Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Save States A Thing?
Turns out it's possible to create save states by running the game on Windows through virtual machine. Although it's rather sluggish, as the state loads the whole... state of the whole system, it's workable nontheless.

Another way to do it - which is much more copmlex: Making sure the needed value to stay the same to make sure RNG doesn't change (RNG as of dropped items and spawn locations), then giving commands in advance until you reach a certein frame where you need to give it a new command. This is actually what I originally thought he did, as I didn't know it's possible to create save states on VM.

Reading his messages again, I realize he probably meant that, though he called it "stopping the game" (he might've meant to say "pausing" the game).

Playthroughs such as that don't have place in human competitions, it belongs to the realm of tool-assisted. This is kind of the the point of no return. Yes, it's easy to determine whether someone plays on normal speed, low speed (with and without key ignore due to lag) or in this case - using save states, but I'm afraid of the day a tool-assisted run will pas under the radar or even worse, we might accuse a legit play for cheating just because someone practiced enough*.

* There no doubt the replay in question was not a "legit" play, as the guy pretty much sucked when playing in real time.
[Image: random-34749.png]
Thanks given by: STM1993

Messages In This Thread
Are Save States A Thing? - by Shtrudel - 10-12-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Are Save States A Thing? - by Ramond - 10-12-2018, 04:31 PM
RE: Are Save States A Thing? - by STM1993 - 10-13-2018, 12:02 AM
RE: Are Save States A Thing? - by Shtrudel - 10-15-2018, 01:39 AM