Little Fighter Empire - Forums
ALS ice bucket challenge - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: General Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: ALS ice bucket challenge (/showthread.php?tid=9373)

Pages: 1 2

ALS ice bucket challenge - empirefantasy - 08-25-2014

Hi!

have you done the challenge?...and have you given donation?

I actually completed the challenge but no donation...yet.

RE: ALS ice bucket challenge - YinYin - 08-26-2014

(08-25-2014, 11:11 PM)empirefantasy Wrote:  I actually completed the challenge but no donation...yet.
Video or it didn't happen.
Also your second option seems equivalent to the last one.

edit: also, where will you donate to and what will the money be used for? Animal testing, research without animal testing or more accessibility for people with this disability?

RE: ALS ice bucket challenge - Gespenst - 08-26-2014

Yo,
I am against this Ice bucket challenge, it's stupid actualy ( no offense ).
Why not just donate? Ofc, what fun in donating with no fun part but look at those people ( not talking about you) most of the, just doing it with no clue why they are doing. In my coutry, on a news, they were talking about ice bucket challenge, almost every darn people doing it in my country.
I hate it...

RE: ALS ice bucket challenge - YinYin - 08-26-2014

(08-26-2014, 06:57 AM)EXG9 Wrote:  I am against this Ice bucket challenge, it's stupid actualy ( no offense ).
Don't underestimate the positive impact this has.

(08-26-2014, 08:01 AM)YinYin Wrote:  
(08-26-2014, 06:57 AM)EXG9 Wrote:  I am against this Ice bucket challenge, it's stupid actualy ( no offense ).
Don't underestimate the positive impact this has.

I am not underestimating it but people make a show out of it. Ice bucket challenge is stupid because most of them made it like a fun, new way to show yourself on the internet. People should donate instead of doing this bucket water thing. If I had money of my own, I would donate for it without this challenge, but I dont have it.
If people wouldnt have made this into a stupid thing, then it would be a cool thing. Yes, previous post was wrong saying that Ice bucket challenge is stupid. It should had been "I am against this Ice bucket challenge, it's became stupid after lots of people with not knowing about its meaning started doing it for fun"

RE: ALS ice bucket challenge - Memento - 08-26-2014

(08-26-2014, 11:36 AM)EXG9 Wrote:  People should donate instead of doing this bucket water thing. If I had money of my own, I would donate for it without this challenge, but I dont have it.
If people wouldnt have made this into a stupid thing, then it would be a cool thing. Yes, previous post was wrong saying that Ice bucket challenge is stupid. It should had been "I am against this Ice bucket challenge, it's became stupid after lots of people with not knowing about its meaning started doing it for fun"

No offence, but would the thought "lets donate for ALS!" pop up in your head without this craziness? Of course there's reasons to be against it, maybe even simply because ALS and having fun are getting linked with this challenge, but still: it's getting more attention than ever, and I expect the profit for ALS research to be WAAAY higher now than if money would have been raised by just begging people for their money, which they often disgrace.

RE: ALS ice bucket challenge - Memento - 08-26-2014

(08-26-2014, 12:32 PM)EXG9 Wrote:  Don't forget, donate $100 or do video of yourself with this ice cold water. Famous people do this bucket thing, ye maybe they also donate but lets look at the younger people, teens, preteens, kids. They think its a cool thing to do it, why not to do it and pass it to the others?. Some even doing for another purpose "I made it, I tagged you, you do it or you buy me a chocolate". Thats becoming like that "Beer challange" (dont know if you kow it). Most of the people dont even care or know what ALS is. If people would encourage to not to do this bucket thing but just donate in their videos, that would be good enough to satisfy me.

edit:btw, ice water kills also, or atleast hurting us.

True, and yet this challenge, and therefor ALS, got your attention ;-) That's the whole purpose of this, getting people's attention towards ALS and eventually donate. Of course there's tons of people who don't donate but just see it as a cool thing to do the challenge. However, even they get people to think about ALS, so I think it's a good thing. Without them, I probably wouldn't have been thinking about ALS right now and neither would you.

dammit, I deleted my post. gahh

edit:
Quote:True, and yet this challenge, and therefor ALS, got your attention ;-)
it went viral, over the whole internet, mostly social media. Its impossible not to see that.

But you see, it encourages people to donate. Some say that its on animal experiments. Let's think. One company do this ice bucket, another may start. It will be like "do something "cool" or donate, entertain us".

You know that thing that you cant jump into cold water without first getting used to it. You know what may happen. IBC is same.

RE: ALS ice bucket challenge - Lauli - 08-26-2014

EXG9 Wrote:"I am against this Ice bucket challenge, it's became stupid after lots of people with not knowing about its meaning started doing it for fun"
Wow, some stupid people do unlikeable things. WHAT A BIG NEWSFLASH!
It's been said already; these are the ones that spread the word - with or without knowing about ALS - that's the point of the challenge.

RE: ALS ice bucket challenge - Bamboori - 08-26-2014

many people (including celebrities) just post a video of them doing the challenge, with no info whatsoever about the purpose of it.
there are still lots of people though who do inform the viewers about what als is and how to donate.
(i like how charlie sheen did it)