Little Fighter Empire - Forums
YinYin - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: Little Fighter 2 Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Projects (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Forum: Releases (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+---- Thread: YinYin (/showthread.php?tid=9142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: YinYin - YinYin - 03-22-2014

Up it goes.

Can you make all characters survive through the second stage?

(03-02-2014, 02:30 PM)YinYin Wrote:  Just pop this into your LF2 folder and fire up the included executable:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qsg4sqqscr3i7lx/y2f.zip

Here is a peek at stage 2:

RE: YinYin - STM1993 - 03-22-2014

One new explosion attack and... the heck? He's harder to hit with dash attacks now and he's gotten smart against Firen D:
NO NO GET AWAY FROM ME AHHHH!!!

EDIT:
I've beaten him with Henry. His rolling helped A LOT. I re-installed LF2 from fresh. Will be making a video record with Fraps as usual in case my recording is still screwed up because I'm using Windows XP.
[attachment=3168]

I have no idea why dash attacks should be harder to land. Or do you mean the potential punishment when landing a dash attack against a full charge?

(03-22-2014, 12:35 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  Will be making a video record with Fraps as usual in case my recording is still screwed up because I'm using Windows XP.
Yup, you are still aiming towards the wrong direction from the beginning and get a sync error as soon as the AI catches up to your parallel XP universe to smack you.

I seemed to go over him when I tried to dash attack him with Dennis, but nevermind...

Anyway, here's the video:

I played at normal frame rate. Fraps recorded the video in 15 fps(I couldn't get Fraps to record at higher frame rates because my comp sucks), video speed is doubled using Windows Movie Maker so it won't be such a chore to watch so the sound would come off a little weird.

(03-22-2014, 01:50 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  I played at normal frame rate. Fraps recorded the video in 15 fps(I couldn't get Fraps to record at higher frame rates because my comp sucks)
I couldn't see it properly on the previous video, but was the normal ground movement always this constant bunny hopping? If so please try to move the two custom data lines to a different position and see if that changes it to something that looks more like this (gliding and skating).

(03-22-2014, 01:58 PM)YinYin Wrote:  I couldn't see it properly on the previous video, but was the normal ground movement always this constant bunny hopping? If so please try to move the two custom data lines to a different position and see if that changes it to something that looks more like this (gliding and skating).
Yeah, it had always been like that on my end, its the same with my previous vid with Dennis. I've played around with the data.txt, but there is no improvement.

EDIT:
Wait, I managed to make it work. I moved the lines to below the last type 3 lines, like this:
Code:
id: 229  type: 3  file: data\julian_ball2.dat
id: 59 type: 0 file: y2f\yinyin.dat
id: 590 type: 3 file: y2f\yinyin_blast.dat

That's the true reason for your replays being borked (and not being able to view other replays). Your opponent moves differently.
I've had the same problem when using two id 0 objects in front of yinyin.dat. I'll see if I can fix the problem without requiring a certain data.txt order.

Dennis stage 1 once again, with the new stage 2 file and after shifting the data lines.
[attachment=3169]
Working on stage 2, with Dennis. Gotta say the explosion is quite a cheap shot, I can kick him down but he'd then immediately use the explosion.

And his most damaging attack is not any of his special abilities, but his NORMAL PUNCHES - 30 each, and frankly the fall value is too low, he can sometimes just punch you 4-5 times before using super(which is further enhanced by the charge) on you for over 220 damage.

RE: YinYin - Nyamaiku - 03-22-2014

Grr oh yinyin why? why do you have to make something THIS hard to beat?
grinding his armored a** is already a painful task. then he has those constant teleporting and aggressive attacks, not to mention he easily recover from or shrugs off attacks. now you have to give him an explosion attack? da-em, it get even worst when the explosion charge gets combined with elemental charges.

anyway, its a nice challenge. i like challenging bosses that uses special moves like the explosion, teleporting flash, and absorb elemental charges etc, but the grinding part really makes me feel bored soon. the fact that your attacks normally deals so little damage even when you manage to get behind him also gets on my nerves a little.

oh, and a sad thing about the update, now that i updated my y2f pack to ver2, i couldnt view my previous replays.Facepalm

I finally fought him to a draw with Dennis after 100000000 tries. His armor seems to have been upgraded, and he knows how to turn when in his charging animation so back kicking doesn't always work.
[attachment=3170]
During those tries, I learned one thing: NEVER use D to cancel D>J for Dennis or Firen, or else the controls will screw you up. I'll get a better one next try.