Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
different carried weapons cause different attacks at hit_Fa move
a few questions to check if I got you right:

1. kirby starts the move, let other weapons fall and opoint out the new weapon, right or wrong?
2. this new weapon is responsible for the special move, right or wrong?
3. does the special move start directly after you opoint out the new weapon?
4. does it start when you... press attack with the weapon on hands or something like this, so if you drop the weapon and other guys take it it starts, too?
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
www.lf-empire.de
Once I had a fortune, it said: "Leave now. Life is short. Time is luck"
Don't dream your life, live your dream!
Thanks given by:
Ok this is what happens:
Kirby does D>A which makes him start inhaling. If someone happens to walk into his inhaling range, they get sucked in Kirby's mouth with cpoint. When the enemy is in Kirby's mouth, Kirby can press A to swallow. On the swallowing frames, there are 2 itr/kind:8 frames. One has a bdy at y: 1000 (Mario) , the other has a bdy at y: 2000 (Link). Ok, say that Mario happens to be the victim of Kirby. Mario has a bdy at y: 1000 and the itr/kind: 8 frame that corresponds with him as a dvx: 395. On frame 395, Kirby summons the weapon and transforms into a hat version of Kirby (its just the same as the other Kirby, except that the wpoints are changed to make aligning the hats ALOT easier). Nothing happens after that, he's just a normal character wearing a hat(weapon).

Ok that's the process, what I want is that when Hat Kirby presses D>A, he does a special move according to whatever hat he is wearing, so if he's wearing the Mario hat, he does a fireball, but if he's wearing a Link hat, he shoots an arrow. Now this could be very easy and simple if all of the characters in Smash Bros had the same kind of special. But that is not the case here. Like I've said before, Mario's fireball takes half a second, while Captain Falcon's special takes at least 2 seconds.

EDIT: I forgot to say, if Kirby throws the weapon away, it disappears instantly.

I hope I've made this clearer now :)
Thanks given by:
yes you did, you want weapon-dependant attacks for a D>A move.

ok this move looks the following:

in the first frame of the move set a weaponact: 100, the frame should last like wait: 5 , then wpoint isnt important for the rest of the move. Now for weapon itsself - hats have a frame 100 where they opoint out type 0 objects with different bdy y-values, depending on the hat he wear. So for mario its y: 5000, for link it's y: 6000, in the same frame with the wpoint / weaponact: 100 you have itr/kind 8 at y: 5000 and 6000, so now if the char don't wear a hat the move go on with next: xxx, but if there's a type 0 bdy from mario or link the dvx noted in the itr/kind 8 go to other frames and other moves start.

If you don't know all about itr/kind 8 go to mainsite: lf2-empire/data changing / frame elements / itr / kind 8

you can add as many different moves as you want, the type 0 object should be deleted with next: 1000 after a few tu (5 should be enough). BTW: There's a itr&bdy limit per frame of 10 as far as I know. So if you've more make it in two frames and let the objects stay a little longer to secure it. Don't make these two frames looping then or the char will get stuck if there's no special hat...

hope all is solved now
have fun ;)
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by: Zazz1
Oh, of course! I could use itr/kind: 8!! Thanks!

I'm giving you a thanks :D
Thanks given by:
(10-01-2008, 07:35 AM)Zazz1 Wrote:  Oh, of course! I could use itr/kind: 8!! Thanks!

I'm giving you a thanks :D

sounds like your problem is done. I changed the title a bit and moved it to advanced, the problem is kinda interesting..., but with the existing title some people might not get what your problem was (like me :p)
www.lf-empire.de
Thanks given by:
(09-30-2008, 10:03 AM)MH-Razen Wrote:  a few questions to check if I got you right:

1. kirby starts the move, let other weapons fall and opoint out the new weapon, right or wrong?
2. this new weapon is responsible for the special move, right or wrong?
3. does the special move start directly after you opoint out the new weapon?
4. does it start when you... press attack with the weapon on hands or something like this, so if you drop the weapon and other guys take it it starts, too?

Hey i know it may be unrelated but i though you should know that I found out a technique that allows you to jump off of your opponent's head. i just edited the jump frame with an Itr that hits for 0 hp with effect 5 so no hit spark shows up. ALSO on this particular jump frame i have a "hit_j:" going to the 2nd jump. this itr allows time to slow for a bit in which a player hits J to jump high into the air.

bugs i know of

the 'dvy' value in your 2nd jump will be increased somewhat something as simple as a -7 can vault a character to the top, but not out of the screen.

this only works well with the first jump you can place this itr on the 2nd jump however the effect becomes so watered down that it's not worth using on the 2nd jump
Thanks given by: