Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to LF2 after few years.
Oh, so Maverick has made it impossible to install other mods? I'd never figure that out!
Thanks given by:
Not exactly. Using the installer simply pastes a new data.txt using all the original content and the required Maveric data lines - thus overwriting anything you may have installed beforehand.
Just install him last or install him manually (get the data lines from the data.txt the installer creates and paste them into the games data.txt).
Thanks given by:
Thanks! I love maverick so far because he is not OP :)
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 09:18 AM)boracarina Wrote:  Thanks! I love maverick so far because he is not OP :)

Did you manage to get any other characters in? You were probably forgetting about the data lines that have to be added to data.txt before. 

You may have already figured it all out, but here's some info if you need help:

The installation is diffirent for some characters, therefor almost all characters come with a readme that helps you through the installation. If you check Goku for example (sorry for mentioning him again here lol :p ), you'll find a readme with every step of the installation in detail.

You can also find solutions for installation problems on the forums:
- Couldn't create art surface usually means the sprite the game crashes on, doesn't exist in the folder it is supposed to be in;
- A crash of the game without an error could mean that there's data problems in the character (however, this shouldn't happen with characters you download from LFE as they are tested :) )
- Characters aren't loading or projectile attacks don't work in game would mean that you're missing a data line in data.txt

If you make sure all sprites, all data files and all sounds are in the correct place, and you added the lines to data.txt, everything should work fine.

I hope you'll enjoy the game again ^^
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
Yes! I've changed to version 1.9c and now everything works, some combability problems maybe?
Anyway i love your goku :)

Ok now a problem... Instlling FreeRo
the instructions say:

- Move all folders into your LF2-directory
- Add these lines to data.txt (to the object-part):

But moving all folders would replace my data.txt, and also sprites say it needs to replace some smoke thing? can i manually add these lines to my current data.txt?
also is overriding smoke safe?
update: every character asking to - Move all folders into your LF2-directory didn't install at all or their hits went through characters :(
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2014, 12:39 PM)boracarina Wrote:  Yes! I've changed to version 1.9c and now everything works, some combability problems maybe?
Anyway i love your goku :)

Ok now a problem... Instlling FreeRo
the instructions say:

- Move all folders into your LF2-directory
- Add these lines to data.txt (to the object-part):

But moving all folders would replace my data.txt, and also sprites say it needs to replace some smoke thing? can i manually add these lines to my current data.txt?
also is overriding smoke safe?
I that case, you should not overwrite data.txt, but like you did for Maverick, just copy the data lines from that text file into the data.txt that is in your LF2/data folder.

You can overwrite the smoke. It's probably the one belonging to Rudolf? The only thing it changes, is that Rudolf's smoke will look exactly the same as the one you're replacing it with, the one belonging to Freero. But that's no problem as long as the size of both files is exactly the same and it's the same idea (smoke)

Quote:update: every character asking to - Move all folders into your LF2-directory didn't install at all or their hits went through characters :(
Did you update data.txt? You should never overwrite the data.txt file with one that you downloaded; just copy/paste the data lines to your original data.txt

Hits going through characters could mean that you installed too many characters. I think that updated the limitation of data lines in data.txt in version 2.0, but some characters require extra work to install because they were made for version 1.9. So you can either:
- Delete some characters from your data.txt, LF2 will not load them anymore and the characters should be working fine then;
- Install version 2.0a and make mirror sprites for the characters that were made for version 1.9 (these characters only got sprites named 'charactername_0', but you won't see a 'charactername_0_mirror'. The mirror sprite is simply the same spritesheet, but rotated horizontally (you can do this in paint, but there is also a sprite mirrorer on the main site that makes it easier)

Also, thanks, I'm glad you like Goku :) 
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
I dont know how installed too many characters when i have only 4 of them installed :/
I know nothing about mirror sprites and stuff and i don't wanna do that, i guess i'll just play normal characters plus Maverick and goku ^^
I still remember that i could install 20 characters every time just download and click install xD
Thanks given by: