Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robyn
(05-25-2013, 11:53 AM)The Hari Wrote:  Really no one noticed that bow also is modified? :P
I remember I did back when you showed him first. But honesty, details so subtle that I do not spot them at some point in time are the best.
(05-25-2013, 11:53 AM)The Hari Wrote:  And i can't find any other color that fit for his gloves.
I would try jacket/pants colours or something grey/green, definitely nothing too saturated.
(05-25-2013, 11:53 AM)The Hari Wrote:  Maybe i should also edit shape of face, because now he looks fat.
Yes you need to make his face shape look less derpy - he needs to look smarter than a hunter. Instead of eyes you could also give him a new/different pair of sunglasses.
(05-25-2013, 11:53 AM)The Hari Wrote:  I don't underastand this. Do you mean, that his summoned arrow should stick out from quiver, or edit these small arrows on every sprite.
Both I guess. One arrow obviously attached to the sprite (can look special if you want, at least not the many small arrows mess right there), and the summoned arrow visibly sticking out next to it.
Thanks given by:
The char is very nice, great sprite, idea good, but you should change the glove to Gray or Dark Blue so it will make the char look nicer
I am a kid from VN so sorry for my bad english :p
Thanks given by:
Oh boy, progress!
Most of this stuff is ready from long time, I just don't feel like I want to polish them all.
[Image: 5oxchu.png]

[Image: 6gvu9u.png]
Let me explain what this mosaic presents:
- First picture is his arrow, which Robyn can pick up from ground (only if he miss)
- Second is showing new attack (>>+DA) Robyn jump and hit the ground with his bow, creating some dust. It gives effect similar to bounce attacks from alf2.
- Another is an effect of destroyed bomb arrow. Now it'll explode only in contact.
- Fourth picture is another new move. When you land after dash, you can press D to perform "rolling in the air"(?), something like in HF, but here it cost you pretty much amount of mana.
- And the last one is new dash attack.

Arrow rain looks now more like Shawn's attack from HF, but without chase effect. Counter attack can be perform during back dash. I also deleted second hit after run attack, since I couldn't draw it as I wanted. But his run attack still send opponent into dop, so usually you can hit him second time with super punch.

What's left to do?
- Polishing his data (darn it).
- Fix frozen and burning pictures.
- Make mirror sheets (darn it for the second time).
- Write AI.

Thanks given by: Lauli , Jester , Dragon5 , YinYin , Bamboori , Dr. Time , Sakujo
Damn it, you are awesome man :D
I really really love the idea of picking up arrow on the ground after he miss. This is a great improvement for him. This will make him much more interesting.
I don't know what more to say, just... awesome.
And i really want to see how the AI fight :D Must be fun.
Thanks given by:
If you want, I can help you with Robyn's data. Just tell me what you want done and I'll do what I can. It's the least I can do for you helping out my project.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
That face looks kinda small compared to the large chest area. Any possibility to enlarge that to a heroes face picture proportions?

(07-12-2013, 05:18 PM)The Hari Wrote:  - Fourth picture is another new move. When you land after dash, you can press D to perform "rolling in the air"(?), something like in HF, but here it cost you pretty much amount of mana.
Does he change direction when doing this with either front or back dash?
Thanks given by:
@Jester: Yay, thanks! Oh yeah, I'll try to write nice AI for him.

(07-12-2013, 06:20 PM)Bat Tamer Wrote:  If you want, I can help you with Robyn's data. Just tell me what you want done and I'll do what I can. It's the least I can do for you helping out my project.
Thanks a lot. I admire you also want to help me, but do you really want to waste time to setting all these wpoints, bdys and stuff? Dedicate your time for your own project, since collaboration with you is a pleasure : D

(07-12-2013, 07:31 PM)YinYin Wrote:  That face looks kinda small compared to the large chest area. Any possibility to enlarge that to a heroes face picture proportions?
I hope it is. Gonna try that, since it also bugs me.

(07-12-2013, 07:31 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Does he change direction when doing this with either front or back dash?
No. Forward and back dash send you into the same crouch frame.

edit: v I'm using it, but it's still borrrring.

Thanks given by:
Someone Else's Data Changer makes that kind of stuff very easy since you can directly write data to the EXE. I'm sure it will be less tedious. I feel like taking a little break from that since I have been working on and off for three months now.
To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong.
The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must reach beyond the boundaries of time itself.
And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step...
Ask not what others can do for you, but what you can do for others.
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2013, 08:03 PM)The Hari Wrote:  
(07-12-2013, 07:31 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Does he change direction when doing this with either front or back dash?
No. Forward and back dash send you into the same crouch frame.
I meant the movement direction, not the facing direction.

So in one case you keep moving along and in the other you jump back where you came from?
Thanks given by:
Yay, found some motivation to work on Robyn! and Julius!
It's pretty much finished.. nah, those coordinates.. so it'll be last beta. I just need to ask about little help:
First small problem is his jump weapon attack, when he shooting arrow. Because after shot, weapon goes to frame 40, I gave it a itr: kind: 8 to change frame and set it propely in air. But then arrow is spawning in weird place and I have no idea how to correct it. Changing coordinates doesn't help.

Second is probably unfixeable, but hopefully I'm wrong:
Arrows right after hitting the ground goes to frame from 0 to 15, so in old version I gave all those frames state: 3005 and pic: 999, but now when arrows are pickable, I can't do that, since some of frames 0-15 are used to holding weapon. So for a while (wait: 0, but it still looks awful) after it hit the ground, arrow shows in strange position. Any solution?

And the last one: How to make arrow being pickable only for Robyn?

And about Robyn itself: I've completely redone his arrow rain, now it's follow opponent and falls more random. Also added effect of destroying to every arrow. Arrows from counter\back dash attack stabs into ground and you can pick up them.
+ some other small details
I know that I have to improve his heavy walking sprites, clean some dirty pixels and facepic, but if you find any other flaws, don't forget to tell me.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/mvj79p..._beta2.zip

id: 600 type: 0 file: sprite\robyn\robyn.dat
id: 3400 type: 3 file: sprite\robyn\robyn_ball.dat
id: 3401 type: 1 file: sprite\robyn\robyn_arrow.dat
id: 3402 type: 1 file: sprite\robyn\robyn_arrow2.dat

Oh, also will be grateful for info about any free recording program, working properly on windows 8.

Thanks given by: Jester , Dr. Time , 8obis , YinYin , Lauli , Bla bla bla 44 , AmadisLFE