Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
copy question
Is it possible to make a char copy other chars's move?
Thanks given by:
hm: first thought: website search first, but I got the question wrong. So lets think about it.

Actually it is - but right now this system is very complicated (each attack get kind of identification with activating a hidden object with an ik8 on different levels). So I would please you to give us a bit more details. For example if it's davis vs dennis, should davis make a move LIKE whirwind punch or should he transform into dennis and make the move?

Then should this work for ALL moves in your version (will only work for a version I think) or only for some?
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
i want my char can make a move like the opponent but he doesn't transform into that guy and this is for all move in a version i'm working on
Thanks given by:
You mean like kirby? The system is pretty complicated like MH said.
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=1118
~Member of the NTSD team~
[Image: sigk.png]
http://ntsd.open-board.com/
Thanks given by:
All moves....

ok I'll tell you something: before you can make a copy of ALL moves you need to sprite the ALL moves for your char and tell me one thing: how the hack do you want to put the frames for ALL moves into ONE dat.-file!? Actually the limit is at 399... have a solution for this already? So maybe you make your plan a bit smaller first :p
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2008, 09:00 AM)MH-Razen Wrote:  Actually the limit is at 399...
400 (starts at 0 :P)

actually it's "possible" if you're really crazy. Just make 1 or 2 more data files, and have all these files being state: 80XX-able. Then, have frame 0 in the move-data file have lots of itr kind 8s. Since you only can have 5 ik8s per frame (i think), you'd probably want frame 0 and frame 1 to have different sets of them. Then, when you do a copy move from the original char data file, it brings the char being copied to a specific frame which makes them opoint a t3 invisible thing that sticks to your original char (this is the move specifier to "copy"). this must have a next: to opoint the t0 at whatever level for the move to happen.

to make it very clear (I think MH will like this :P)
let A1 = original char
let A2 = original char's move data file - extra data
let B = any char to copy move from

let copy-move = move that A1 stays on (let's assume he goes to a recurring frame), and creates a bdy that B will react on via ik8
let mimic = move that A1 does his "copied" move (stored from the copy-move)

1. A1 has bdy at y 10000. This is for the t3 move definator to stick to it.

2. when A1 does copy-move, and B does X move, B is forced to a frameset and opoints a t3 object with ik8 that will stick to A1 y 10000. the t3 object just needs 2 frames per copyable move: 1st frame is to stick to A1 via ik8, 2nd frame is to opoint the t0 bdy at X's defined level (so that A2 knows which move to go to)

3. when A1 does mimic, he transforms into A2 via 80XX. on frame 0~n (where n is the biggest frame number with ik8 moves), he has many ik8s, each leading to the pre-defined copied moves. so it's like,

frame 0 wait: 1 next: 1
...ik8 dvx: to "deep DVA" (double quotes means it's a pre-made move)
...ik8 dvx: to "deep D>A"
...ik8 dvx: to "deep D^J"
...ik8 dvx: to "deep D>J"
...ik8 dvx: to "john D>A"
frame 1 wait: 1 next: 2
...ik8 dvx: to "john D^A"
...ik8 dvx: to "john D^J"
etc.

4. on frame n+1 (after cycling through all mimicked moves), it needs state: 80XX where XX is A1's id. this means he returns to become A1 again (coz A2 is where he checks all mimicked moves).

5. this also means, after all moves in A2, it needs next: (n+1) so that he returns to A1's data set.

6. complications mean that A2's injured frames need state: 80XX to become A1 otherwise he'll just cycle through the move check thing if using next: 999 (unless you use 1.9c + silva's hex edit where the 80XX means transform to the frame number u were on in the previous data file)

that's advanced :P

Azriel~
Thanks given by: MH-Razen , Bamboori , Hukko , Silverthorn
freak :p

you're right with 400, the last number is 399 ;)

the solution you tell -sure it would work, but erm... I really think this is only for freaks :p

moved to advanced
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by: Hukko , Madara Uchiha