Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism - ? I agree..
empirefantasy Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 12:43 PM)Lauli Wrote:  Would you elaborate a little more on your point on how atheism leads to "terror and war"?
Keep in mind that it's not the lack of belief in a deity that makes people do atrocious acts, but rather the lack of morale, compassion and knowledge.
well, Charles Darwin represented his theory of evolution which left out the existence of god. after that there has been created some groups (usually military) based on his theory. one of them was the communist party. after these groups urged the world wars then there started terror and dictatorship in communist countries.
Yeah atheism has been giving a hand to all these things happen.
The communist idea started with Karl Marx, who drew inspiration from Ludwig Feuerbach, not Darwin. His criticism on religion wasn't focusing on the existence of deity, but rather on the social influence religions have. For instance his most famous quote "Religion is the opiate of the masses." is clearly focusing on the social side of religions, not on the metaphysical side.
And despite communist countries being involved in the two World Wars, none of them actually was triggered by the communists. Sure, Stalin is probably on the same level as Hitler, but that doesn't justify demonizing Atheism. That's like saying Christianity is bad, because Hitler believed in God.

Like you said, Atheism has been giving hand to these "things" happening, but so did lack of morale, compassion and education. In fact, the latter was the key factor in EVERY bad thing, while Atheism or Theism could only be found in some cases. So, I'm just taking the wild assumption here and say: Making any sort of religious ideology responsible for inhumane acts is not justified in any way.

I usually try to avoid such big paragraphs in discussions, I hope you don't mind reading so much.
By the way, I miss A-Man here :(
Thanks given by: Apocalipsis , Jed37
(07-20-2012, 12:25 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  you said that not every communist country is atheist? tell me some of these countries.

Communism was and is openly against religion. You could forfeit an option to study at university if you attended churches at weekly basis during communist times here and you could have trouble even when a family member of yours was into religion. Have you considered this little neglectable fact?
Thanks given by:
@Lauli: I liked that video! Exactly the way I was thinking, except smarter.
@qwertz: What I was trying to say is the second one, which is 'we need no God to be good' :P
Quote:Do we have to have something to fear (like God) to stop doing evil? No for good atheists . (with bad atheists, I will refer to people with bad behaviors etc, so with good atheists, I mean otherwise)
was what I wrote, and also earlier I want to point out that moral education does not necessarily be done via one of the so many religions.

I am extremely bad in history and politics D: so I think it'd be better if I don't say too much about communism. What is it exactly again? Hahaha... I already forgot most of the things I remembered only to pass the exams, and all social sciences fall into that group for me. But ya they never say atheism anywhere in history lessons, so I'm quite sure atheism has nothing important to do with
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
(07-22-2012, 07:41 PM)dixon Wrote:  
(07-20-2012, 12:25 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  you said that not every communist country is atheist? tell me some of these countries.
Communism was and is openly against religion. You could forfeit an option to study at university if you attended churches at weekly basis during communist times here and you could have trouble even when a family member of yours was into religion. Have you considered this little neglectable fact?
[Image: b*tch-please.jpg?v0] my parents has been living in communism in their biggest part of their life. that means i know a lot about my country before 1990.anyways the question was given to the hari:
the hari Wrote:moreover not every communist country is athesitc at once.
or i misunderstood the question?

(07-23-2012, 04:14 AM)Kevin Wrote:  @qwertz: What I was trying to say is the second one, which is 'we need no God to be good' :P

But ya they never say atheism anywhere in history lessons, so I'm quite sure atheism has nothing important to do with

for a people like you kevin yea you dont need god to be good, but the are other people who are evil and only the idea of somebody who is watching them may stop them.

it's obvious the history book in school will not mention things about bad/good things that has been doing atheism/religions,at least not in a direct way because it would cause debates between students.

@Lauli
well what i wanted to say about Darwin was that his theory of evolution is the undoubt thing that has been happening.this is what communism books learn to you.
yes it's true that communists diddnt triggered the war. it was hitler who has been pagan. i have never hear that he has been believing in a god. this fact can be noticed from pagan ceremonies.
Thanks given by:
uhm, you could check this long ago without my reply. i'm not profesor of history and i'm totally not interested this topic. i don't have own historical sources, so you should better just read something in wikipedia - like me. Communism and State Atheism
as you can see not every communism country propagate atheism.

Thanks given by: qwertz143
empirefantasy Wrote:@lauli
well what i wanted to say about Darwin was that his theory of evolution is the undoubt thing that has been happening.this is what communism books learn to you.
Well that's confusing, because earlier you argued that military groups were founded based on the theory of evolution.
There's a difference between simply teaching the theory of evolution and building your whole ideology on it.

empirefantasy Wrote:yes it's true that communists diddnt triggered the war. it was hitler who has been pagan. i have never hear that he has been believing in a god. this fact can be noticed from pagan ceremonies.
You can read a little about his religious views here: Here.

Again, I'm stressing my point once more, as you never seem to comment on it: Making any sort of religious ideology responsible for inhumane acts is not justified in any way. Do you agree with that?

Also, I find it funny that I'm defending atheism, while not even being an atheist myself.
Thanks given by: qwertz143
Quote:for a people like you kevin yea you dont need god to be good, but the are other people who are evil and only the idea of somebody who is watching them may stop them.

it's obvious the history book in school will not mention things about bad/good things that has been doing atheism/religions,at least not in a direct way because it would cause debates between students.

So this is where we disagree :P . I believe 'the idea of somebody who is watching them' is not necessary to make people behave well. What's needed is moral education and good environment & parents care in the early ages, which I believe is the major factors.

No, in my class there were debates between students and teachers (especially those who study history well, hahaha). I learned about how Hindu/Buddha brings castes and all the negative effects too, you see :p . But I don't know a lot, I'm just afraid I will make mistakes if I talk about history :p so I will just read from others if it comes to it.

Just quoting Lauli again
Quote:Again, I'm stressing my point once more, as you never seem to comment on it: Making any sort of religious ideology responsible for inhumane acts is not justified in any way. Do you agree with that?

And btw I'm done with this thread (I've got what I wanted, actually), but the discussion can go on of course :D
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
(07-23-2012, 02:01 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  my parents has been living in communism in their biggest part of their life. that means i know a lot about my country before 1990.anyways the question was given to the hari:
the hari Wrote:moreover not every communist country is athesitc at once.
or i misunderstood the question?

But that doesn't mean that a country is atheistic if the way that country is being handled is anti-religious. People didn't change their points of view just because some self-proclaimed leaders didn't like a certain view. People just kept their belief to themselves, or hell, even attended religious junk 'illegally', ignoring possible consequences.

Thanks given by: