Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[Release] Siegvar's Frozen
(08-31-2011, 08:32 AM)Siegvar Wrote:  you prefer Freeza's version [...] Perhaps you could elaborate on this.
i would be somewhat interested too :p
(08-31-2011, 08:32 AM)Siegvar Wrote:  Should I take the fact that my whirlwind balls look good enough to come from a video game as a compliment? Or the fact that it doesn't seem fluid enough as a point for improvement?
if the critique came from me: take both

ie next time make it as smooth as all the sprites of frozen are
or keep the character on the same simple video game level
(i kinda agree about the ice wind effects - but it doesn't bother me)
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2011, 12:24 PM)Monolith Wrote:  i have chosen mine Rento team 3 with id 10 vs your Frozen team 2 with id 11 and id 96,i was woody team 1 id 10.
i let them fight but in havent interupted with woody,guess who have win two fights in a row,my char Rento.
in first fight my char easely defeated your frozen,in second fight my char was havin 1/3 hp but still have win battle.
  • AI is a mess when it comes to using custom characters, even if the skills are roughly the ones used
  • woody has interrupted the fight simply by his presence - pick a character that deletes itself
  • 2 fights are not a representative result - do at least 20 to get a good statistic
  • what does the constant winning of one char against another tell you?
  • have you also tested these two characters against other unmodified fighters?
Thanks given by:
Please dont flame me for saying this :

I havnt tested the chars. so i dunno what are their characteristics.what i think is that it might be that ur char is a little more powered than Frozen. Or It might be that Sieg has left Frozen to be not to powerful but yet made him fun to play with?
Thanks given by: YinYin , LutiChris , Monolith
(08-31-2011, 01:07 PM)Monolith Wrote:  YinYin its say that my char skills not half-assed
i'm afraid you don't understand what siegvar was trying to say with that

because it has nothing to do with how often a character wins
Thanks given by:
The video game comment is not meant to be a compliment...I've always disliked chars which have sprites from other games. They just look...out of place. If it was more fluid, it might look less videogame-y, but I can't visualize it :/
I don't like this version as much because...uh...I just found it more..interesting. True, the sprites aren't that good (especially the short-ranged whirlwind ball spinny thingy and the beam), but I felt it was somehow more engaging than this Frozen (it's not about more moves). Maybe it's just the choice of moves (standard ball, sort-of-standard whirlwind, then an interesting mirage move)
I will try to think of something more specific...maybe it's about combos too, instead of just having seperate, unrelated moves. Hrmmmm.

oh by the way, I'm having problems redownloading freeza's frozen from the main website...the rar file's corrupted or something. :/
Stories- Wrath of MH-Razen and Clash of the Empires
Warning! Super epicness! (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Monolith
(08-31-2011, 01:43 PM)oliveryungo Wrote:  The video game comment is not meant to be a compliment...I've always disliked chars which have sprites from other games. They just look...out of place. If it was more fluid, it might look less videogame-y, but I can't visualize it :/
I don't like this version as much because...uh...I just found it more..interesting. True, the sprites aren't that good (especially the short-ranged whirlwind ball spinny thingy and the beam), but I felt it was somehow more engaging than this Frozen (it's not about more moves). Maybe it's just the choice of moves (standard ball, sort-of-standard whirlwind, then an interesting mirage move)
I will try to think of something more specific...maybe it's about combos too, instead of just having seperate, unrelated moves. Hrmmmm.

oh by the way, I'm having problems redownloading freeza's frozen from the main website...the rar file's corrupted or something. :/

I see, now that you put it that way, moves-wise its understandable, the type of moves my Frozen has and the type of moves Freeza's frozen has appeals to largely different sensibilities. Originality and uniqueness is not a sensible debate to go into. :P

Combo wise, I may have to disagree, my Frozen has alot of opportunities for combos, more so than Freeza's Frozen. However, they largely revolve around melee only, as that was my intention. DJA is the crux around which Frozen's strength lies, as it boosts his melee combo potential greatly.
Also, the only move that's unrelated in my Frozen is the whirlwind. It is the only move that has no versatile means of being incorporated into the other attacks. Every other move has its potential uses and relationship with the others, this fact has been another focus of the design thought I put into Frozen. I've also made it a point to make their uses a little more subtle, to give him more depth in learning curve and usage, so that may be a problem.
However, putting it like this, I have nothing to back my words with. Its merely a contention put forth. If you'd like, we should trade pointers by each recording some gameplay videos of this Frozen and Freeza's Frozen for comparison. Also I'm assuming you haven't figured out Frozen's cooler combos yet... but again, without video demonstrations.. its just my guess. YOu may have already figured them out but don't think much of them.
Then again.. this whole video recording thing may be a bit too much hassle to be worth the effort. :P If you don't like my Frozen, then yea.
(08-31-2011, 12:24 PM)Monolith Wrote:  D>A + A i think can cost bit more mp.
As you have wroted
siegvar Wrote:Plus maybe this time you can think and plan out the skills in more detail before starting the character. Rento's skills were a bit half-assed, no offence meant. They just weren't as nice as his overall design.
i have chosen mine Rento team 3 with id 10 vs your Frozen team 2 with id 11 and id 96,i was woody team 1 id 10.
i let them fight but in havent interupted with woody,guess who have win two fights in a row,my char Rento.
in first fight my char easely defeated your frozen,in second fight my char was havin 1/3 hp but still have win battle.

When I wrote half-assed. I meant design wise, they were not as appealing as Rento's character design.
The energy blast was plain, nothing really memorable about the shooting animation.
The shrafe was awkward. Its a typical shrafe design that you see in other characters when the creators didn't have the spriting skills necessary to create nice fluid animation. You however, have that ability, but didn't really use it well.

The running with the spinning spear is a nice idea, although again, the animation for it is a bit disappointing. Some more effort in spriting some upper body motion and variation to the spin would be nice. Like the usual martial arts like karate, or wushu when they spin their spears or staffs.

As for the mp cost. Perhaps. I actually like it this way. The skill isn't that strong in either 1v1 situations or 1vMany situations, so it wouldn't make much of a difference. Plus at the current value, the cost is high enough to prevent people from spamming in Stage mode for an easy method to win. Also, the mp cost for this move is only slightly lesser than Freeze's iceball (per ball), and considering Frozen's whirlwind blasts cannot freeze other energy blasts, like Freeze's iceballs, which makes it slightly weaker, I think its balanced to give it a lower mp cost. Even though I did make it slightly faster than Freeze's iceballs, I also fixed the trajectory a little, its not as useful in shooting to the sides, and even shooting forward with the arced trajectories they're only the most effective at a limited mid range. Too near and its not very effective to chain the shots, too far and the blasts don't reach.

Well, that's just my opinion anyway.
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Monolith
actually, frozen's pretty cheap sometimes in my opinion....especially in one on ones. Ever tried spamming ice mirages to constantly freeze your opponents?
I still don't like the whirlwind. It's probably because I think the sprites are inappropiate (but then I don't like that whirly sprite in general anyway). I'd have preferred that snow-ish whirlwind one in your progress thread.
This frozen's still awesome, ofc, but it's probably the whirlwind sprites that are bugging me, and I, after probably annoying the heck out of the AI by spamming mirages, think that there are too many mirage moves....it's a cheap escape AND it freezes the opponent if you're touching them. :/
Maybe I liked freeza's one a bit more because mainly of the falling ice balls, which are totally awesome when you're in the middle of beating the crap out of a char, in which the unfortunate victim gets assaulted by ice balls as well as your fists :D
Also, any chance that there's a slow-to-perform move that can be used effectively when your opponent is frozen? The ice fist combo thing doesnt really work when the other is frozen....but maybe I just got bored kicking the opponent down after icing them.
Reducing the distance covered by the mirage being broken (e.g D>J) would be pretty cheap and weaken the character at the same time....less distance to get away from getting swarmed and if it's too close you can immediately punch the guy after he tries to punch you. Right now that quick counterattack only works on long range attacks :3
Basically I just don't like the ball sprites. So ignore me :P
Stories- Wrath of MH-Razen and Clash of the Empires
Warning! Super epicness! (Click to View)
Thanks given by: Monolith , Siegvar
@oliver:
Nah. That's a useful analysis. I added D>J as an afterthought when someone suggested it. Guess I didn't really think it through carefully enough huh. I might just remove D>J altogether, go back to forcing players to work hard to make the ice mirages useful. :P

Whirlwind too. :P Added it after doing the rest of the moves... coz I thought I ought to include one large flashy move..
However I'm just gonna leave this one in. I'll probably keep this in mind next time I work on something similar.

Although, I don't see how anyone would bother to download a Frozen v1.1 that just removes D>J. lol. Maybe I'll consider racking up more changes before providing an update.

As for the slow move thingy... not really. The ice fist combo is designed mainly as a tool to lengthen combos... or a short burst of damage when you're under pressure.

If you're getting bored of freezing people and then kicking them.. well that's the shortest and safest way of fighting using frozen. Its a bit mp intensive in Stage(if you're using D>A to freeze), and you'll run out quite quickly... although its viable in 1v1. I guess if you're used to cheesing then its inevitable that it'll get boring. :P
I should probably think of a way to prevent that, although its pretty much the same as players using only DASH KICK as the safest and most reliable way to fight. I think freezing plus kicking is a tiny bit more interesting than that. :P But yea, if I can fix that somehow...
"I may devour the five continents, and swallow the three seas, but a body with neither wings, nor hands, nor feet, is powerless against the sky."

My stuff:
| sprites | frozen |

Want to learn how to sprite from me? (Click to View)
have a request for me? (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Guys I tried out this char many times in the easy survival mode[as I am not able to play good with my fever :(]
And frozen turned out to be fun to play!
I can't master the technique of that mirage one and I see the blood on his head and not on his mouth [I guess you understand]
His combos are awesome ...
and I think PF's frozen was good in his terms [it was made pretty much earlier than this one] and siegvar's is very good in combos.
Thanks given by:
Submitted:

http://www.lf-empire.de/en/lfe-fileplane...773-frozen
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by: Electric2Shock , symaroth1