Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Character: Leo
It's always been 16 frames. This is mostly just a reskin of the boomerang.
Thanks given by:

Leo vs Jason
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by: Gespenst , Bupkis
I don't know, Leo's walking looks like he is blind but thats unique, which is actualy a good thing. His running is too stiff, reminds me of Julian but for Leo it looks stiff. To many energy balls being released, nahh, thats a turn off, even if it has no offensive power at all.

Also, now that I see Jason, he looks weird while walking. I dont understand. His eyes are so big that it makes him look like he is a big child or atleast he was sprited at ordinary fighter size and got resized to 120% or 110%
Useful
Thanks given by: Deep
(04-26-2015, 09:38 PM)Sänger Wrote:  To many energy balls being released, nahh, thats a turn off, even if it has no offensive power at all.
I unlocked his shooting frequency in crazy mode only. Try normal difficulty yourself.
(04-26-2015, 09:38 PM)Sänger Wrote:  His running is too stiff [...] Also, now that I see Jason, he looks weird while walking.
I can happily redirect the criticism to the references used: Leo animations from the flash game and Julian - both recreated pretty faithfully imo.
(04-26-2015, 09:38 PM)Sänger Wrote:  His eyes are so big that it makes him look like he is a big child or atleast he was sprited at ordinary fighter size and got resized to 120% or 110%
You've said that before. I still don't see it (apart from him generally being bigger). He was sprited at 200% of Julians size and actually scaled down further than him.
Thanks given by: prince_freeza , Deep
Also, for a ref, have you tried to take full size sprite rips?

(04-27-2015, 11:27 AM)YinYin Wrote:  
(04-26-2015, 09:38 PM)Sänger Wrote:  His running is too stiff [...] Also, now that I see Jason, he looks weird while walking.
I can happily redirect the criticism to the references used: Leo animations from the flash game and Julian - both recreated pretty faithfully imo.
Alright, let's see this nit picking
You said that that reference was used from the flash games.
Scarf seems to be a separate object which has flow of its own but the rest of it.
Not that you changed his pose, made his whole arm different but also
this
[Image: 2VDvsVn.png]
[Image: baHmUHA.png]
The proof that Marti back then did better than you guys. Look, head have its round shape, its not flat.
The problem is that the head in yours version is flat and too high according to the reference you used.
Believe me, those are the real sprites from the actual game, I just resized it to 20% so it could fit 79x79 size.
Also I miss body rotation in some frames of yours.
Most of the people maybe all hyped because it was made by old respectful members, great spriter, many new features including AI, made by same creator, it resembles lf2 style while it lacks some things.
Useful
Thanks given by: YinYin , Deep
Ah - fair enough. We do have the normal running without the stretched arm (where the other arm also moves more and the body rotates). That's a design choice on my part/technical requirement for shooting and running.
I don't see how the head is flat though - he is just facing straight forward instead of slightly to the right.

edit: and pf also kept flipping first and third running frame around x_X just like you did now

hm I think I get what you mean now - we did go for the typical more pointy LF2 face instead of the bubbly/sphere/round one in the flash
Thanks given by: Gespenst
i don't think ill be changing anything.. i don't see any major flaw which will disrupt your fighting experience the sprites look good enough and up to level ;)
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
(04-27-2015, 12:56 PM)prince_freeza Wrote:  you flipped these they dont match.
[Image: baHmUHA.png]

Thats not the point.
In OG game he looked like rushing forward and now it dont. Its like trying to stop and run at the same time with his back straight.
Also the way 1st and 2nd frame arm having no swing. weird.
If his head would be a little lower and more located at the front than the middle, situation would change.
Useful
Thanks given by: A-Man , Deep , Gad
I did not play this character, but after viewing the thread I have to say: Good job.
Mono has a point, there is also another thing bothering me.
I made a similiar walking-shooting technique with Hoodie and Shooting troop from Space Fighter mod, I tried to make it look more fluent by making them not stand so stiff in the idle/breathing frames. They have they arms raised in the idle frames, so the transition between walking and standing is not that sharp. I think you could manage to do something similiar to Leo, to make it look cleaner. Walking is showed for the most time in game and every sharp "sprite jump" is clearly visable there. I hope you get what I mean.
[Image: 2cftqbd.png]
Thanks given by:
That's great for holding a weapon - not so much for an arm (standing is a relaxed pose, try stretching your arm out for a long time). I already did think about giving him a normal run attack initially so he could run with both arms swinging - certainly wouldn't want to alter the standing in a similar way.

Besides that the difference between standing and walking is crucial for Leo - walking will always shoot, standing allows you to shoot with both hands (more powerful) or use items. So a strong cue like the arm going up/down is quite helpful imo.

I dare you to get an lf2 installation, paste Leo into it and see if it holds true when you play him.
Thanks given by: