Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LF2 Tournament
(11-10-2018, 03:58 PM)MangaD Wrote:  Well, this was not advertised enough and it has little details. What are the rules, conditions, etc?

If you advertise at the Fb group, Israel website, Russian website, Polish website...
though I can ask Stm for help advertising to the Chinise community, my knowledge in Polish or Russian is zero. I could try advertise it in Arabic. is anyone here from these communities and can help with that?

anyway I don't know how much sweat a lagged competition is worth... it's nothing like playing the game 30 FPS as it's supposed to be.
Thanks given by:
Okay, guess I'll have to throw my two cents in here as well. Thing is that there has never been an LF2 tourney hosted at LFE where the pool of participants was so good that people could be geographically placed together. Why? Because despite its German domain (.de), the demographic has been pretty diverse (except maybe for its initial few years when the officials were the big talk and LFE just a German/English site for DCing-reference). In fact, you can largely see that with the currently visiting members fairly well (memberlist sorted by "last active"): https://www.lf-empire.de/forum/memberlist.php?sort=lastvisit&order=descending

Sure, there are a few clusters but the strength of LFE is that people are from all over the world come together around here instead of how it's with highly localized communities like Hebrew, Polish, Chinese, or Russian, to name the more famous ones. At the cost of "lagless" gameplay, this serves in getting a broad overview of the scene with all its finesses.

Now, I'm not a fan of playing at 5 fps either, simply because a single match may then take half an hour, but sometimes it's inevitable. Nevertheless, having a slow connection is still better than none, in my opinion, so one cannot be picky in this regard.

Long story short, LF2 tournament is possible around here but it wouldn't be played even close to 30 fps. For that, you'd have to go to a different community. Also, assuming we had a winner from each community, would they then face each other to determine the ultimate champion? That sounds like a massive speed drop as well...

30 fps relies heavily on reaction and muscle-memory, slideshow-gaming feels more like a strategy-game (e.g. aligning your char along the xz-axes such that you can time your attack perfectly at individual TUs and pixels while not getting hit). Each to their own, I guess Wobble
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2018, 08:53 PM)Silverthorn Wrote:  Okay, guess I'll have to throw my two cents in here as well. Thing is that there has never been an LF2 tourney hosted at LFE where the pool of participants was so good that people could be geographically placed together. Why? Because despite its German domain (.de), the demographic has been pretty diverse (except maybe for its initial few years when the officials were the big talk and LFE just a German/English site for DCing-reference). In fact, you can largely see that with the currently visiting members fairly well (memberlist sorted by "last active"): https://www.lf-empire.de/forum/memberlis...descending

Sure, there are a few clusters but the strength of LFE is that people are from all over the world come together around here instead of how it's with highly localized communities like Hebrew, Polish, Chinese, or Russian, to name the more famous ones. At the cost of "lagless" gameplay, this serves in getting a broad overview of the scene with all its finesses.

Now, I'm not a fan of playing at 5 fps either, simply because a single match may then take half an hour, but sometimes it's inevitable. Nevertheless, having a slow connection is still better than none, in my opinion, so one cannot be picky in this regard.

Long story short, LF2 tournament is possible around here but it wouldn't be played even close to 30 fps. For that, you'd have to go to a different community. Also, assuming we had a winner from each community, would they then face each other to determine the ultimate champion? That sounds like a massive speed drop as well...

30 fps relies heavily on reaction and muscle-memory, slideshow-gaming feels more like a strategy-game (e.g. aligning your char along the xz-axes such that you can time your attack perfectly at individual TUs and pixels while not getting hit). Each to their own, I guess Wobble
hmm food for thought. maybe you should organize something like that, but I hardly see Shim'on or Tal from Israel getting a flight te Taiwan for the finals, although it may be done. there is some strategy when it's 20 25 fps, but I am afraid we are gonna have just akward 7 fps which is just too boring... there are not many Americans so at least we won't heat the 2 FPS (I am just guessing how slow the distance makes the game, guess we should get it checked out).
Well I can try to pull it off... mmm. it will take some time then anyways.
Thanks given by:
(11-10-2018, 09:57 PM)Uri Wrote:  but I hardly see Shim'on or Tal from Israel getting a flight te Taiwan for the finals, although it may be done.

You better very quickly forget about that idea unless you're willing to donate ~1k$ to the prize pool which is then simply used for paying a flight ticket. Speaking of prize pools, there hasn't really been much of a prize in any tourney around here so again, not particularly feasible to say the least.

If you're wanting to draw casual players together, then you're free to organize a low-maintenance tournament (check out the others organized around here to see how they've been done). Anything beyond that is likely not going to work.
Silverthorn / Blue Phoenix
~ Breaking LFE since 2008 ~

"Freeze, you're under vrest!" - Mark, probably.

» Gallery | » Sprites | » DeviantArt
Thanks given by: