Obesity, skiny, tall, short, unibrow, hairy, flat figure
Not True
Thanks given by:
(08-28-2015, 02:56 PM)Gad Wrote:  Not True

Prove it.
Useful
Thanks given by:
You can't be genetically born fat.
There are even people with thyroid problems where their metabolisms are low that they can't eat a lot or they will get fat quicker but some of them still manage to be at a healthy weight.
Other people use that thyroid issue as an excuse.

And then there are just fat lazy people who don't give 2 sh****.
Genetics don't play a role at all in weight.

It's all about calories in vs calories out.
Some people just burn more naturally through their metabolism and others burn so little.
You have to find your own healthy balance through diet and exercise.
Thanks given by: Rhino.Freak , Marko
(08-28-2015, 03:09 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  You can't be genetically born fat.
Diabetes is one of many syndromes which can directly cause obesity and overweight.

Quote:There are even people with thyroid problems where their metabolisms are low that they can't eat a lot or they will get fat quicker but some of them still manage to be at a healthy weight.
Other people use that thyroid issue as an excuse.
Some of those do, but other don't. Surely how fast they gain weight differs from a person to another. There is an extent to how far you can go with a diet.

Quote:And then there are just fat lazy people who don't give 2 sh****.
Genetics don't play a role at all in weight.
Of course there are. But like I said, it's not possible to recognize those whom are lazy from the ones who are actually having a health problem associated with it.

Quote:It's all about calories in vs calories out.
Not quite. And that's because what you said here:
Quote:Some people just burn more naturally through their metabolism and others burn so little.
:P
Even if only 1% of the overweight people are actually ill, I'd rather not be discriminating to ensure I am fair with everybody.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
The percentage of people who actually can't loose any weight at all despite sh**** of effort is like 2%.
Rest are all lazyasses and pass the blame to genetics. It fills me with anger.

I'm a few kgs overweight but I dont pass the blame to anything at all.
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
(08-28-2015, 03:43 PM)Doctor A Wrote:  
Quote:It's all about calories in vs calories out.
Not quite. And that's because what you said here:
Quote:Some people just burn more naturally through their metabolism and others burn so little.

Calories out is part of metabolism. You burn calories through your basil metabolic rate - aka BMR. If you just lie in bed all day you still burn like ~1200-2000 calories depending on your BMR.

Your body burns through energy to feed itself to allow it to run the way it does. The body works on energy.
Calories out = Metabolism + exercise

And hmm yeah I guess I forgot some things like diabetes. But majority of people that blame genetics don't have a genetic problem.
They just like to put the blame elsewhere rather than themselves.
Also I stick with "you can't be genetically born fat"
You just have genetic dispositions that make it easier to be fat / harder to lose weight :p
Thanks given by:
(08-28-2015, 04:26 PM)bashscrazy Wrote:  But majority of people that blame genetics don't have a genetic problem.
Even though. As long as this minority exist- as long as there is the slightest chance one is telling the truth, you lose the right to call him a liar without a base that proves, beyond certainty, that he's lying. Same goes with every judgement you make to anything in life.

Quote:Also I stick with "you can't be genetically born fat"
You just have genetic dispositions that make it easier to be fat / harder to lose weight :p
I know someone who was born, and till this very day is, as rotund as a ball. I am not saying this to disprove your idea of it. But I trust genes play a big role in that, especially that his parent and most of the people in their stem, are very overweight too.
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
Damn guys why are you so meticulous about that. Im just gonna stick back to lf threads.
Thanks given by:
(08-28-2015, 05:49 PM)Gad Wrote:  Damn guys why are you so meticulous about that. Im just gonna stick back to lf threads.

Than do that if it pleases you.. I actually think this is a rather interesting, important and highly misunderstood subject.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: Gespenst
If a guy have a unibrow, is he different?
Useful
Thanks given by: