Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[4 CHARs] The Ninja Tales (NO NARUTO!!!)
Forget everything I said about Fusejs teleport attack.
I just managed to walk away from it unharmed all the time, didn't know the initial itr was that small.

The team idea for stage does work very well - but there is no way you can pretend them to be balanced against the original fighters.
To me Louis (/Knight) and Deep are the original rocks (stage tanks) against your supposed Davis scissor. And Davis stands a very good chance against them (that's the balance part).
Your Dokum weights several more tons compared to them. At least that's your intention.

(02-05-2013, 12:23 AM)Alblaka Wrote:  Rather, I should relink 90 to 213. After all 213 is the start of my dash attack. Which is the source of my confusion as to why Dokum can even perform the regular 90er dash attack... apparently LF2 can detect the dash+A before even entering the dash frame (given 213 has different states and shouldn't be able to call dash attack at all).
Yes that's the whole point of the double key inputs, which is why I would suggest you to use a copy of 213 on 90 so it acts the exact same. But the relink will work too.
Or you could actually use this as a feature and make the >>JA go higher/farther compared to the >>J.

(02-05-2013, 12:23 AM)Alblaka Wrote:  Becoming invulnerable without the ability to do anything at all, merely wasting mana, doesn't really seem broken to me. It's a means to distract enemies so your team can take them down (see above, 4man).
I can't utilize multiple objects, as the shield is supposed to be destroyed after taking x hp of damage. Cannot control that without using a single object.
Using a T1 could work, but I assume the 'hit' frames and similar stuff doesn't work as smoothly as with T3's?Otherwise it would be a better solution, I suppose.
But you cannot control that either if the shield is absent right after the first hit (I think I am getting this because of Suikans shuriken being too powerful). You could at least reward the attacker in some way for destroying that shield object.
Type 1 goes randomly to frame 0-15 when hit, not sure about state 3000 enabling 10,20,30 too, but one hit action would be enough anyway.

(02-05-2013, 12:23 AM)Alblaka Wrote:  No clue how I'm supposed to create or utilize such an effect ^^' Does it contain HEX?
No, just some knowledge in that direction.
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=7523
The idea is that you can overfloat both hp and mp bar very precisely if you know their limit.
That way you can make your character actually gain on either of them by subtracting a lot.
Doing this with the hp bar can disable regeneration and dark red hp and will on top of that make bottles deadly.
That way you could make such moves require a lot of hp (mp: 49000) but only subtract a little (-10hp) so the character cannot perform it again.
The disabled regeneration and bottles prevent the character from recharging to perform it again.
All these costs/drawbacks may be a little high, but they also work as neat features and could be your perfect excuse to make these moves even more powerful, because the performer actually sacrifices (or "releases") his ability to regain hp.
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 09:21 AM)YinYin Wrote:  Forget everything I said about Fusejs teleport attack.
I just managed to walk away from it unharmed all the time, didn't know the initial itr was that small.
Oh ye, that as well...

(02-05-2013, 09:21 AM)YinYin Wrote:  The team idea for stage does work very well - but there is no way you can pretend them to be balanced against the original fighters.
To me Louis (/Knight) and Deep are the original rocks (stage tanks) against your supposed Davis scissor. And Davis stands a very good chance against them (that's the balance part).
Your Dokum weights several more tons compared to them. At least that's your intention.
You should try the Dokum_Old.dat He was 90% useless back then... though I probably overdid it with buffing him, maybe he indeed is too viable.
Is there any way of strengthening a characters base defense except for giving him an armor id or (as I do) disabling the broken defense?
Otherwise I will may have to code something like a T3 counter which saves him from the first X defense breaks or something along those lines.

Quote:But you cannot control that either if the shield is absent right after the first hit (I think I am getting this because of Suikans shuriken being too powerful). You could at least reward the attacker in some way for destroying that shield object.
Type 1 goes randomly to frame 0-15 when hit, not sure about state 3000 enabling 10,20,30 too, but one hit action would be enough anyway.
The shield isn't destroyed, it just switches ownership and occasionally turns around. There is some base code that causes T3's to stop colliding with projectiles if both are of the same owner (or something along those lines).
I suppose using a T1 would be more appropriate here.

Quote:No, just some knowledge in that direction.
http://www.lf-empire.de/forum/showthread.php?tid=7523
The idea is that you can overfloat both hp and mp bar very precisely if you know their limit.
That way you can make your character actually gain on either of them by subtracting a lot.
Doing this with the hp bar can disable regeneration and dark red hp and will on top of that make bottles deadly.
That way you could make such moves require a lot of hp (mp: 49000) but only subtract a little (-10hp) so the character cannot perform it again.
The disabled regeneration and bottles prevent the character from recharging to perform it again.
All these costs/drawbacks may be a little high, but they also work as neat features and could be your perfect excuse to make these moves even more powerful, because the performer actually sacrifices (or "releases") his ability to regain hp.
Exspecially the bottle=death part. Would need to override id() before implementing this, otherwise the AI will, literally kill itself.
Good to know such a thing is possible, though.

My Creations: (Click to View)

Return (String) System.getNewsOfTheDay();
Barely active, expect slow responses. If at all.

Greetz,
Alblaka
Thanks given by:
(02-05-2013, 09:31 AM)Alblaka Wrote:  Is there any way of strengthening a characters base defense except for giving him an armor id or (as I do) disabling the broken defense?
I like creating an object with a larger bdy and high hp that will take all the weak hits (arest) and also makes a new hit sound. Stronger hits (vrest) will still be able to get past that and hit both object and character.
Another cool option is hitting yourself with a negative bdefend. This increases your state 7 (or armor) defense.

(02-05-2013, 09:31 AM)Alblaka Wrote:  Exspecially the bottle=death part. Would need to override id() before implementing this, otherwise the AI will, literally kill itself.
Good to know such a thing is possible, though.
Well the id() is still a large chunk of work. Until that is tackled you can try to make the ego() aware of it and stay away/throw bottles in case it performed a release (and hope that the id() won't get a chance to pick and drink). This might be enough for a start if you want to try it.

edit: I just realized there is yet another way to remember a state per fighter/object instead of per character:
rudolfs transform
I use it to lock away moves and unlock them by transforming a character into himself (from that point on he can switch back and forth between two states and perform a move every time).
But you could also use it to prohibit a move from being performed again once the character has transformed into himself.
This one has no drawbacks as long as your character doesn't use the normal copy ability.
Thanks given by:
Sorry for the grave digging, but Alblaka hasn't been on here for over a year now and the link is broken. Does anyone still have this and could upload it somewhere?

EDIT: Nevermind, anyone else looking for these characters - link
Thanks given by: