Poll: U want Rep System Back?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
12.90%
4 12.90%
No
87.10%
27 87.10%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do u want Reputation System Back?
Hey guys I thought wut about getting that rep system back?
It was kinda good system to check that if this person who got xxx posts is really a "Experienced member" or something like that.
Vote up in the poll. ;)
~Sonic Boom
Thanks given by:
@ sonicboom: nobody cares about the stars or the normal titles. Many moderators have said that newcomers were negatively reputated (or how ever it should be written) for very ridiculous reasons. Also I have seen in many other forums how members were treated depending on their reputation. If this system is added anyway, I think it should be available only for moderators and members who were here from like 2008.
Regards..
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
It had many problems, and if it was enabled, it would eventually be disabled again. Not worth the trouble when the result will be the same.

=No.
Just waiting for the audio tags to become a thing
>My other musical "masterpieces"<
Thanks given by: Alblaka , Bamboori , Electric2Shock
We've already got the stars and the thanking system. We don't need another status symbol generator.
Henry David Thoreau Wrote:
Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine.
Thanks given by:
no, hell NO!
i hate the rep system,, idiots keep fighting and flaming because some one rated them negative or neutral. besides its never about a number showing under your ava its about what you do around here and how much useful you are. do that and people will know you and you wont need no rep system.

so yea.. no
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, there was something like this with a similar name around here a few years back.... oh wait, that's exactly the same thing! Kind of pushed it so far out of my head that I didn't really remember :p

Well, the point is that, assuming the rep-system is back in place, people will abuse it one way or the other. This time, I'm not even talking about the people who want to receive a reputation of X and do anything to maintain it, want super-high/low points, etc. That's a whole thing on its own which makes it obsolete.

Then, the way the reps are given. Before the forum rules revamp, there was one thing which disallowed "Reputation Spamming". Basically, reps along the lines of "+1: now giev back one point", "0: I have no idea what I'm doing", "-1: because today, I am in a bad mood", etc. That is generally not appreciated (well, the +1 are probably by the ones that get rated but the rest can probably agree).

Newcomers. Some are awesome, some still have quite a bit to learn. Either way, you have posted 1, maybe 2 or 3, post(s) and have already a rep of -4. "STOP GRAVEDIGGING!", "YUNO LRN 2 ENGLISH!", "You have offended my grandpa's socks with your behavior", blablablabla. Basically, from only a few words, one gets immediately stigmatized. And when everyone is against you, it becomes obvious that you're not going to last long (except if you are either persistent or plainly dumb).

Plainly disallowing negative reps would seem to solve that kind of issue but really, it does not. It's as if you're revolting against a dictator by kissing his boots. Or something similar. At least, it defeats the point of a reputation-system.

It's not a big deal for me to get the rep-system back up running (as in: less than 5 clicks) but how can we ensure that it gets used in a non-abusive way? I can't think of one and, looking at the poll's results and the previous posts, there are quite a few that share my point of view. Personally, I love features all over the place (as long as it's not failbook-related) but this is one of these things that is causing quite a bit of trouble...
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: prince_freeza , A-Man , Marko pro , LutiChris , Dr. Time
bp Wrote:but how can we ensure that it gets used in a non-abusive way?

how much was the maximum rep rating per day for each member?? was it 5 or so?? make it something like 1rep per week/month so no one uses it too much.

oh and bp you do know your wasting you time here rite?? rep system failed twice what makes u think its gonna work now? just leave the forum the way it is..
"I'm the president of the shadow government
The grand governor of the federal reserve
Public enemy of the society
The one you cannot see the thirty three degree"
Thanks given by: A-Man , Bamboori
if it gets replaced by the karma system, and if we ban everyone who abuses the rep system immediately then I agree, otherwise...
NO

edit: quote, my post to get an additional pun for your enjoyment, hint: it's hidden in the size haha
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by:
Sorry Guys but I was just asking...
I know those problems but I am kinda thinking of rep system made which is given only by mods and admins.
But yea it maybe abused so we can now close this thread here.
Once again sorry for this useless thread :(
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2012, 04:33 PM)Sonic Boom Wrote:  I am kinda thinking of rep system made which is given only by mods and admins.

elaborate and you might pass.
[sig placeholder until my new sig is finished]
should totally allow people to be all trolley on their birthday :D
Thanks given by: