Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[4 CHARs] The Ninja Tales (NO NARUTO!!!)
(02-04-2013, 11:07 PM)YinYin Wrote:  the disk shuriken made me win against Dokum easily
Quote:(and I saw him soloing a Davis with less then 70 hp lost)
that can't be very fair then?
I'm not sure how to fix this withotu changing the way Dokum works. He is a pretty much forward-closerange character, outclassed by ranged or smart enemies, but fatally effective in a 1on1 against dumb melee AI.
Dokum is the rock. A melee AI always uses scissors, doesn't mean rock is inbalanced.

Quote:Fusej was by far the easiest to use and win with and hardest to beat
I suppose this means I should consider nerfing him in some way. The issue is, he already has lower damage then any character... offset by large AoEs and lots of speed, though...
I don't want to take latter off him, because it would make him less uniue, but I don't really want to reduce the damage much further either.
Quote:There are Fire-proof states?
how else do you think firens fire run works? he can be hit but not burnt
Hmmmm... Point taken. Will definitely help reducing the suicidalness of slicing enemies up close.
Quote:
Quote:Of course, the AI will never stand still long enough for the heal to be useful past the initial frame...
unless you add that to your AI (the ego function should actually be sufficient for this even though it may leave the ally to flee sometimes when the basic AI doesn't execute it, but that doesn't happen too often)
Good idea, shouldn't be hard to have the ninjas detect the healing stars.
Quote:
Quote:Not sure about the crane-teleport-attack-slicyslicy. May needs a nerf to either damage or mp costs, though.
No, neither of these will do. The real problem is that it instantly gets to the opponents exact position and attacks at the same time. There needs to be at least a slight delay between appearing and attack to give the opponent a chance to react to fix this. If you just up the mp cost then this character simply gets a free hit every iteration his mp reaches that value and if you lower the damage it doesn't make the attack itself any fairer either. (I've noticed you have a lot of pretty neat looking moves that do little to no damage - I understand this when they are meant to take out crowds, but moves that could otherwise be useful and fair in 1on1 fights too really become way too useless compared to free basic attacks)
There IS a delay, included for exactly that reason. Any human player shouldnt have much issue simply standing around and hitting A as he disappears (given the teleport is DC-wise delayed by 3-4 ticks in first place (disappear cloak animation, teleport frame, dvx:120 frame...)) and interrupt the cast.
Actually I have the AI often do this to me whilst teleporting. Of course it'S not hard for a human to simple wait until the AI is doing 'something' so she cannot react in time.
Fusey is supposed to be a large-AoE character with a focus on midrange (projectile basic attack, mainly utilizes dash&run tactics, long range abilities, speed to kite enemies to his preferred range) and I wouldn't even say most of the abilities are useless in a 1on1 (D>J has a long range and is unblockable, DvJ is quick and gives you space to breath, D^J can lock an enemy down so you can pick up a drink, DvA duh, D^A great harassing)
I've tried to have all the characters balanced ~~ to every situation, but focussed on creating a 4man vs Stage team.
You got a ranged supporter with healing (and even reviving) abilities, a fire-user (must-have to control bandit crowds by means of chainburn), somebody with loads of AoE and a guy who will get himself into the fray and is able to survive more hits then the other 3 (effectively a LF2-styled tank).

And actually it's quite fun (to me at least), to run this 4man in a stage mode.
Though I often see myself forced to pick Kato or Suikan, the AI is far better in controlling the latter two o.o

Quote:
Quote:I suppose the >>JA is the strange key combination the AI occasionally performs, but I could never do. It's the original dash_attack of Dokum (punch to the face) and supposed to be fully replaced by the boulder dash (as it replaces the dash in first place).
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=804 or http://y2f.heliohost.org/index.php?curre...nputs.html
just add a copy of 213 to 90
Rather, I should relink 90 to 213. After all 213 is the start of my dash attack. Which is the source of my confusion as to why Dokum can even perform the regular 90er dash attack... apparently LF2 can detect the dash+A before even entering the dash frame (given 213 has different states and shouldn't be able to call dash attack at all).
Quote:becoming invulnerable seems to be broken to me
suggestion: instead of having just one object, create objects constantly (deleting themselves again) - that way you won't have the problem of one of them changing teams
or use another type that can be hit all the time (weapons) regardless of the team
Becoming invulnerable without the ability to do anything at all, merely wasting mana, doesn't really seem broken to me. It's a means to distract enemies so your team can take them down (see above, 4man).
I can't utilize multiple objects, as the shield is supposed to be destroyed after taking x hp of damage. Cannot control that without using a single object.
Using a T1 could work, but I assume the 'hit' frames and similar stuff doesn't work as smoothly as with T3's?Otherwise it would be a better solution, I suppose.
Quote:I've recently managed to manipulate hp and mp in pretty strange ways which makes this possible because these are tied to the object rather than the character
it has some drawbacks but it might suit your characters
No clue how I'm supposed to create or utilize such an effect ^^' Does it contain HEX?
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [4 CHARs] The Ninja Tales (NO NARUTO!!!) - by Alblaka - 02-05-2013, 12:23 AM