Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contest #22: Spriting challenge
(10-17-2015, 01:14 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  Requirements:
  • 5 sprites are to be created; 1 for each of the following themes:
    1. Grunt* as a main character
      *Grunts are: Bandit, Hunter, Mark, Jack, Sorcerer, Monk, Jan, Knight, and Justin.
    2. Creature (i.e. something which does not exhibit humanly traits)
    3. Character from a video-game or an anime of your choice (please provide an image to compare how he/she originally looks)
    4. Female
    5. Character representing an LFE-member performing a special attack*
      *effects may be added, as long as the character-design is still easily visible

I demand more description on female. All others explained well, but what types of females are we allowed to sprite?
Like am I allowed to sprite a female polar bear and will it still count?

Silverthorn edited this post 10-18-2015 08:46 PM because:
This post has been officially ignored by Blue Phoenix.

Also, for clarity's sake: obviously, female human is meant. If you expect something else, please reconsider your life choices.
[Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg][Image: llqsMqz.jpg]
Thanks given by: Hellblazer
Question! should it be LF2 styled sprites ?
                            LF Extended                              [Image: 2518290.gif][Image: e38dd1f.gif][Image: 533172c.gif] (click on the pic)                       Deviantart
                            Might be back, might be not :^) anyways awesome to see you guys again!
Thanks given by:
(10-18-2015, 08:52 PM)Housemate Wrote:  Question! should it be LF2 styled sprites ?

Answer! Should be similar to LF2, doesn't have to exactly follow proportions, shading style, etc. You've probably noticed that most veterans have their own spriting-style which is perfectly fine. Always keep in mind that, during the poll-phase, I won't make the final decisions; instead, everybody has equal voting-power, so if you manage to create sprites that the majority likes, it's an easy win :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Hate
(10-18-2015, 07:43 PM)LutiChris Wrote:  
BP Wrote:2.Creature (i.e. something which does not exhibit humanly traits)
do furries count? animals that can stand up right and/or have an article of clothing like a hat/scarf or shirt

Standing on one leg and one :)
If Krypto the super-dog fits in, then why no?
Useful
Thanks given by:
Krypto doesn't stand on 2 legs though.
Thanks given by:
(10-19-2015, 02:46 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  Krypto doesn't stand on 2 legs though.

Friend, that was about hat/scarf part :)
Useful
Thanks given by:
5 original sprites? Isn't it even harder than a .gif? Anyway, all the best.
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2015, 07:20 AM)klodasmone Wrote:  5 original sprites? Isn't it even harder than a .gif? Anyway, all the best.

It isnt i guess..
Thanks given by:
It sort of is. At least for me. But it's less boring.

Edit: I bet my "Astonishing Member" title that it was Saanger who submitted ~23 hours after it started.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
(10-26-2015, 07:20 AM)klodasmone Wrote:  5 original sprites? Isn't it even harder than a .gif?
Depends on how good you are at animating. Of course, creating several sprites takes more effort than slapping down a single one. In order to account for that, I purposely set the deadline so far in the future that everybody should have a chance to create something. Considering that there are still 33 days left, you have plenty of time to dish something out.

Then again, if you just want to participate without planning on winning, you can also just submit in categories you like.

Fun fact: the first entry was submitted 23 hours and 52 minutes after the contest started :)

(10-26-2015, 10:09 AM)Doctor A Wrote:  It sort of is. At least for me. But it's less boring.
Exactly, that is the whole point. In fact, two days ago, I tried myself at spriting something (as in: create several frames of a single char) and, oh boy, this is so immensely boring :p
Hats off to anybody who is capable of filling a whole sheet of the same char and not punch the monitor out of boredom or frustration.

Ramond edited this post 10-26-2015 06:14 PM because:
THAT REFERENCE
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: prince_freeza , MangaD