Little Fighter Empire - Forums
Back to LF2 after few years. - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: Little Fighter 2 Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: LF2 Modifications / Other Versions (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Back to LF2 after few years. (/showthread.php?tid=9437)

Pages: 1 2

Back to LF2 after few years. - boracarina - 10-08-2014

I used to play this all the time, and i was downloading stuff from lf2 global, but now, not a single download works! Where do i download all the cool versions, can you link me some good ones? not too op? also where to download more characters and maps?
Back when i played LF2 i didn't have internet, but now that i do, can i play online? where can i find people to play with?
Thank you and sorry for so many questions... the nostalgia by this game hits me hard :)

RE: Back to LF2 after few years. - Ramond - 10-08-2014

Hello! If you have a look over at the LFE mainsite (http://lf-empire.de/lf2-empire/introduction) I'm sure you'll find what you need. There'll be a tutorial on most things (including online fighting) plus quite some handpicked mods and characters to download, which live up to a certain standard.
Feel free to roam the Projects (and Releases) section on this forum too, there's a ton of custom characters and mods to discover as well.

To find people to play with, come join the #lfe IRC Channel on irc.freenode.net (though be warned most of the people are lurkers, and sometimes nobody may respond, don't let that get your hopes down though, try again later).

PS. The custom character/mods on the mainsite can be found in the submenu "LFE Fileplanet" on the left side of the page.

RE: Back to LF2 after few years. - boracarina - 10-08-2014

Thanks a lot! I didnt expect such a fast answer! I'm amazed how this game still lives :)
Any versions or characters you would recommend me? :)

RE: Back to LF2 after few years. - Memento - 10-08-2014

(10-08-2014, 09:30 AM)boracarina Wrote:  Thanks a lot! I didnt expect such a fast answer! I'm amazed how this game still lives :)
Any versions or characters you would recommend me? :)

There's plenty! If I may be so selfish: try my new Goku character if you like dbz

What was your usermame on lf2-global?

I wasn't registered at lf2-global :)
I will try every single version xD
Now that i watch some combos at http://lf-empire.de/lf2-empire/introduction/characters
This game actually has more depth then i thought!
Also, very noob question: how do i grab? I sometimes do it accidently xD

RE: Back to LF2 after few years. - mfc - 10-08-2014

you punch guys enough to make them go dizzy and shaking (generally 3 punches) and you simply walk towards them.

Otherwise i'm confused, why is there all kinds of text edits when you install characters?
I remember all used to be like a setup, the only setup i've found so far is Maverick which is awesome :)
Are there any more easy to installs like this?
I always fear i will do something wrong and crash everything :(
I've tried to install a few already and only Maverick works.

Ok so any character apart from Maverick didn't appear, i followed all the instructions, and every version is stopped working either when launched or as soon as i pick characters...
I guess i was better at installing things when i was 11 year old xD

RE: Back to LF2 after few years. - ThrillerBeat - 10-08-2014

Hi welcome to LFE and I think you can find the most chars here browse in LFE fileplanet and in LFE forum in the project section.If you want to fight with others download lf2lobby.You can speak with others at webchat.freenode.net channel:#lfe you can challenge some people if they accept. you grab opponent during dance of pain (they cant move)

RE: Back to LF2 after few years. - STM1993 - 10-08-2014

(10-08-2014, 12:10 PM)boracarina Wrote:  Ok so any character apart from Maverick didn't appear, i followed all the instructions, and every version is stopped working either when launched or as soon as i pick characters...
I guess i was better at installing things when i was 11 year old xD

LF2 has an important data.txt file that the game needs to read to determine what files are being loaded and used for the game. Since mods are made separately and not everyone is going to want to install the same downloads as you do, you generally won't have "easy installs"... unless the character requires almost all the original LF2 data to be modified to make the character work such as Maverick.

That said, installing isn't that hard. Just paste the folders over as instructed and manually paste the "id" lines in the provided readme into the data.txt file. Just make sure you don't install too many mods, last I remember you can't have more than 100 lines of id installed, and it is preferable that no two files should have the same ID.