Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LF2 Sprite Sheet Generator [based on Gad's method]
(09-17-2018, 10:24 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  Because we don't ALL have the time or an existing project that needs custom sprites(and even then drawing the body parts to piece them together is time-consuming) to really fully test this and most of the activity nowadays is in the Discord, and I did share it there to get the people who might have those to try it.
Thanks for sharing it. Maybe I'm overreacting but it's mostly because I don't have much intention to keep developing this unless people are interested in it so that's why I said that.

(09-17-2018, 10:24 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  1) You have all those features, but you don't allow people to drag images around or(nvm, found out its right click) their frame camera view around(only zoom in/out). Am I missing something in the controls? Because that's a very huge turnoff.
I don't see what you're getting at by "all those features" but this is more of a working prototype than anything production ready. You can drag view with middle mouse button (the mouse wheel) which I have already written in the first post. Then of course, if you're a trackpad user this is actually an issue.

(09-17-2018, 10:24 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  2) You can't directly type the position coordinates from scratch, you have to edit the existing numbers the program listed for you.
That's a totally useless thing to implement, for now at least.

(09-17-2018, 10:24 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  The fullstop key turns into a degree sign apparently.
I don't even know what you're talking about here.

(09-17-2018, 10:24 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  I also notice you have to mouse over to the right side of the screen first or the text you're trying to type/select would be rendered null; not necessarily a bad thing.
I don't like the situation either but this is more to do with technical stuff I couldn't come up with a better solution for. Basically, shortcuts and text input interfere with each other so I separated them with 'focus follows mouse' method.

(09-17-2018, 10:24 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  3) Noticed that deleting the resource doesn't also delete the object, but doesn't seem to have the ability to edit the now image-less object. There's also no ability to use the "delete" key on your keyboard as a shortcut.
This is by design. Templates are not strongly tied to sprites (i.e. they are weak references). Makes things more modular & reusable. Oh and delete key shortcut is a trivial thing I forgot to add.

(09-17-2018, 10:24 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  4) Apparently there's bring to front and send to back, but there's no intermediate option?
I don't think there is much need for that since you can reorder them as groups.

(09-17-2018, 10:24 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  6) Apparently I can't save, but I couldn't replicate this error after I closed and tried again:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/3...nknown.png
EDIT: found out its due to STM_pic.png, which is the pic with a blue background. Can't be an issue with bmp/png or filename or folder location. Has to be something else. Its a 23kb png with 458x148 dimensions, and I've added far larger images that also stretch outside the template area with no issues.
I'm having one of those "how is this even possible" programmer moments right here. I can look into it if you hand over your STM_pic.png

(09-18-2018, 07:41 AM)Azriel Wrote:  How I see your sprite sheet generator (I'm on Linux, so can't test it out yet) is, it is building up the positions of where the sprite parts should go. Are you storing the sprite sheet template in a format that's easy for other apps to parse (e.g. json, yaml, toml) so that, e.g. after defining the template, people can make their own sprite parts and run a command line tool to generate the final sprite sheet?
Template are saved in simple xml format so I think it shouldn't be so hard to scratch a cross platform .Net Core program. Then again I don't think that's a worthy effort since it supposed to be a visual design tool. If you wanna fully port it more power to you: https://github.com/ahmetsait/LF2-Sprite-Sheet-Generator
Ultimately, my constant dissatisfaction with the way things are becomes the driving force behind everything I do.
[Image: sigline.png]
LF2 IDE - Advanced visual data changer featuring instant data loader
LF2 Sprite Sheet Generator - Template based sprite sheet generator based on Gad's method
[Image: sigline.png]
There is no perfect language, but C++ is the worst.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: LF2 Sprite Sheet Generator [based on Gad's method] - by NightmareX1337 - 09-18-2018, 02:10 PM