Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism - ? I agree..
(07-15-2012, 08:35 PM)dixon Wrote:  
(07-15-2012, 06:23 PM)A-MAN Wrote:  Who said that suicidal bombing are accepted??. Ur problem is that u always relate these people to us muslim. When a muslim does that, it doesn't mean that every muslim is like that. Its just when a muslim does that it's like nothing compared when non-muslims do that. Seriously, u wanna tell that this has never been don't by a non-muslim?

That was sarcasm. I'm not too sure you realised this, considering your almost fanatical seriousness. In any case, I'd bet any of those explo-laddies thought the same when pulling the trigger, that they are doing the right and good thing. It's all a matter of point of view and I think many accomodate this fact how they find it most beneficial. Nobody will ever persuade me that the very reason why religion exists is not the control over masses.
Eh sorry, kinda late but,
i was kind of busy, and I was just checking some books which I had(Misquoting Jesus? not sure :P) and in one of them(it had some relation to this), they had a varied biography of Jesus, and it casts doubt on the story (when checked from the bible) that Joseph was
a carpenter at all. The Greek word tekton does indeed mean carpenter, but it was
translated from the Aramaic word naggar, which could mean craftsman or learned
man
. This is one of several constructive mistranslations that bedevil the Bible, the
most famous being the mistranslation of the hebrew for young woman
(almah)
into the Greek for virgin (parthenos). An easy mistake to make (think of
the English words 'maid' and 'maiden' to see how it might have happened), this
one translator's slip was to be wildly inflated and give rise to the whole preposterous
legend of Jesus' mother being a virgin! The only competitor for the title of
champion constructive mistranslation of all time also concerns virgins.
so similar to this paragraph i read that in the famous promise of seventy-two virgins to every
Muslim martyr (in the quran i think,tell me if im wrong :P), 'virgins' is actually a mistranslation of 'white raisins of crystal clarity'. (in arabic i think, atleast thats what the book said :P)
Xd so now, if only that had been more widely known, how many innocent victims of suicide
missions might have been saved, cuz actually no one wants em raisins xD
[Image: Blaze340.gif]
Thanks given by:
So you atheists, what do you think who created all this (existence)?

Probability you may wanted to live in a communist country, so you would be free from believing anything. But be careful that atheism consequences are terrible. You can see peace and joy in a religious country, like western countries has been for many years. And in the other side you can see the dictatorship and terror in atheist countries like communist countries.
Thanks given by:
someone have to be idiot if would like to live in communist country and you don't have to live there, you can be atheist everywhere, lol. so what? peace in religious countries? for example arabic countries, where everybody are strong believers in islam and where almost all the time leads a wars. terror and dictatorship in communist countries is not due by atheism. this not athesim change structure of country to communist regime, but communists impositons atheism, cause religion unites peoples in some way. moreover not every communist country is athesitc at once. so you threaten "terrible consenquences" to people who are coerced to be atheists? you can't divide peoples, just because they live in such country.

Thanks given by:
If God do exist, WHY, WHY and WHY do he created this world? For what purpose do He put many living things suffer from many kinds of bad situations?

Of course, I myself truly thank God, if He exists, that I exists here and I can enjoy my life. However more people are suffering in their lives compared to the number of people who live a good life. But somehow I don't feel very good with it. An average farmer family in my country gets around 3,000 rupiahs per month. When you realize 1 USD is around 10,000 rupiahs, you should know how terrible their lives are. The purpose of this world is surely not to let us enjoy our lives, because if so, the almighty One will never created the countless kinds of viruses, diseases, which are things that can kill living organisms slowly and painfully.

If He want to test us so that he can throw us to hell or to heaven, what, why does a test has to be so unfair? A person being evil is not because he is evil, but mostly because he is not properly educated. So if there's something being tested in this world, it's more of how you were educated, not how good you are throughout your life. I believe if I grow in certain conditions I will become evil as well. Luckily I have been in a nice family and environment.

or any other logical reasoning that the very kind God created this world and include not only good but also bad or evil things?

And another thing - atheism is not communism ;D . And don't associate atheism with evil people, because they are simply not connected. I'm atheist but I don't only think about myself, probably because 'care and love' is part of human's characteristics. Since I don't believe anymore of God, actually if you think logically, I have nothing to fear from doing evil? But I won't do that, even if no one would know. So of course, moral education is very important, but doesn't have to necessarily be done religiously.

Do we have to have something to fear (like God) to stop doing evil? No for good atheists :) . (with bad atheists, I will refer to people with bad behaviors etc, so with good atheists, I mean otherwise)
TEMPE
Thanks given by:
Here's a nice thought experiment about the creator, Kevin.

Playing God: The Loving PsychopathAnd no, I don't mean that Kevin is the creator, haha. I was particularly referring to Kevin with that video.
Thanks given by: Kevin
(07-19-2012, 11:19 AM)The Hari Wrote:  someone have to be idiot if would like to live in communist country and you don't have to live there, you can be atheist everywhere, lol. so what? peace in religious countries? for example arabic countries, where everybody are strong believers in islam and where almost all the time leads a wars. terror and dictatorship in communist countries is not due by atheism. this not athesim change structure of country to communist regime, but communists impositons atheism, cause religion unites peoples in some way. moreover not every communist country is athesitc at once. so you threaten "terrible consenquences" to people who are coerced to be atheists? you can't divide peoples, just because they live in such country.

terrorists in arabic countries are not real believers. they may lay other or even themselves about being believers, but in fact they aren't because it is not allowed to hurt other people. they are very sinful people because they do crimes even they religion says that they mustn't do and still they try to look that they are believers.
you said that not every communist country is atheist? tell me some of these countries.

religion stops people doing bad things, while atheism allow them to do everything they want. this cause terror and war.sure that people like kevin are good, but some other are evil and they can do evil things.
Thanks given by: A-Man
empirefantasy Wrote:religion stops people doing bad things, while atheism allow them to do everything they want. this cause terror and war.
Would you elaborate a little more on your point on how atheism leads to "terror and war"?
Keep in mind that it's not the lack of belief in a deity that makes people do atrocious acts, but rather the lack of morale, compassion and knowledge.
Thanks given by: mfc
(07-20-2012, 12:25 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  terrorists in arabic countries are not real believers. they may lay other or even themselves about being believers, but in fact they aren't because it is not allowed to hurt other people. they are very sinful people because they do crimes even they religion says that they mustn't do and still they try to look that they are believers.
you said that not every communist country is atheist? tell me some of these countries.

religion stops people doing bad things, while atheism allow them to do everything they want. this cause terror and war.sure that people like kevin are good, but some other are evil and they can do evil things.

First of all, I would like to point out that most "Muslim" countries rank very lowly on the democratic scale. Source: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co..._green.png

Second of all, regardless of if these terrorists are "true believers" is irrelevant. In their minds they are a true believer and you aren't a true believer. Humans are interpreting religion, how can you know what the correct interpretation is and what isn't?

Thirdly, ever learn about the Crusades? They killed in the name of religion and spreading it. That's probably the very reason many older religions died out and why Christianity is the dominate religion. If that didn't happen I'd bet there'd be me many more religions around today since every religion is basically equally valid.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by:
Kevin Wrote:Do we have to have something to fear (like God) to stop doing evil?
This question is like believing that without a God, without fear, evil will occur in this world.
It's like asking, If there is no God, Why be good?
similar to saying If there's no God, we'll all do evil stuff, and commit crimes...
Posed like that, that question sounds positively ignoble.

So, do you really mean to tell me the only reason you try to be good is to
gain god's approval and reward, or to avoid his disapproval and
punishment? that's not morality, that's just sucking up, applepolishing, looking over your shoulder at the great surveillance
camera in the sky, or the still small wiretap inside your head,
monitoring your every move, even your every base thought.
Albert Einstien Wrote:If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed
well, this is a debate stopper,
see if you agree that, in the absence of god, you would commit
robbery, rape, and murder, you reveal yourself as an immoral
person, on the other hand, you admit that you would continue to be a good person even when not under divine surveillance,
you have fatally undermined your claim that god is necessary for
us to be good. I suspect that quite a lot of religious people do think
religion is what motivates them to be good, especially if they belong
to one of those faiths that systematically exploits personal guilt and stuff
It seems stupid to think that, should belief in god suddenly vanish from the world, we would all
become callous and selfish lazy bums, with no kindness, no charity,
no generosity, and nothing that would deserve the name of goodness.
If one realized the two richest men in the world, Bill Gates and Warren Buffet, both are atheist but still they both donate 90% of their profit to charity
no belief in god
because humans are actually kind hearted people
as I mentioned in previous posts religion is the sole cause of war.
I'm sorry for bantering and somewhat beating around the bush, but I'm trying my best to prove my point
thank you if you read this fully :|
[Image: Blaze340.gif]
Thanks given by:
(07-20-2012, 12:43 PM)Lauli Wrote:  Would you elaborate a little more on your point on how atheism leads to "terror and war"?
Keep in mind that it's not the lack of belief in a deity that makes people do atrocious acts, but rather the lack of morale, compassion and knowledge.
well, Charles Darwin represented his theory of evolution which left out the existence of god. after that there has been created some groups (usually military) based on his theory. one of them was the communist party. after these groups urged the world wars then there started terror and dictatorship in communist countries.
Yeah atheism has been giving a hand to all these things happen.

(07-20-2012, 01:10 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  First of all, I would like to point out that most "Muslim" countries rank very lowly on the democratic scale. Source: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co..._green.png

Second of all, regardless of if these terrorists are "true believers" is irrelevant. In their minds they are a true believer and you aren't a true believer. Humans are interpreting religion, how can you know what the correct interpretation is and what isn't?

Thirdly, ever learn about the Crusades? They killed in the name of religion and spreading it. That's probably the very reason many older religions died out and why Christianity is the dominate religion. If that didn't happen I'd bet there'd be me many more religions around today since every religion is basically equally valid.

about the first. yea i am aware at this fact about i didnt knew that they had the lowest democratic. well i dont know they laws and their quran rules but as far as i know islamic rules are not that democratic.

II
yes humans interpret religion. they say not to to bad things.well god can forgive you if you are really sorry but there is a limit. its not like doing all the time bad things and then all the time praying to god to forgive you. i havent asked any of them what they believe but seems that they are wrong.

III
of course i know. i didnt know that they destroyed other religions, which were some of them? anyways too bad. Such kind of people will take a hard punishment by god, because they did wrong thing with using god's name!

i have read qwertz post but i will see later to reply anything from him.
Thanks given by: