Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Fighter 2 Survival Stage World Records
In this Topic you will see the actual world records in Survival Stage.
Here everyone can add his recording and tell what kind of record it is.
For Example Survival Stage difficult,Random Chars,two players.
I will make a list here and delete everything which is worse then something new.
(I don't count records with Julian/Firzen/Rudolf as one of these)

Rules:
1) Sticking to one character category - transforming into LouisEX for example would be considered a boss character category and not a 10 random hero category.
2) Declare the speed or use of any tools - otherwise it can be put into the equivalent of a "free-for-all" category.
3) Rudolf may not transform into Julian.
4) No F6-F9 cheat keys.

EASY:
NORMAL:
DIFFICULT:
CRAZY:
Special Records:
A Stage count to LouisEX/Bat if already only one person is within one frame LouisEX or Bat.
Feel free to post your Recordings here.

Here is an example for a post:
Code:
-Number of Players:
-Names of the Players:
-Difficulty:
-Chars Used:(Same order as the Players)(If Rudolf transforms also tell if he transforms to LouisEX or Bat)
-Reached Stage:
-Recording Link:
-Real Time/Frame Rate:

I saw a picture of a game with 8 players difficult Stage 19.That's surely also a world record.

This Topic is also on LF2-global and LF2cn because with world record i say that there is o better recording.If anyone knows an important LF2 Forum with many Members then tell it to me to make sure to find really the best recordings from every LF2 Player.
Thanks given by: NewToTheEra
I notice you copy pasted the original thread that Reaper hosted, which is actually fine as long as you're willing to keep it updated, but you will need to either vet through all the old recordings to see if they break existing rules or erase all old records entirely. Plus, you've added certain rules which I feel do not make sense.

Quote:1.play in the fastest speed distance allows you
2.Use Henry's D^J only up to 4 times a single stage
3.Use Jan's D^J only once a stage
4.for John and Sorcerer, use DdownJ only once a stage and D^J only once a stage for each member of your group.

Regarding 3 and 4, I think you massively overvalued the usefulness of heals in Stage mode.
Healing spells only recover your current HP, it will not recover your *maximum* HP. The only way to do so is to drink milk, which you are already on very short supply, especially after you get past wave 50 where you'll basically never get milk until every 10 levels later. In other words, as you progress further into the game, you'll find the heal spell useless and desperately only want milk.
Furthermore, characters become stronger as their HP for every 100hp they lose, reaching the maximum mp recovery rate at 99hp, so sometimes players will want to deliberately keep their health low.

---

I'll be the first to admit that Henry's D^J flute is a very broken ability. It starts up too fast. It has massive combo and crowd control potential. It cannot be blocked or even evaded in some circumstances. If your HP is low enough you will regenerate almost all of the MP cost needed to cast it a second time by the time you've finished the first flute. But if you're playing in a team, this is far from the only thing that is broken. Have you seen Firen+Freeze's inferno+icicle combo? How they used a weapon like an ice sword to lure an AI into a very specific behavior and then blast them all by exploiting how you can burn & freeze the same enemy repeatedly? Would you restrict those too?

The game can be slowed down - either intentionally with a frame rate changer or unintentionally due to a poor internet connection speed during online multiplayer or even from a sh**** computer. A slowed down or constantly paused game gives you time to react, which can be a huge advantage against the computer AI with its instant reaction time, but I do note that LF2 tends to eat up your inputs in low speed.

Now, I have spoken before in a previous thread the 1st rule about playing in the fastest speed is honestly unenforceable, and if it is unenforceable it shouldn't be a rule. However, the fact that you can recognize that and make an exception for internet lag shows that you understand the concept of "the spirit of the law", and this is something I'd like to emphasize on.

The point of rules isn't actually to balance a game and level the playing field, but to ensure that the game remains fun to either play or watch. While it is true that I don't find it very fun to watch a player spam a single optimal strategy over and over again(like using a dropped ice sword to bait enemy Coms, and then luring them into a massive team combo like flute or icicle+inferno)... I don't find having to stress and count the number of times I used a move to be very fun either, whether as a player or a spectator. Besides, we can always pick our favourite recordings to watch based on the characters chosen if we don't like seeing Henry, and it takes a bit more than just blowing the flute to get really far.

The only thing I'd truly restrict in these records besides the F6-F9 cheat keys is Rudolf transforming into Julian. Rudolf can use Julian's mirror images to create clones practically for free, allowing you to amass over 50 Julian clones, in as early as stage 10. At that point, its no longer the human player playing the game, but watching the default LF2 AI fill the whole screen with soul bombs and skull blasts. That, is definitely not fun outside of a catharsis value.

Honestly the only rules, or rather guidelines we'd ever need are:
1) Sticking to one character category - transforming into LouisEX for example would be considered a boss character category and not a 10 random hero category.
2) Declare the speed or use of any tools - otherwise it can be put into the equivalent of a "free-for-all" category.
4) No F6-F9 cheat keys.

That's all.
[Image: uMSShyX.png]
~Spy_The_Man1993~
Steiner v3.00 (outdated), Challenge Stage v1.51
Luigi's Easier Data-Editor, A-Man's Sprite Mirrorer
Working on the LF2 Rebalance mod.
Thanks given by:
(10-16-2018, 12:48 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  I notice you copy pasted the original thread that Reaper hosted, which is actually fine as long as you're willing to keep it updated, but you will need to either vet through all the old recordings to see if they break existing rules or erase all old records entirely. Plus, you've added certain rules which I feel do not make sense.

Quote:1.play in the fastest speed distance allows you
2.Use Henry's D^J only up to 4 times a single stage
3.Use Jan's D^J only once a stage
4.for John and Sorcerer, use DdownJ only once a stage and D^J only once a stage for each member of your group.

Regarding 3 and 4, I think you massively overvalued the usefulness of heals in Stage mode.
Healing spells only recover your current HP, it will not recover your *maximum* HP. The only way to do so is to drink milk, which you are already on very short supply, especially after you get past wave 50 where you'll basically never get milk until every 10 levels later. In other words, as you progress further into the game, you'll find the heal spell useless and desperately only want milk.
Furthermore, characters become stronger as their HP for every 100hp they lose, reaching the maximum mp recovery rate at 99hp, so sometimes players will want to deliberately keep their health low.

---

I'll be the first to admit that Henry's D^J flute is a very broken ability. It starts up too fast. It has massive combo and crowd control potential. It cannot be blocked or even evaded in some circumstances. If your HP is low enough you will regenerate almost all of the MP cost needed to cast it a second time by the time you've finished the first flute. But if you're playing in a team, this is far from the only thing that is broken. Have you seen Firen+Freeze's inferno+icicle combo? How they used a weapon like an ice sword to lure an AI into a very specific behavior and then blast them all by exploiting how you can burn & freeze the same enemy repeatedly? Would you restrict those too?

The game can be slowed down - either intentionally with a frame rate changer or unintentionally due to a poor internet connection speed during online multiplayer or even from a sh**** computer. A slowed down or constantly paused game gives you time to react, which can be a huge advantage against the computer AI with its instant reaction time, but I do note that LF2 tends to eat up your inputs in low speed.

Now, I have spoken before in a previous thread the 1st rule about playing in the fastest speed is honestly unenforceable, and if it is unenforceable it shouldn't be a rule. However, the fact that you can recognize that and make an exception for internet lag shows that you understand the concept of "the spirit of the law", and this is something I'd like to emphasize on.

The point of rules isn't actually to balance a game and level the playing field, but to ensure that the game remains fun to either play or watch. While it is true that I don't find it very fun to watch a player spam a single optimal strategy over and over again(like using a dropped ice sword to bait enemy Coms, and then luring them into a massive team combo like flute or icicle+inferno)... I don't find having to stress and count the number of times I used a move to be very fun either, whether as a player or a spectator. Besides, we can always pick our favourite recordings to watch based on the characters chosen if we don't like seeing Henry, and it takes a bit more than just blowing the flute to get really far.

The only thing I'd truly restrict in these records besides the F6-F9 cheat keys is Rudolf transforming into Julian. Rudolf can use Julian's mirror images to create clones practically for free, allowing you to amass over 50 Julian clones, in as early as stage 10. At that point, its no longer the human player playing the game, but watching the default LF2 AI fill the whole screen with soul bombs and skull blasts. That, is definitely not fun outside of a catharsis value.

Honestly the only rules, or rather guidelines we'd ever need are:
4) No F6-F9 cheat keys.

That's all.
Amm very well.
Yes I am willing to update the thread. I will not enforce any rule to recordings made before it was determined. I will change the rules as you offered.
Thanks given by:
-Number of Players:1
-Names of the Players: Pudzian
-Difficulty: Difficult
-Chars Used: Woody
-Reached Stage: 50 (Bat and LouisEX also died)
-Recording Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwMoJt-...JjLTQ/view
-Real Time/Frame Rate: 11 fps

-Chars Used: Davis
-Reached Stage: 48
-Recording Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RmJShyO...PnXK2/view
-Real Time/Frame Rate: 11 fps