Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #22: Spriting challenge
Well that's you fault for not going anon :P
It was an option from day one and most people are using it.
You can't say it's not fair when you had the option as well.
Thanks given by: MangaD
U didn't read my post well.
The fact that it's way more powerful to go anonymous is what bothers me. If doesn't really give u a choice.
Im not here to cry just making constructive criticism but seems like u guys don't want to think about that. Quite disappointing from the oh so mature LFE which even has a philosophy subgroup now.
Thanks given by: Hellblazer
I knew that something like this's gonna happen, at least now we know the level of compitition we got here ... pretty nice stuff for the two who posted till now, anyway ..
I can probably tell that the two anonymous participants are : Sànger and the blue pheonix himself Twisted , not sure about BF but about the sanger guy ... 100% SURE
might be Lutichris instead of BP .. who knows :O :D
                            LF Extended                              [Image: 2518290.gif][Image: e38dd1f.gif][Image: 533172c.gif] (click on the pic)                       Deviantart
                            Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
(11-12-2015, 03:40 PM)Arcane Wrote:  The fact that it's way more powerful to go anonymous is what bothers me. If doesn't really give u a choice.

Why does it bother you?

I actually like the idea that all the entries are shown only at the end. Because this way no one will be looking at other people's work instead of looking at their own first. Seeing other people's work first might affect your motivation and creativity, in other words, it influences you. And well, who doesn't like surprises anyway? :)

There was once a drawing contest at LF2 facebook group where there were like approximately 10 people willing to participate. The first entry was so good, that only one other person bothered to post another entry. So we had a voting phase between 2 entries... This is not what is meant in a contest. What's important, in my point of view, is that everybody participates if they can, regardless of their skills. This way we can actually have fun seeing people's creativity (because concept matters), instead of a voting phase between 2 or 3 awesome entries but no variety because all the others got intimidated.

If you like you can show your entry right away, but that's your choice like bashscrazy pointed out...
So unless you don't care about how your entry might influence others, it's a viable choice. (though it spoils the surprise)

I don't understand what you want. Should all the entries be anon, or should all the entries not be anon? If it comes to such a poll, I prefer that all be anon. But in either case, you'd really not be given a choice. :/

(11-11-2015, 11:56 PM)Arcane Wrote:  Imo this will keep participation on the contest low as its not realy motivating to do sth for an empty thread.

I understand you may feel that way, but what I am trying to explain here is that you should try to look inside yourself (that's what gives your work a characteristic feeling) instead of being influenced by others. But seems like the simple fact that the thread is empty is already influencing you...? Please don't mind the thread and competition, winning is not what's at stake here, winning is just a bonus.

(11-12-2015, 03:40 PM)Arcane Wrote:  just making constructive criticism but seems like u guys don't want to think about that.

I am not ignoring your argument... please forgive me if I misunderstood you...
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by:
I dont believe participation will be low if people choose to have their entries hidden. Unlike other contests this one has a bit more of an incetive (hall of fame)
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by: Gespenst , Hellblazer
either post all right away( U CAN STILL DO THIS ANON) or all at the end, right now its just uneven :)
that bothers me, nothing else (and the fact that it wasnt stated clearly in the rules)
-> "Post your entries in this thread, preferably all in one post, so I can later collect them more easily. If you wish to remain anonymous during submission- and voting-phase, you may as well send the entries to me via Private Message;"
I dont even give a damn who sprited what.

anyway we are at a dead end, I'm mad and so I'm quiet now.
Thanks given by:
Well, the funny thing about posting all right away, is that whoever wishes to be anon (and keep their entries anon) can still do this by only submitting their entries at the end. So it's really just a matter of convenience, also so we get an idea on how many entries there are so far. :p Please don't be mad, but I'm laughing right now. xD :lion:
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by: Som1Lse , Gespenst , Jahvansi , LutiChris
I found it really fun in the last spriting contest when we didn't know whose sprite are whose even during the voting phase. Still, there were 25 entries which was the highest number of participants in an LFE contest so far. Just let us, the hopeless spriters here who're still willing to participate, have fun :P
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Oh god I pulled Idiocy on myself, I forgot about the Contest completely!

._. Well I will be working my head off now..... (°.°)
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
(11-13-2015, 05:57 AM)AmadisLFE Wrote:  ._. Well I will be working my head off now..... (°.°)

Hope you still have a head! Last week is running now! No new entries since the last status update! Exclamation marks!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: