Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Character: DennisX - Complete
(10-12-2015, 09:28 PM)Simoneon Wrote:  I don't have the ability to play the champ so I'll only comment on what I could see in the video you posted.

I feel that the overall damage values could be reduced. Especially on that wave move. Either create an obvious weakness point, for example a longer windup time or make the wave disappear after a short distance (but even then, I'd reduce the damage marginally). Same goes with the kick move. Other than that - the character, even though it's pretty simple and brings nothing really new to the table, is well polished and I guess that is a very positive aspect if you're learning data-changing just now. You're in the right track, keep going! What you need in the future, in my opinion, is some original ideas on the character design and I can see that already developing in your next project (that has no name, yet). Don't aim too high though, as your productivity may decrease if you find yourself unable to finish basic sprites and so you can get bored after a while. I'd advise you to use the wide variety of tools LFE has to offer, especially that sprite generator Gad has created. Might help you feel motivated in the long run!

Oh, and I like that DennisX took some psychotherapy courses and got rid of that bipolarity. I was worried.

I think im going to finish this new char sometime in the future, cause im very bad at spriting and also not that good at DCing :/

My plan now is to make a new Little Fighter which it makes possible for every char to transform into a more overpowered one :)
I like transformations a lot and this way i can improve my DCing skills, my problem is that i want to learn 100 different things at the same time xD
and spriting demotivates me a lot xD
[Image: dennisxl4spw.gif] [Image: triada2eunj.gif] [Image: freezexcds6l.gif]
Thanks given by:
First off, yes it was very good for the first time for Dcing..

*Repeating what Simon said*

All hail LFE for its teaching power! Well anyway, now on with the review.

Spoilered Spoilers (Click to View)

You're just dying if you're living and thinking about a betrayal, revive yourself.
Think about that one person that has trusted you forever, not the thousand people that have betrayed you.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the Review :D

but this is my second char

the first one is him:

i was not sure if i should post him :/ but i think i will do :)
Thanks given by:
(10-13-2015, 01:44 PM)Triak Wrote:  The KamehameHa isnt supposted to be so strong but without state 3005 it has shadows and you can guide it with up and down :/
I wanted it to be as strong as firzen's attack :/
any idea how to remove the shadows without state 3005?
Use ik9 together with state 3005. That's the closest thing you can do for single characters, but it also makes the beam overpowered in its own way.

Might want to lower the damage. If your character is meant to fit in with normal LF2 characters and he can do more damage and use less mana than Davis' uppercut for 1 attack, he is definitely too strong.

Will appreciate if your trailers didn't mute LF2 sound and didn't have very loud music playing over the video. People want to hear how the character sounds in-game, not hear your music.

For a new DCer, not bad, though creating new characters isn't just about adding new moves but also designing how he plays. Too many mods have characters who simply use 1 ball move that kills everything on the screen, but relatively few characters with a clear theme and well-designed playstyle + combos.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
(10-13-2015, 02:52 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  
(10-13-2015, 01:44 PM)Triak Wrote:  The KamehameHa isnt supposted to be so strong but without state 3005 it has shadows and you can guide it with up and down :/
Use ik9 together with state 3005. That's the closest thing you can do for single characters, but it also makes the beam overpowered in its own way.

Might want to lower the damage. If your character is meant to fit in with normal LF2 characters and he can do more damage and use less mana than Davis' uppercut for 1 attack, he is definitely too strong.

Will appreciate if your trailers didn't mute LF2 sound and didn't have very loud music playing over the video. People want to hear how the character sounds in-game, not hear your music.

For a new DCer, not bad, though creating new characters isn't just about adding new moves but also designing how he plays. Too many mods have characters who simply use 1 ball move that kills everything on the screen, but relatively few characters with a clear theme and well-designed playstyle + combos.

Im going to revamp Dennis after my new projekt ^^
This is what im now working on:
[Image: big-ball2sejcm.gif]

I didnt use the lf2 musik because i dont want any ads on my videos :/.
And i will make lf2 sound louder :D

No he is way less OP!
New Download/ Video on the main post

Damage per hit: 10
You can jump out of the attack

Hope this is better than before :)
Thanks given by:
(10-13-2015, 06:19 AM)Triak Wrote:  Thanks for the Review :D

but this is my second char

the first one is him:

i was not sure if i should post him :/ but i think i will do :)

(10-13-2015, 06:41 PM)Triak Wrote:  
(10-13-2015, 02:52 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  

Im going to revamp Dennis after my new projekt ^^
This is what im now working on:
[Image: big-ball2sejcm.gif]

I didnt use the lf2 musik because i dont want any ads on my videos :/.
And i will make lf2 sound louder :D

No he is way less OP!
New Download/ Video on the main post

Damage per hit: 10
You can jump out of the attack

Hope this is better than before :)
anyone have DennisX file i need that please? sorry for my bad english :(
Thanks given by: