Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sora
Hy fellas,im curently begining a project and i want to ask you if the spriting is ok,the proportions the shadows and texturing is it all good to go?
I think the proportions are a bit too realistic

Ive redone it using a template(what i shouldve done) and i think i completly nailed it

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
not bad
Thanks given by:
which one is the character? if you're talking about the first one, it looks, as you said, too realistic for lf2 style, the two others, are better if talking about lf2 style, but have an awfull shading.
make sure to check my sprites!
I guarantee your eyes won't hurt! At least, they won't hurt too much :p !
Thanks given by:
(11-21-2017, 03:57 PM)the mad maskman Wrote:  which one is the character? if you're talking about the first one, it looks, as you said, too realistic for lf2 style, the two others, are better if talking about lf2 style, but have an awfull shading.

Im more of a cartoony type of style,but if theres anything you can tell me specificaly about my shading that would be great,im trying to get better,tho as i said i want to work more with cartoonish types of style it definetly wont hurt.Ty
Thanks given by:
i'm not a good spriter, so i can't really help you much. the bad thing about the shading, is that it's not noticeable at all. use the colors from the first one, and apply them to the others. should be fine.
make sure to check my sprites!
I guarantee your eyes won't hurt! At least, they won't hurt too much :p !
Thanks given by:
Contrasts need to be increased a lot. As an example, I picked your second sprite and checked the levels around the chest area:
[Image: nicVhLJ.png]

Let's compare that to something like Bat, shall we?
[Image: kC7ys8k.png]

As you can see, the range of levels is much higher. If you don't know what these diagrams tell you, essentially, black is on the left, white on the right, and every other shade inbetween. The higher these peaks are, the more of that specific shade are located in the image.

This is the analytical way of telling that the shading is not strong enough. The visual one has been given by @the mad maskman. You'll want to use a separate color for highlights and/or shadows, respectively. In this case, try something like this:
[Image: KzaYoPH.png]
Highlights are optional. If you don't want the suit to become too bright, you can omit them (shadows need to be placed more accurately, though).

For practicing, it's great to use solid colors (-> Cel shading) because it'll give you a feeling where light hits and where it doesn't. Also, it's the general LF2-shading style because it's quite fast and reliable.

In terms of proportions, #2 & 3 are definitely more LF2-ish which would make sense going for if it's for an LF2-character. I do like the pose of #1 most, though!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: the mad maskman