Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Users browsed this thread
How about knowing who browsed which threads?

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=169
[Image: random.php?pic=random]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The meaning of life is to give life a meaning.
Stop existing. Start living.
Thanks given by:
Why would we need such an extension? Make your case MangaD!
Quote of the Day f***ing Year (Click to View)
Thanks given by:
Because big brother is watching.

Well, there's no specific reason. I personally like to know who viewed each thread, I find it as a way to know who's active and who could possible have interest in the topic of the thread.
Thanks given by:
If we are going for who why not also list the where & when
list their ip address if they're not a user could be interesting to know what locations they're comin from :p
A sequence of variables thatre engraved since the beginning of the cosmos is responsible for animating things in reality
Thanks given by:
Well, actually I believe that Piwik/Matomo is installed on this site and does just that (but for the whole site not each thread—I think), so the admin knows where most traffic comes from already.

I don't know of any plugin that does that for each thread, so BP would have to implement it and I doubt he has time for that. Also it would need some kind of prune system because the database would grow a lot storing all those IP's. But it is a nice idea. :)
Thanks given by:
(05-29-2019, 09:25 AM)MangaD Wrote:  so the admin knows where most traffic comes from already.
"Know" is such a big word, the last time I visited the database I just saw a clunk of additional tables and remembered there was something like that around. Probably broken. Or inaccessible. Or both.

At present activity rates, it's safe to assume that all who have visited the forums at all have at least had a glimpse on the thread (-title, at least). If they read it or not is a different story but the list wouldn't differ significantly from "Who was online in the past week" (or memberlist sort by last visited).

Either way, looks like some unnecessary clutter. For gauging interest in selected threads, you might want to rely on the views-counters instead...
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(05-30-2019, 07:38 AM)Silverthorn Wrote:  Probably broken. Or inaccessible. Or both.

That is not very reassuring. You know what happens with outdated software.

(05-30-2019, 07:38 AM)Silverthorn Wrote:  looks like some unnecessary clutter.

All right.
Thanks given by: