Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LFE v10
[Image: lfe-v10-banner.png]

It has been done! Most work on the mainsite has been finished and I'm proud to announce that LFE v10 now goes live!

This update was mainly for security-reasons but while being at it, I added a whole new design (porting the old one just wasn't feasible anyways). A forum-update will follow as well; however, no precise date has been scheduled yet.

Either way, we're now entering the stage of tracking and fixing bugs. When you see one, you'll shit bricks please report it here so it can be squished. Ruthlessly. Mercilessly. Apocalyptically.

All for now, yo :p
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
I like it a lot.
Thanks given by:
Wow that was cool! I really like the black theme.

Things it lacks (till now) :
The search field at the left top is missing. You may have given it somewhere else but left top or right top is the best place for the search field.

Things you may have forgotten :
Update the start page with winners of contest #20
And
Details about the contest #21 taking place at the moment.

EDIT:
Changing avatar is enabled again. Remove the strike from "Change avatar" in CP.

BTW I changed my one already.
Thanks given by:
for the forum:
when clicking on the DC button when posting a reply in the forum it does [PHP] instead of [code=DC]

and for the mainsite its awesome ^_^ i saw it first when i was on the DC tutorials part, i like it
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by: YinYin
(06-15-2013, 03:36 PM)davis60 Wrote:  The search field at the left top is missing. You may have given it somewhere else but left top or right top is the best place for the search field.
I've pondered about adding or leaving it out. I don't know but does anybody really use the search-function? Because I don't...

(06-15-2013, 03:36 PM)davis60 Wrote:  Things you may have forgotten :
Update the start page with winners of contest #20
And
Details about the contest #21 taking place at the moment.
I definitely did forget it :p
Thanks for the reminder! :)

(06-15-2013, 03:36 PM)davis60 Wrote:  Changing avatar is enabled again. Remove the strike from "Change avatar" in CP.
That is because I didn't re-enable the write-lock again. In fact, I'm just trying it out now. Cannot guarantee if it'll stay that way, though.

(06-15-2013, 04:09 PM)DesignHeaven Wrote:  for the forum:
when clicking on the DC button when posting a reply in the forum it does [PHP] instead of [code=DC]
Fixed :)
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: Ariel
(06-15-2013, 06:27 PM)Blue Phoenix Wrote:  I've pondered about adding or leaving it out. I don't know but does anybody really use the search-function? Because I don't...
No, but that is only because I know where everything is (and never really uses the mainsite anyway)
When I was new I never used it either, but that is only because I simply read EVERY SINGLE article about data changing, and thus didn't need to search for anything.

I would say that even though I wouldn't use it, I still think it should be there. Some people will find it useful. Even I use it from time to time.
Age ratings for movies and games (and similar) have never been a good idea.
One can learn a lot from reinventing wheels.
An unsound argument is not the same as an invalid one.
volatile in C++ does not mean thread-safe.
Do not make APIs unnecessarily asynchronous.
Make C++ operator > again
Trump is an idiot.
Thanks given by: YinYin
THat's just mind-s*itting.
lernvid.com did a nice job on the theme. The jQuery dropdowns are amazing!
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by:
left and right scrolling doesn't work.
Like when i try to access it on a smaller screen such as my phone or when the window's browser is at a different scale it won't let me see whats hidden.

[Image: csS9dzY.png] missing horizontal scrolling

[Image: uRPveSr.png] both horizontal and vertical scrolling
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
The mainsite has a nice pleasant ambience to it, just like the forums. Did a better job on themes that LFE v9.
@LutiChris
That's because the design suspectedly is responsive to squeeze itself fit itself in smaller screens.
[Image: icyboards-ad-468x60.gif]
Thanks given by:
Holy Mother of Guacamole!
It's awesome.
[Image: icVLlMk.png]