Poll: how should the sprites be created?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
photo
30.00%
9 30.00%
draw
70.00%
21 70.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
a fighting game project, joining
...To tell you the truth, using photos for a 2d game would be really hard and look bad in the end.

Why? Photos would look blurry, and if you were to render the person out of a picture, the edges of that person would look sharp and crisp, completely ruining it. It would only look good if the edges were anti-aliased, but that's not going to happen in a 2d game made from Game Maker.

Sprites would be easier and would look better, there really is no point of using cut-outs of photos.
~Member of the NTSD team~
[Image: sigk.png]
http://ntsd.open-board.com/
Thanks given by:
well, blurring can be used in gm, but since the poll was kinda useless (9/8 -.-),
we will take pics of ourselfes, but redraw/ edit them so they look like nes ones (just cause we need ONE style and this is the easiest)
Thanks given by:
Lol this is gonna be interesting. Photos vs/or sprites. Honestly, do sprites. It'll make things easier. And IF u can't draw, commission someone to do them for you. :P

@Alectric: Better be glad I haven't licensed that picture yet otherwise I'd sue you for plagarism. lol...just kidding. OR AM I O_o?
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by:
(05-15-2009, 08:27 AM)Bamboori Wrote:  well, blurring can be used in gm, but since the poll was kinda useless (9/8 -.-),
we will take pics of ourselfes, but redraw/ edit them so they look like nes ones (just cause we need ONE style and this is the easiest)

No, please not NES style. (Too few colours for real life sprites.) SNES would be ideal.
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
ok ok ok.... sprites... welll first i must to know engine progres, how should it works, how many moves can i make for character? how many frames per move... i want to know anyrhing....i mean that whats the whole plan? or you just open thread to get the idea?
Thanks given by:
hmmm, okay, then it will be snes-sprites.
will edit first post in a sec.
@hell_fighter: well, i got the idea since a long time, but never quite managed to do it, and now i did zhis thread to... err, make it :D
the fps will be 10 i guess.
the number of frames depends on the length of the move :p you can make as many moves as you want, but keep in mind that every char should be unique, so if you "steal" them all the moves it will be quite boring. so i guess around 5-10 should be okay.
Thanks given by:
Update: 2 walking frames done. (lol this is gonna take awhile.)

EDIT: All three walking frames
[Image: 8yysqu.png]
[Image: 1rdqfm.png]
[Image: 2qwebdf.png]
Escape is a two-syllable word that grants temporary peace in the present to a future victim.
Thanks given by:
May I just use some ripped ideas<cough>Breath of Fire III<cough>
I´ll use Ryu <coughs again>Breath of Fire III<cough>what about "me" to transform into a Dragon
(like the origin game)but I´ll try to sprite everything myself (or not if possible)
[Image: qwaqyydv.png]
Thanks given by:
well, since no one seems to draw himself, i will allow drawing something that represents you.

i will go with a kung-fu master :D

@zab: now you can be a normal char aswell :p

@yakub:NO ripped sprites please, idea-stealing is allowed as long as you give credit xd
sorry for doublepost, but i have to keep the thread alive^^

here is my first sprite (standing, animated):
[Image: stand.gif]
i know the hands look weird, i will change them probably^^
and dont mind the black stuff^^
Thanks given by:
Lol see how much eZer that was? Look how awesome you look as a fighting char? :P

Nice sprite btw. Lol are you really that skinny? :P x2
Thanks given by: