Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Story mode (nearly complete story on page 8)
Its too much to read so I'll directly place my opinions here.

Firstly :
Max number of players - The maximum number of playable characters shouldn't exceed 40 or 45.. Otherwise the loading time will take quite some time and the people with low end PCs will be getting the "couldn't create art surface" error.

Now for a theme, hmm, I think something like an "after 10 years..." sort of storyline would be amazing.

That way we'll have slightly different looking characters (can be made with minor adjustments like adding a beard or changing hairstyle or buffing up etc). And new powerful moves would make sense.

Also they now have more friends with them, that is the extra GOOD side playable characters.. And naturally there will be extra EVIL side characters too..

That's my BASIC idea.. We can then see what exactly have and an in depth story and stuff.

Since this is Extended LF2, this was my idea, to stay closer to what LF2 actually is.

But if I think out of box.. I think ALIENS stuff would be rather interesting :D
(03-20-2016, 06:41 PM)mfc Wrote:  Be the unsqueezable sponge!
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
on second thoughts, I think 10 years would be a tad much.. Just 3-4 years time leap is enough.
also I think we shouldn't do any Advance DCing that can be looked through.. Or HEX. I mean, it should be AS CLOSE TO LF2 and its basic mechanics as possible.

About stage mode, I think it would be rather interesting to have a specific stage where we play as Julian to fight the new boss (and his grunts), in which he'll eventually loose.. We can weave a great story together.
I really liked "CL" from R-LF2, so have a Dark coloured figure as a boss villain would be awesome. Not only will he be stronger than Julian, but his 'dark' powers can make people evil too? What say?

I think we will make the BEST AI EVER for Julian and this new Boss.
also in the last stage mode, we'll have Julian join us to defeat that Dark figure. But wait, PLOT TWIST: at the end when we feel its all over, we'll see Julian being infected/controlled/whatever by that dark guy.. So we'll be fighting the super OP Julian alone in the last stage's last part.
My new life motto!
Thanks given by:
I believe that we shouldnt bring Julian again as the final boss ( or something)

He could be fighting in this game when is like little fighters tells the story how they beaten Julian at his palace. Like one flashback phase of the stage.
Useful
Thanks given by:
I like your ideas Rhino, thanks for sharing! Saying it's 3-4 years later is a good reason to change some clothes and make minor changes to the fighting style. I'll update the first post in a few hours and add your ideas. 

Shall we start discussing the ideas in 24 hours from now? Then everyone can still add new ideas within that time. 
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: Gespenst
Quote:I think we shouldn't do any Advance DCing that can be looked through.. Or HEX. I mean, it should be AS CLOSE TO LF2 and its basic mechanics as possible.
I disagree. Basic LF2 mechanics that you are talking about often required unique hex (or in Marti's case C++, or whatever he used) approach, f.e. Henry's flute, John's shield, etc. So if you want to make original moves, but keep the simplistic general idea, then you'd need advanced coding.
After all, what matters most is how the ability looks like to the player and if the ability keeps the LF2 simple theme then it doesn't matter how you code the ability as long as it works :)
Thanks given by: Gespenst
what if the main villain is a female?
Useful
Thanks given by:
just to let u know i wont be able to login for the next 24 hours (some kind of holiday)
so if u get to any final decision please wait bit longer to me ^_^

and i would suggest opening a free chat thread for those kind of stuff
just to keep this thread clear of spams >.<
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 08:38 AM)Mono Wrote:  what if the main villain is a female?

We'll get into details later, let's brainstorm and decide on the theme first

In the end, it has to fit the theme anyway
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
Alright.
We must throw away these fusion theories that allows to beat some guy (too much dbz stuff). Let Julian go, separate story would be great but actualy one lf2 character deserves a whole mod just for himself.

This theme/story/idea is actualy based on one of mine "mods comming from my head".
Somebody got old, but he wants to get his youth back. He sends his appreantice to set the magical circles at specific areas. Evil wizard who wants to get his youth back takes control over some fighters (known and unknown) and by controling them, he is heading towards his goals. Those magical circles drains humans life energy and gives it to Evil wizard.

So the main thing is that Evil wizard wants to get his youth back and almost gets it but Little Fighters stops his evil doings.

(something like that happened in dbz too but this one happens everywhere)
Useful
Thanks given by: Memento
hmm so wait didn't we all gave our ideas pretty much? instead of thinking more themes shouldn't we decide to actually start with one theme and go with the specifics in it?
My new life motto!
Thanks given by: