• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blaze
[Image: nkiV8kU.png] [Image: JNcHc0i.gif]

progress (Click to View)

early sprite design (Click to View)
[Image: B5PGcCR.png]
[Image: knTTal3.gif]
| SPRITES | BLAZE |

good luck on your project, it sounds good !
If I did it, I will change his body more physically stronger (with Six-Pack)
and change something on his standing, like to add a yellow light from his hand, or something that doesn't exist in another character.
Sincerely, Slitcm ,Gal [Image: mXx4c.gif]
Thanks given by:
(12-15-2013, 04:33 PM)onikage Wrote:  - extra frames, which means i will try to include more frames for some action sprites (for ex running wont have to be 3 frames i will try to make it up to 5 frames with fresh style of running)
Only do the traditional key frames first. Basic action cycles like running and walking cannot be easily extended, 5 frames really don't make any sense. (technically)
Once you know how to script in more frames you can always sprite more transition frames to smothen things out. Until then you'll be done faster with less frames.

(12-15-2013, 04:33 PM)onikage Wrote:  [Image: DHLJko7.png] based on my facepic concept #1 *see spoiler below* normally i would start spotting my flaws and mistakes after a couple hours from creating the facepic for some reason i really don't like this one i think he looks (bulky?) in the facepic which doesn't really make him compatible with the artwork nor the sprite.
You stretched his face up and made him look all clean. If his skin looks a bit dirty/covered in a thin layer of soot he looks much more like the fire character he's supposed to be:
[Image: UyyEC7y.gif]
Also some hair curling back onto his neck really helps break up that straight/clean look too.
Thanks given by: onikage , LutiChris
yinyin Wrote:Only do the traditional key frames first. Basic action cycles like running and walking cannot be easily extended, 5 frames really don't make any sense. (technically)
Once you know how to script in more frames you can always sprite more transition frames to smothen things out. Until then you'll be done faster with less frames.

yeah what i really meant was "sprite more transition frames to smothen things out." also i wont be doing this to all action sprites, i think falling for example wont need any transition frames imo.

also, more like this:
[Image: 4GxebXI.png] tampered with the face a little, and added some hair on the neck as suggested.
[Image: Ntjtofg.gif]

included at the related stuff:
| SPRITES | BLAZE |

Thanks given by:
Better, but now you've also made his face thinner which kind of almost negates the effect making it still look so not up to the sketch and sprite.

You should really try pulling down nose/eyes and where his hair starts a notch, keep the mouth were it is (the way it happens when you overlay the sketch on the face as I did).
I think that really makes the most difference.

And try using thicker outlines and compare them to the original faces.

Also the shading of his neck below the chin could use a little more work. Dent below the adams apple and a hint at the second sternocleidomastoid muscle.
Thanks given by:
last try for today, am exhausted Sleepy and don't feel like doing anything related to the project till tomorrow..

[Image: mGvvRnj.png]

this is what i will stick with for now, i don't want to focus too much on the facepic and i wanna start with basic sprites which is what i will do tomorrow after am back from work.

| SPRITES | BLAZE |

Thanks given by:
You could think about making his hair +head little bigger, so he'll fit to other lf2 characters more.
The 'dark' version of face looks retarded.
[Image: 11giwbl.png]
Thanks given by:
I dont, see any problems with face, the first one was the best.
Thanks given by:
(12-15-2013, 08:55 PM)Waspy Wasp Wrote:  You could think about making his hair +head little bigger, so he'll fit to other lf2 characters more.
Hm, I've checked it next to originals and the size seems fine.
(12-15-2013, 06:56 PM)onikage Wrote:  last try for today, am exhausted Sleepy and don't feel like doing anything related to the project till tomorrow..

this is what i will stick with for now, i don't want to focus too much on the facepic and i wanna start with basic sprites which is what i will do tomorrow after am back from work.
That's ok.
The neck looks great now and the face is certainly better too.
Still I can't help tinkering with it cause the sketch looks so great and the actual face still has that all-face-muscles-hanging look.

here's what I did (Click to View)
Here are the results:
[Image: mGvvRnj.png][Image: sPuwfJY.png][Image: mGvvRnj.png]
first: your latest.
second: my edit of the large resolution.
third: my edit on your latest.
last: again your latest for better comparison.

I didn't intend to change the hue of his skin - dunno why that happened.
Thanks given by: LutiChris , onikage
thanks yinyin, i think ill go with the third one ill just have to fix its neck, plus he doesn't look sleepy since you lifted the eyes a notch so that seems to be what i was not able to see last night.. so thanks again (;

aand, update: punch1

[Image: 1IcJlVJ.gif]

| SPRITES | BLAZE |

Thanks given by: