Little Fighter Empire - Forums
[Char] Julio+ - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: Little Fighter 2 Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Projects (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Releases (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: [Char] Julio+ (/showthread.php?tid=9651)

Pages: 1 2

Julio+ - YinYin - 02-27-2015

Introduction
Most accumulated type of request I got until now: "How do I play Julio with armor?".
Previously you had to hack the character file.
Now you can select him directly, you don't even have to cheat.

Description
Bells, whistles, descriptions and more useless text are on my blog & website.
So the important things for the forum are the new challenges that come with it:

This Julio is the first one with a custom AI.
This makes him quite a bit more challenging, see who you can beat him with in versus mode.

And although his magical armor may be one of the best protections you can get it is not very durable.
Can you get through a stage without loosing it?

Post me some screenshots of completed (or failed) challenges :)

Screenshot
[Image: julio+.png]

Download

Credits
ddraw.dll by Silva and Someone else

RE: Julio+ - prince_freeza - 02-27-2015

edit:
i played with him for about an hour now, i had fun he seemed difficult in the beginning but as we fought more i figured him out and came up with a tactic to beat him, i fought him using all existing chars and won in all of them (not from first try ofc) i will post few screenies here"

[Image: 6wFiojMgJSanl8xysqUsIfRDZfk9Z.jpg]

[Image: 6wFhn0DfjBliXE9rimvEp4k9OK08G.jpg]

[Image: 6wFhJkLv16S3lAFby236g4j6m5slv.jpg]

i also did a survival run using julio i tried lasting as long as i could without braking the armor stage 6 was the farthest i would go.

great work once again YinYin.

RE: Julio+ - STM1993 - 02-28-2015

Played with all heroes, template and Bat. I kinda broke Julio with Bat's bats though he eventually recovered. Noticed a lack of mirror files(for some reason A-MAN's sprite mirrorer doesn't mirror all of them) and the data.txt is outdated for 1.9c, so when I played Survival I had to manually add in Brokeback Cliff.

[Image: k1I0iPH.png]
Also broke him with Julian_Ball 2, though I know that you're not supposed to do that.

All battles are fought in Difficult, HK Colosseum. Completion times:
Dennis: 1:24
Woody: 1:17
Davis: 2:56
Freeze: 0:56
Firen: 2:03
Louis: 1:26
Rudolf: 1:17
Henry: 0:57
John: 1:10
Deep: 1:42
Template: 1:01
Bat: 2:08 (could've been shorter)
Survival - broken at stage 5.

[attachment=3316]
Attached above are all the .lfr files. Haven't played in a long time and my new Windows 7 is a little slow with LF2/Fraps for some reason.

Dennis: 0:00
Woody: 1:34
Davis: 3:00
Freeze: 6:17
Firen: 7:21
Louis: 9:38
Rudolf: 11:16
Henry: 12:43
John: 13:47
Deep: 15:06
Template: 17:00
Bat: 18:11

RE: Julio+ - prince_freeza - 02-28-2015

@pretty good!

the non armor version is frustrating to catch but i managed to corner him like this couple of times:

RE: Julio+ - the lf2 fan - 02-28-2015

you could have added some more moves

for example a cross slash

or the sword becomes purple and hits really hard

RE: Julio+ - YinYin - 02-28-2015

Updated with mirror sprites, new data.txts, improved AI, improved data, improved everything.

Can anyone get through stage 1 without loosing the armor? I'm pretty sure you will loose it anyway upon transitioning to stage 2, but I'm not yet sure if that creates any problems.

(02-28-2015, 02:16 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  I kinda broke Julio with Bat's bats though he eventually recovered.
1000 points to you if you can figure out how he gets into that situation. AI should now recover from it more quickly (possibly making it unnoticeable).
(02-28-2015, 02:16 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  Also broke him with Julian_Ball 2, though I know that you're not supposed to do that.
Julian gives and takes.
(02-28-2015, 03:03 PM)the lf2 fan Wrote:  you could have added some more moves

for example a cross slash

or the sword becomes purple and hits really hard
Yes I could have done anything.

RE: Julio+ - Lauli - 02-28-2015

Any chance that he'll get a move where he can charge up his sword, so the julio_suitb is a little less redundant?
Would be in line with his health-regeneration move without the armor, in a way.

RE: Julio+ - prince_freeza - 02-28-2015

(02-28-2015, 06:24 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Can anyone get through stage 1 without loosing the armor? I'm pretty sure you will loose it anyway upon transitioning to stage 2, but I'm not yet sure if that creates any problems.

upon transitioning to stage 2 you loose the armor! i passed stage 1 without loosing the armor, here is a recording if you are interested and a screenshot for stage 2

Julio-stage#1-difficult.lfr

[Image: 0ty53kT.png]

RE: Julio+ - Som1Lse - 02-28-2015

Like prince_freeza mentioned he seems to be broken on stage 2-5, as his armor doesn't spawn. Other than that I noticed that his controls were a bit clunky (unable to turn around in the air for example).

I also want to point out that you probably should not be distributing AI ddraw.dll with a character, but instead contain a link in the readme to a place where it can be downloaded. It is not that I have a problem with other people distributing the AI ddraw.dll. The reason is that anyone can modify it and unlike a LF2 character it can (and does) contain actual executable code, so if the code is malicious it will be executed.
For example it would be very easy to modify it to read all the passwords stored by a web browser and then send them to a web server, and BAM login compromised.
For this reason the best practice is to store the official dll somewhere on your computer, and using that one for a LF2 installation.
The point is not that YinYin is distributing a malicious ddraw.dll (because he isn't). The point is that we shouldn't be encouraging bad practices.

(I'm sorry for making this rant the majority of my post in a thread that isn't really about that)

RE: Julio+ - STM1993 - 03-01-2015

(02-28-2015, 06:24 PM)YinYin Wrote:  
(02-28-2015, 02:16 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  I kinda broke Julio with Bat's bats though he eventually recovered.
1000 points to you if you can figure out how he gets into that situation. AI should now recover from it more quickly (possibly making it unnoticeable).
Julio is always holding a weapon, which itself holds the armor (which at this point is already broken). I don't understand how you managed to make Julio behave so differently in armor and yet in the LF2 select menu, whenever I F4 out of armor Julio(after getting him out of his initial frozen position), he becomes unarmored. Nvm, I just realized Julio is also somehow holding the armor as a heavy weapon, I don't know how you did that.

Anyway, this bug happens whenever Julio gets hit by an attack with insufficient fall when high enough in mid-air. When that happens, he goes into injury, which goes to next: 999 at the end of it. If he is still in mid-air by the end of the injury frame, he will go into frame 212 and lands in frame 215... which are frames where the weapon is in armor mode and the sword doesn't appear. When Julio stands after 215, he is actually using his armor standing frames. It is easily fixed by simply doing any other action than defending or jumping however.

Btw I also found out that if you use Whirlwind on Julio when he is healing or let him unfreeze, he will drop a milk.

I gave the new version a quick try with Freeze, he is much tougher now since he is more aggressive in armor mode and he actually defends himself better while healing.