Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Traveling back in time
Interesting, that means you can also add a neat effect to it, like a purple mist surrounding the enemy.

Also, I don't think all the attacks/stuff and all that would be really necessary, because, I mean, c'mon, when you play LF2, do you remember what happened 10 seconds ago?
(Though if you use it a strategic move, then that could obviously cause problems)

This would also work in case of opponents spawning, meaning if 10 seconds haven't passed yet the opponents disappear without a trace... Never to be seen again.
Maybe silva could help out? Or maybe it's possible to fix up some detectors...
What I mean: I/k8 that would detect wether there really are any copies of char X, implemented within char X, that would detect wether there are copies of char X, implemented to every frame.
In the event that no copies are detected (different chars will be stored at a different :y range, therefore no detection of other copies), a copy is created at the very edge of the screen, where it will 'respawn' in 5 seconds.

Also, I think it would be much simpler to make it the other way round, to make the ORIGINALS go to a frame which they freeze very high up with state 9997, and the copies will continue fighting.
Then we just delete everything that isn't very high up and the originals come back down!
That way we could even do so for human players, there will be no change of HP, though with the consequence of letting the CPU fight for you for a while. One realism problem though, the MP and HP keep regenerating ^_^
Check out my portfolio
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Traveling back in time - by Deus Ex Machina - 08-21-2008, 03:39 PM
RE: Traveling back in time - by Lauli - 08-21-2008, 04:40 PM
RE: Traveling back in time - by Sinow Rappy - 08-21-2008, 05:12 PM
RE: Traveling back in time - by Silverthorn - 08-21-2008, 05:20 PM
RE: Traveling back in time - by Deus Ex Machina - 08-22-2008, 04:47 AM
RE: Traveling back in time - by Lauli - 08-22-2008, 10:11 AM
RE: Traveling back in time - by Deus Ex Machina - 08-22-2008, 11:27 AM