Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duplicating stage mode (in order to make 2 diffirent stage modes)
I was wondering, would it be possible to duplicate stage mode and get in in the main menu twice, while using diffirent data for both? That way we could make both a stage mode ánd a story mode (which is basically a stage mode, but with storyline) for LF2 extended. I want to save the pleasure of the fastpaced, never interupted gameplay of the original game but also offer something new.

I could try to learn some hex editing and give it a try if it's not too advanced (if it's pretty advanced though, we might need some help as none of us are hexers)

Edit: got a solution, however it's not brilliant... we can do this without editing the exe, by simply providing 2 diffirent stage.dat files. If you want to play the mode with the story, you use the stage.dat file that loads the story mode; if you want to play the original type stage mode, load the other one.
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
Unfortunately, I don't think doing such would be an easy thing at all. Every menu item on the screen has an id. Getting a new item in between would require ploughing on the ids of all the other items below it; might require changing the window each loads to match the new ids, AND, padding the offsets of the item coordinates in the menus assets taking account of that new item. Then comes replicating the stage loading code and having it load the new stage.dat file instead.

What makes it even more tedious is that, AFAIK, none of the above things has been documented before.

Edit: @V: You rule when it comes to this stuff :P
[Image: signature.png]
A-Engine: A new beat em up game engine inspired by LF2. Coming soon

A-Engine Dev Blog - Update #8: Timeout

Thanks given by:
I did this back in 2006 for 1.9c and added survival mode :P http://ztage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1...val#p23213

I think modifying the menu is pretty easy. The harder bit will be getting the game to load 2 stage modes. I can't really help you with that.
[Image: doty7Xn.gif]

10 ʏᴇᴀʀs sɪɴᴄᴇ ɪʀᴄ ɢᴏᴏᴅ.ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴏғ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴇʟsᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀᴛʜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴅs ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ sᴛᴀʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴ ғᴏʀ ʜᴏᴜʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sᴜᴍᴍᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪʀᴄ. ɪ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ɪʀᴄ ᴄʜᴀɴɴᴇʟs ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ɴᴏ ɢᴏᴏᴅ. ɪ ᴘᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴢᴏʀᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇsɪsᴛ ʜɪs sᴇxɪɴᴇss ʙᴜᴛ ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇᴀɴɪɴɢʟᴇss. ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ɪs ɴᴇᴀʀ.ɪ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴜsᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅ sᴏᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ɪʀᴄ ʟᴏɢs ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʀʏ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴛᴏ sʟᴇᴇᴘ.

Thanks given by: A-Man
(02-25-2015, 04:20 PM)Lord Silva Wrote:  I did this back in 2006 for 1.9c and added survival mode :P http://ztage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1...val#p23213

I think modifying the menu is pretty easy. The harder bit will be getting the game to load 2 stage modes. I can't really help you with that.

Hmm okay. I guess we should stick with 1 stage mode then.. :)
Original character edits
Goku2021
LF2 Timelapse (open source mod)

Thanks given by:
Its really Hard to Do that Although I dont know How to Hex the Exe.But I can Fell...that.
New Member Just Joined "2017"
Thanks given by: