Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[CHAR] Jamel - John's little bro
ROMG!
That's surely one of the best comments i've ever got XD ^^ Thx

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  @Char Display

Since I'm at school at the moment, this post is subject to change. However, I would like to somewhat advise against your current way of "displaying" or posting up about your character, just on a couple of points (if that's ok with you, that is).

1. Please explain exactly how the character works. I don't believe it is necessary to include a "half-readme" as a teaser, or include a teaser in your post at all :D. Just put your readme on the introductory post. I'm pretty sure that it you would gain more downloads that way, because almost everybody on LFE is lazy :D, and they want to know exactly what (in terms of content and quality) they're about to load on their hard drives before actually doing it (especially since they have to do the additional work of copy+pasting the data lines onto 'data.txt' and what-not to start playing :D). I'm pretty sure that even you feel the same way about other released characters :D.
Honestly, if i see some good screens (and that's mostly the only thing you will see in the most char treads, next to a simple download link >.>) i will download the char ^^
But you could be right, i will put the complete Readme into the post... though this will take some mins, since it's written in txt-break format... which will mean it will look sucky on a HTML-Page XD...

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  2) Regarding to the logos...they're a bit too big and detailed to serve a logo :D. Now if you call them promotional posters, that's a different story :D. But for logo, the picture should be simpler, and include less... objects :D.
^^
I only use the word "logo" due to i don't know a better english word XD

And since "promortional poster" is to long i will continue using "logo" :P

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  Oh, and about the Character separation and parts. You do know that you can simply wrap all the files up into one archive, and then choose the 'split' option on WINRAR to separate it into smaller files automatically :D.

Nope, i hadn't know XD
But i generally don't use Winrar, but Winzip and THAT doesn't have that option i guess...

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  Jamel Test:

First off, I would like to say that I'm probably one of the only persons who actually tested this character really thoroughly, and the more I play with him, the more impressed I am! This is by far your greatest work yet! Best creativity I've ever seen (man, I've gotta take a peek at that DC coding)! Even I can't think of something like this (and I'm pretty damn big dreamer :D)! *Whew* You deserve a big @$$-pat on the back!
A big @$$-thx :P
(ROFL NOW i got, what @$$ should mean XD hadn't made it out while reading your post)

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  Good Stuff I Noted:

1) The entire concept of elemental summoning and what-not (it's like a fuse of Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic the Gathering, and Little Fighter 2 :D)
I intended to make a fusion of Nemesis, Nohan and a couple of DC ideas, but your fuse-ideas sound nice too XD

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  2) The huge @$$-variety of moves!
And don't forget, it can still get more XD
(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  3) The huge @$$-amount of advanced DC.
I used advanced DC? :?:
Sure, it's not basic DC, but also surely not advanced... things like Pet method or great catchcombos are advanced DC XD
(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  4) Your effort. Despite all the other comments, I know it was hella hard coding all of this, and implementing this seeming pipe dream into an actual character!
Thx again ^^ But honestly this char was way less work then guys like Cleric or so... Maybe the spell system looks compley and time consuming, but it's about 60% copy&paste&change_numbers

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  Note that this is the 4th creation I've tested of yours :D, so I can actually physically see your improvement :D.
^^

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  Ok, now to move onto the only few criticisms I can find.....

1) Confusing Readme: It's a lot better if you post all the detailed, story-related instructions/description in your introductory post (as I've said above) :D. The readme is for instructions, disclaimer, and contact info only. Include only the practical information (aka just simple knowledge on how to use the character, and leave all the other stuff out), especiallyfor an advanced/complicated character like Jamel :D. This criticism is not really about the character, but how you present it, so please don't take this as an insult :D.
Sry, i have to disagree here...
I won't only release this char (same with my other creations) here. Also, may people will download them directly from LFE-Fileplanet WITHOUT seeing this post...

So i see a strong need to put ALL information into the Readme, too ^^

@simple knowledge thingy:
K, sometimes i put in some personal oppinion, but i think, that makes such long texts as my Readme's WAY better readable then only a long row of dusty words...

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  2) Elemental Bugs/Glitches: I know that this is may be known bug/glitch, and that probably there is no possible DC solution to solve it, but the part where all the elementals simply *disappear*, or gets used, and nothing comes out (because not the full amount is consumed, even though they are all present) is extremely annoying, and can really take away the game experience (possibly even under-powering the character :D). Basically, all that happens is that Jamel wastes a ton of mana creating the elementals, and nothing happens :D. You should try your best to fix the bug, even though it may not even be possible to fix it :D.
As mentioned in the Readme this is a WANTED effect...
You maybe noticed, some of the spells are devasting (ever combined a Frostball with an Inferno? a 100% sure hit with over 250 dmg to AT LEAST one enemy for a total mp cost of about 400...), so the system has to be difficult to handle...
And the wasting of "to less elementals" is on the one hand realistic, on the other one challenging ^^

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  Overall, if I were a teacher :D, I'd give you 98%. :D Damn good work!
At everyone else. If you are going to download a character created by Alblaka, you MUST download Jamel first and foremost period. End of discussion.
98%? Wow, thx ^^
I wish there would be a subject LF-Modding on school XD

(06-02-2009, 11:32 PM)1477 Wrote:  I'll go do my homework now.....
~Solomon Leung

Awww, good luck ^^
My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
[CHAR] Jamel - John's little bro - by Alblaka - 06-02-2009, 06:19 PM
RE: [CHAR] Jamel - John's little bro - by Alblaka - 06-02-2009, 06:44 PM
RE: [CHAR] Jamel - John's little bro - by Ascor - 06-02-2009, 07:33 PM
RE: [CHAR] Jamel - John's little bro - by Alblaka - 06-02-2009, 08:17 PM
RE: [CHAR] Jamel - John's little bro - by Alblaka - 06-02-2009, 08:24 PM
RE: [CHAR] Jamel - John's little bro - by Alblaka - 06-02-2009, 08:39 PM
RE: [CHAR] Jamel - John's little bro - by 1477 - 06-02-2009, 11:32 PM
RE: [CHAR] Jamel - John's little bro - by Alblaka - 06-03-2009, 02:30 PM