Little Fighter Empire - Forums
Movie Reviews - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: General Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Movie Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=9364)

Pages: 1 2

Movie Reviews - LutiChris - 08-21-2014

Anyone got any movie recommendations?
I'm sure you guys know some pretty interesting movies besides the ones shown on imdb, rotten tomatoes, youtube critics...etc
You don't need to write anything else besides the name of the movie (you could use this thread as your bucket list for movies to watch)
but personal reviews and ratings are appreciated^^

It would be nice to get some lfe perspective on what you guys like.

RE: Movie Reviews - Nyamaiku - 08-22-2014

i watched most kind of movies, so i cant say which genres i prefer.
these are a few i watched recently and i think its good:
-Scott Pilgrim
-Jump Street 21
-Jump Street 22
-Django Unchained
-Mama (though im disappointed with the ending)

edit: and Space Pirate Captain Harlock

RE: Movie Reviews - Gespenst - 08-22-2014

-Rurouni Kenshin (FILM, LIVE ACTION) : DO I even need to explain about Samurai X? Keshin, fighting bad guys, samurais, chop chop, slash. BLood :D
-Jump Street 21 : Two way different guys (they become policemans) on a mission to find out about drug dealers and stop them.
-Jump Street 22 : like previous. On a mission, two guys, yara yara, to find people who selling drugs.
-Human Centipede :DD (I hope you heard of it) : horro movie. Title explains it all.
-Son of Batman (animated) : son of the Batman? what else? Batman learns that he have a son and he must take care of him.
-Justice League: War (Animated) : Justice League is against war vs evil
-Justice League: Flashpoint Paradox (Animated) : Flash travels to another dimension where things are different.
-The Expendables 3 (They say its good) : All star movie, army like operations, reminds me of CONTRA games.
-R.I.P.D. (Rest In Peace Department) : A recently slain cop joins a team of undead police officers working for the Rest in Peace Department and tries to find the man who murdered him.

RE: Movie Reviews - Lauli - 08-22-2014

Some I like, no order:
  • Upstream Color; low budget, really high quality. Directing, writing, composing, etc. all by the same guy.
  • THX 1138; interesting to see what George Lucas did before Star Wars
  • A Serious Man; pretty funny, nice cinematography.
  • Koyaanisquatsi; no plot, very subtle story, good music.
  • Genius Party Beyond; collection of short films. Some anime studio let artists do whatever they want. Some very interesting shorts.
  • Synecdoche, New York; VERY good writing.
  • Holy Motors; very confusing plot at first, interesting to find out why things happen. Pretty funny too.
  • Visitors; no plot, very subtle story, beautiful images.
  • Punch-Drunk Love; romantic comedy with lots of references to superman, with Adam Sandler. Better than you'd expect.

Edit: Put some short "reviews" next to them.

RE: Movie Reviews - Rhino.Freak - 08-22-2014

I can't really suggest a lot of movies but here are a few that I personally like :

- Dark Shadows ; Fantasy kinda, really fun and a pretty unique atmosphere within.
- Pandorum ; Sci-Fi, a little horrifying, but really amazing.
- The Tunnel (2011) ; Very underrated. Its damn damn scary. A 10/10 recommendation to scare someone.
- Ted ; Heh, funny and awesome. You'll love this XD
- World War Z ; EPIC.
- Adventures of TinTin ; Animated, amazing in 3D.

And basically all movies of Jim Carrey.

EDIT : ADDED MOAR

RE: Movie Reviews - LutiChris - 08-23-2014

Here's a list of movies that i think you may like...
  • Little Miss Sunshine ★★★★☆
    Genre: Adventure | Comedy | Drama
    Plot: An inspiring tale of a dysfunctional family determined to get their young daughter into the finals of a beauty pageant, so they go on a cross-country road trip in their troublesome VW bus to California.
    Personal Review: Not only are the character's really interesting but they also suffer numerous personal setbacks that change them. I just like the message it sends to people, it's heart-warming and inspiring.

• Falling Down ★★★★☆
    Drama | Action | Adventure
    Plot: A divorced and unemployed former defense engineer goes on a violent rampage across the city of Los Angeles, trying to reach the house of his ex-wife in time for his daughter's birthday party.
    Personal Review: It's kinda sad...

• Primer ★★★☆☆
    Genre: Sci-Fi | Thriller
    Plot: A group of young entrepreneurs/scientists are working on a business project when two of them are working on their own mini-project and accidentally discover of Time Travel!
    Review: Fair warning, it's a low budget film, not a whole lot of impressive effects, not to mention the first half of the movie is slow paced but it does pick up pretty fast so pay attention! The plot gets more interesting in the 2nd half of the movie with unexplained occurrences of their doppelgangers. Even if you pay attention it'll be very confusing (you may have to watch it several times to understand what's fully happening). I think it's pretty unique and subtle compared to most sci-fi films where they portray time travel as a hallucinogenic ride.

• Catch Me If You Can ★★★★☆
    Genre: Crime | Drama
    Plot: A true story about Frank Abagnale Jr., who, before his 19th birthday, successfully conned millions of dollars' worth of checks as a Pan Am pilot, doctor, and legal prosecutor.
    Review: It's pretty fun how he tries to avoid the FBI and hey... it's got Leonardo DiCaprio!!

• Curious George and the Monkey ★★☆☆☆
    Genre: Drama | Adventure
    Plot: A curious boy named George goes through puberty and visits a zoo at night. He discovers the power of friendship with his new friend the monkey as they go on wild adventures and have pleasurable experiences.
    Review: An unforgettable movie experience.

• Elias and the Mighty Groin Cobbler ★☆☆☆☆
    Genre: Western | Comedy
    Plot: a handsome brave bald boy is being chased by an army of dildos and is in search for the creepy shop keeper who sells glamorous articles of clothing and questionable magazines to under-aged kids so he could help him fight off the annoying space-faring invaders from an evil zombie corporation.
    Review: If only it were real...

the last two were jokes
lel - Simoneon

RE: Movie Reviews - Conqueror - 08-24-2014

LutiChris Wrote:Guardians of the galaxy!!!
You said it dude.:)

RE: Movie Reviews - LutiChris - 09-28-2014

I know a couple of you guys have seen it already *looks on steam* you can also find it lingering about on youtube or primewire. Definitely recommend watching this, it's well worth your time.
  • Indie Game The Movie ★★★★☆
    Genre: Documentary
    Plot: It follows the journey of indie game developers as they tell you their story before their games release.
    Featuring the creators of Super Meat Boy, Braid and Fez
    Review: If you're ever interested in game development this is a must-see. I found it interesting how they defined art and shared their view points about the community and the gaming industry in general. They talked about their childhood and how the games they grew up with inspired them to invest their time and money to create a game they would love and share it with the world. Its also emotional ride for the developers as they had to deal with negativity in their life that was diminishing their hope of succeeding in their project.

RE: Movie Reviews - LutiChris - 10-07-2014

I've only seen 4 our of the twelve movies listed here
(Old Boy, Pan's Labyrinth, Life is Beautiful, and The Intouchables)
[Image: aQp30yW_700b.jpg]

RE: Movie Reviews - Hellblazer - 10-14-2014

I like:-
Jump street 21
jump street 22
The way way back
the odd life of timothy green
final destination (nearly all parts)

will post if i remember some more :p