Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey typing box? [Error or Intended?]
So I just noticed this really strange box yesterday night. (Of my time) I took a screenshot of it, take a look:
Normal Post Box: [Image: NWnKO08.png]
Grey Post Box: [Image: 9gSZwxj.png]
Is this intended or an Error?
Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
Probably error, I have seen it a bit times but refreshing the page seems to solve it.
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
I see it always :/

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
The first black box that appears without any toolbar is for the users who have Javascript disabled in their browsers. It is the first to load, and then the editor with the toolbar covers that box, hiding it. The grey box inside the editor means it is in WYSIWYG mode, definitely not intended.
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by:
@MangaD
I seem to always have this Error on LFE, and refreshing doesn't help :/
Any Idea why the grey box rapidly appears?

Thanks given by:
Yes, you have been cursed!
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2016, 02:31 PM)AmadisLFE Wrote:  @MangaD
I seem to always have this Error on LFE, and refreshing doesn't help :/
Any Idea why the grey box rapidly appears?

"always" happens since when exactly? Since your first post in the thread? If that's the case, then you are definitely cursed!

On a more serious note, though, I changed literally nothing the past few weeks. Did you, by any chance, disabled some sort of javascript or blocked a certain content-element from lf-empire.de?

I am more than amazed that you managed to launch the wysiwyg-editor, to be honest. When the site is being sent to your browser, the engine firstly checks whether a flag to show the wysiwyg-editor is set. If yes, then it is being launched. I injected some code which overrides that and always sets the flag to false, thus always stopping THE EVIL from being catered (in theory). There seems to be a way to circumvent it, so please tell me if you have changed anything before it has started to show up. Thanks!
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
This thing always happened to me since Blue Phoenix enabled WYSIWYG mode on LFE. I thought its intented all the time. Well, good thing, its not happening now.
" LF2 Against The Evils", my first LF2 video series.
Check my channel :D :-

Litte Fighter Videos  <-- This is a link! Click This!
Thanks given by:
I am also experiencing this. The WYSIWYG-editor will be displayed for 0.25 of a second, and then be replaced with the text-editor.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by:
(03-06-2016, 05:20 PM)Someone else Wrote:  I am also experiencing this. The WYSIWYG-editor will be displayed for 0.25 of a second, and then be replaced with the text-editor.

The way you described sounds like a temporary workaround which is too cool to abandon now :p

After looking into the database, I found that, for whatever reason, you had a setting enabled that makes the editor boot in wysiwyg-mode. No idea how it got enabled in first place but I now resetted it (together with 73 other users that also has this configuration). It should now launch instantly in source-mode :)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: AmadisLFE