Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Representative Character Designs
Heya,
I am currently trying to gather a comprehensible list of character designs that are supposed to represent members of the LF2 community.

Here are all the ones I have a more or less clear image of:
  • Alectric
  • Angel Adam
  • Azriel
  • aPurpleCat (The Lost Global Mod)
  • Bamboori
  • BluePhoenix
  • DarkLord(XIII)
  • Dome
  • Felix
  • FreeRo(8rhyme)
  • Gadzik (Gad)
  • Guigs
  • Harlequin (Sheldee)
  • Hellzflame
  • GodHC (Havoc Creator)
  • Jackie(Rabbit5)
  • LeoX
  • Lighto
  • Luti
  • Marshall
  • Marti Wong
  • Matt(4300)
  • Nelson
  • Nieo
  • Onikage
  • Philip (Bla bla bla 44)
  • Phoenixfire
  • various Polish Players (by Gad, not sure which exactly are representative)
  • QQQ
  • Reaper
  • RtXaS
  • Scorpion
  • Silva
  • Sinow
  • SirFrog
  • SomeoneElse
  • Taniaetc
  • Tanooki (Yakui)
  • TheA1mweb
  • YinYin
  • Zhyhm

I'd like you to add anything I have missed, preferably with some image in case I haven't heard of it before (can be your own representation).
The characters don't have to exist in a playable format yet, I just want to gather designs in one place.

Also feel free to comment on the representative designs I have listed.
Which ones do you like best?
Which do you think are rather bad or boring?
How many of them haven't you heard of before?
Thanks given by:
The name should have raised some warning flags.... but GodHC is absolutely horrible as a representative character; A painfully obvious power fantasy not in the least bit reined in by any semblance of reason.

[Image: CC6oX2x.png]
also, wouldn't this constitute as Raven's rep as imagined by onikage?
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by: onikage
if you could post an image next to each name or maybe add a link that would sound great, id help you gather the sprites but am afraid i don't know anyone on that list (well maybe except you) also why isn't siegvar on the list? or i guess he has no sprite to represent him?

if i had know this "representing" stuff existed i would have made a better sprite to represent me other than this one
[Image: kUsVw3t.png]
it was just a first time try at making a lf2-like sprite/character, guess am stuck with it now heh

like i said yinyin add some images if you can, (forget it if you don't feel like it) (;
[Image: B5PGcCR.png]
[Image: knTTal3.gif]
| SPRITES | BLAZE |

Thanks given by:
NP- never played
NH- never hear (or remember :p)
  • Angel Adam
  • Azriel NP
  • Bamboori NP
  • BluePhoenix NP
  • DarkLord(XIII)
  • Felix
  • FreeRo(8rhyme)
  • Gadzik (Gad) NP
  • Harlequin (Sheldee) NP
  • GodHC (Havoc Creator)
  • Jackie(Rabbit5) NP
  • LeoX
  • Lighto NH
  • Marshall
  • Marti Wong NP
  • Matt(4300) NP
  • Nelson NH
  • Nieo NH
  • Onikage NH
  • Phoenixfire
  • various Polish Players (by Gad, not sure which exactly are representative) NH
  • Silva NP
  • SomeoneElse NP
  • Tanooki (Yakui) NP
  • TheA1mweb NH
  • QQQ NP
  • YinYin NP

I hope i havent done mistakes :p

Well maybe i like dark lord, mostly...also angel adam has a good sprites.
Thanks given by: YinYin
(12-07-2013, 02:22 AM)Siegvar Wrote:  The name should have raised some warning flags.... but GodHC is absolutely horrible as a representative character; A painfully obvious power fantasy not in the least bit reined in by any semblance of reason.
I knew I could lure you. I agree the character may be horrible, but I don't see why it should be too hard to turn the design into something nice.
(12-07-2013, 11:56 AM)onikage Wrote:  why isn't siegvar on the list? or i guess he has no sprite to represent him?
i would have made a better sprite to represent me other than this one
it was just a first time try at making a lf2-like sprite/character, guess am stuck with it now heh
I'm not denying you any right to redesign what you consider to be your avatar. Changing too often will however somewhat undermine the integrity of your representation. I totally like your character design, be happy you aren't currently stuck with something like GodHC - Siegvar used the nick Havoc_Creator for a long time.

(12-07-2013, 11:56 AM)onikage Wrote:  like i said yinyin add some images if you can, (forget it if you don't feel like it)
I don't feel like it. I may add links to the respective member profiles or the first playable version though.

I'm partly interested in how spread some of those representative designs are, just by their name. So posting all as images would somewhat defeat that point. (you'd have an image before you can try to see if you already know or remember it) We can still post pictures and discuss the ones that interest us within the thread.

(12-07-2013, 12:41 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  NP- never played
NH- never hear (or remember :p)
Great notation. If you like to inform yourself on some of them I can help you. You've definitely missed a few good things.

I'll skip the obvious ones you've heard of and the ones you can easily get on the file planet or my site:
(12-07-2013, 12:41 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  Well maybe i like dark lord, mostly...also angel adam has a good sprites.
You seem to like green energy and quite a lot of power? Those two character designs don't really stand out to me. Although Angel Adam has a great colour scheme with the green cloth, brown leather boots/gloves and grey cape. His specials seem too generic to me though (but that could be fixed with custom sprites and animations).

edit: I am adding in more as they pop up in my head. Quite a few anthro designs already.
Thanks given by:
These are the ones I've never seen:
  • BluePhoenix
  • Nieo
  • Sinow
  • Tanooki (Yakui)
  • TheA1mweb

Which ones of them I like?
Felix, Harlequin, Lighto, Silva

Which ones are bad?
DarkLord, GodHC, LeoX, PhoenixFire, QQQ

Why I like/do not like them?
To be honest, I don't care they actually represents someone. How can I judge a design, if I don't know anything about you. As name says, "representative" character should represents real You, or maybe better, have something in common with your appearance/character/interests.
So it's not my business, why do you want to be a floating, blinking black and white template-like creature, or just badly recolored Henry. I'll judge your character, based on the same rules like the "normal ones".

Thanks given by: YinYin
I have never seen the representatives of Sinow and YinYin. Anybody got a link or a picture?
Edit: Okay, nevermind. I thought these were all playable. I have seen the sprites.
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2013, 02:45 PM)The Hari Wrote:  These are the ones I've never seen:
  • BluePhoenix - Gad did a full sheet of a guy in a suit that's supposed to be him - it's in his legacy pack (can't say I think it fits, but it might stick)
  • Nieo - file planet
  • Sinow - Bandit head on a Firzen body, white clothes with a red rising sun on the bandana (pretty cool really)
  • Tanooki (Yakui) - a raccoon wearing blue shorts
  • TheA1mweb - Sorcerer head on Firen body, brown/black, radioactive energy signature ('mutant')
(12-07-2013, 02:45 PM)The Hari Wrote:  Which ones of them I like?
Which ones are bad?
Reasonable choices.
(12-07-2013, 02:45 PM)The Hari Wrote:  To be honest, I don't care they actually represents someone. How can I judge a design, if I don't know anything about you. As name says, "representative" character should represents real You, or maybe better, have something in common with your appearance/character/interests. I'll judge your character, based on the same rules like the "normal ones".
That's close to how I see it. With a little added twist:
If you've been around people online with little visual information and just their words to manifest and recognize them for years - you will eventually get an idea of what they should look like if they were in the game. A bit like this: http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread...#pid115557
Thanks given by: The Hari
I still don't understand this thread. Are they characters that are supposed to represent members of the LFE whether they are accurate or not or are they just supposed to illustrate the identification of someone (by someone) in this forum?
[Image: 9iIBpSl.gif]
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2013, 05:14 PM)Raven Wrote:  I still don't understand this thread. Are they characters that are supposed to represent members of the LFE whether they are accurate or not or are they just supposed to illustrate the identification of someone (by someone) in this forum?

It's a list of LF2 community members that have a recurring avatar that can work as a character design in game. (not just LFE)
Preferably something the respective member approves of or better yet has designed in the first place. Also member and character design need to have a strong connection. Means at least the name should match. (You can find a lot of 'representative' characters on LFE that don't share the name of their creator. That doesn't really work.)

Visual accuracy is totally not required. On the internet nobody knows you're a dog.
Identification is more important. Be it the design that most people would identify to be a certain member or better: the design that the member can identify best with. If it's self designed/chosen that usually correlates pretty well.
Thanks given by: