Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Originals - new moves
Here we can brainstorm on ideas for the original characters, so we don't have to do this in the conversation room anymore.
Lets keep "originals evolution" for sprite concepts related to the original characters.

When an idea is approved (either by clicking "thanks" for a certain idea, or a clearly positive response), one spriter mentions that he wants to make it and he makes a topic for that character ([char] name).

Please get the ideas coming!

My ideas:
- Mark attack. Grab opponent from the ground then smash him against the ground again.
- John attack. Cast a spell that stays with the opponent and hurts him now and then (like this +- 17:30). I have to see if we can do this data-wise.
- Woody attack. He takes on a defensive pose and when the opponent attacks him head-on, he counters with a quick punch
that catches the opponent in the dance of pain (example)
- Davis attack. He jumps up and shoots an energy blast to the ground, that causes a small explosion. Can be used in a combo with dragon punch also
- Dennis/Davis attack. He rushes fordward with an elbow and kicks/punches the opponent into the air.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by: Ariel , Marko
Hennry attack: Hungering arrow, an arrow that chase opponent. it have 3 forms, each time the arrow hit an enemy another arrow (but weaker) will get out of the arrow before. (maximum of 3 times[?])

Bat attack: Life steal, some projectile (energy or bat[animal] or anything dunno yet) that after it hits the opponent it will release some kind of blood (will look like liquid fly) the blood will return to bat and heal him (like Jan's angles)

louisEX attack: pulls himself to an enemy with the spear and punching the enemy when he gets to him.

i like all of your ideas, the only one im not sure about is the davis jump blast
it seems too simple :\ dunno..
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2015, 01:51 PM)Memento Wrote:  - John attack. Cast a spell that stays with the opponent and hurts him now and then (like this +- 17:30). I have to see if we can do this data-wise.

It's easy and simple. I remember doing that long ago, lol. Just use a ball which sticks via the state that Woody uses in his teleport, just move it a little and then make it detonate after some time. Maybe even make it stick, after it found it's target, via k8. Might be less buggier, because the Woody state might search for new target after it found the nearest one.
You can obviously do the same with friendly characters. Just like Woody would :p

It's easy if you want it to be just for one char. For couple of *different* enemies it would be harder but I can still imagine it working.
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2015, 01:51 PM)Memento Wrote:  - Woody attack. He takes on a defensive pose and when the opponent attacks him head-on, he counters with a quick punch
that catches the opponent in the dance of pain (example)

whether we're going to do this or not, the video got me motivated to do this quick sketch :D

[Image: nut_punch_draft_by_janisarcane-d8qa9gp.gif]

edit: cleared version [Image: nut_punch_draft_by_janisarcane-d8qabgi.gif]
Thanks given by: Memento
On second thought, perhaps it is best if we start brainstorming on one character at a time, until we decide on a move. Simply because I think this will make it easier to oversee things and would get things rolling faster.

Since we already have one clear idea for Woody and Joho15 wanted to make something for Woody, lets start with him :)

edit: I'll post my ideas for Woody in this post:
- Nut punch, like I mentioned above. Would be good if we'd make it punch the opponent just far enough to continue with a DvA, as DvA is like his least used attack in the game but its rather cool :) We could also consider making teleport + nut punch an attack
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: Ariel , Marko
But the Nut Punch wouldn't work on jan.. :P
Do we really want that woody is crushing eggs of his enemys.. :O

btw the rest of the ideas seems pretty fine to me atm :D
[Image: ZHkICNr.png][Image: adGT3Xm.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-19-2015, 08:53 PM)JoHo15 Wrote:  But the Nut Punch wouldn't work on jan.. :P
Do we really want that woody is crushing eggs of his enemys.. :O

btw the rest of the ideas seems pretty fine to me atm :D

Any attack that can be performed as a superfast surprise attack on the place could work;)

The punch Arcane made could be a good hybrid actually. Its not really a nutpunch, it is aimed at the stomach more I think^^

I made a video in which I play as Woody with this new move. Please turn sound off:

We don't have to keep this, but I felt like making data since Arcane already had sprites for this move :p

Do you guys like this move? It should of course 1) cost some MP, 2) have somewhat less range and 3) black pixels should be deleted in sprites and the current sprites are too blurry, should be fixed.

In-game function: quick counter & surprise attack. I made it so that its a better counter than Woody's flip kick, but a worse counter than Davis' dragon punch. The move itself doesn't deal much damage, but you can do quite some damage when the opponent is in the dance of pain. Furthermore, if the opponent is to defend this punch, he should be able to actually counter YOU.
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: Marko
love this attack, fits just great!
i think we are done with woody :P
[Image: p45mycA.png]
Thanks given by:
maybe less AOE in z direction.
Thanks given by:
I cleaned the dirty pixels and data a bit (you probably already saw this one Marko, I moved this from my previous post to here :p):

(04-20-2015, 05:02 PM)Marko Wrote:  maybe less AOE in z direction.

I'm afraid I have to disappoint you, this is the standard AoE in LF2. I didn't add any extra.

(04-20-2015, 04:36 PM)Ariel Wrote:  love this attack, fits just great!
i think we are done with woody :P

Do the others like the concept of this move also?
If so, we can fix the sprites and keep this move and move on to the next already like Ariel says! We might want to save the next move's sprites for JoHo15 though lol ^_^

edit: it seems something goes wrong when you upload those .bmp files to dropbox, this caused the blur in the new sprites. So its probably best to upload them as .psd, .png or in a .zip-file. I think Arcane has the correct sprites then. Arcane, could you make the sprites like I put them on woody_2.bmp but in the normal quality? :)
Original character edits
Goku2021

Thanks given by: JoHo15 , Jahvansi , Ariel , Rhino.Freak