Little Fighter Empire - Forums
HeroFighter (Martis new game) - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: General Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: HeroFighter (Martis new game) (/showthread.php?tid=3149)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: HeroFighter (Martis new game) - Lauli - 06-29-2009

Marti Wrote:Hero Fighter (Chinese: 英雄大作戰) is a free web-based fighting game created by Marti Wong. This game is still under development and alpha version will be released by the end of July 2009.
Facepalm.
Or what?

RE: HeroFighter (Martis new game) - MH-Razen - 06-29-2009

Alectric is right, Marti told me there's no such thing as DC again - especially since it's online. But lets see what we can do :P

RE: HeroFighter (Martis new game) - Zazz1 - 06-29-2009

(06-28-2009, 04:38 PM)no one Wrote:  
Quote:Last year, after struggling for months, I finally make a difficult decision to quit my job. And concentrate on working on my new game - Hero Fighter (HF).

He quit his job to make a free video game?

Isn't he like in some important position in LFO? o_O

RE: HeroFighter (Martis new game) - Alectric - 06-29-2009

was, i think is the correct word. He and U1 tech both created LFO, but i dont think marti works there anymore.
he did some work for microsoft too (or was that starsky?)
anyway, too the point made earlier
Hero fighter blog Wrote:Since HF is web-based and written in Flash, I have to take into account the server space and flash performance during the process which is quite different from my past experience.

can you edit online swf files? can you even download them?! flash is quite tricky, so thats a whole new language.
i think i read somewhere that if you want to edit parts of a game, you have to have the source code. (taken from somewhere about madness interactive modding) If marti does release the source code for it, im still not sure what you have to do next with it :S
but still, we'll need some uber programmers/hackers and lotsa time if you wanna edit it

RE: HeroFighter (Martis new game) - Silverthorn - 06-29-2009

There is a problem with editing SWFs. I've seen multiple flashs that rely on certain files that you cannot download. Means: the whole thing wouldn't work when downloaded as they get certain parameters from external files. This doesn't need to be the case with HF, of course.

(06-29-2009, 07:42 AM)MH-Razen Wrote:  Marti told me there's no such thing as DC again
Talking about DCing the "popular" way (as in opening a file, changing a few numbers, saving, done)? I remember, I've pretty much "de-compiled" quite a few Flash-files back into fla-format. Codes etc. were viewable & (more important) editable. Just letting you know.

RE: HeroFighter (Martis new game) - Angel_Adam - 06-29-2009

sorry to ask but,is there going to be a data changer for this game??
so we can make new ones..??

RE: HeroFighter (Martis new game) - TheNave - 06-29-2009

*facepalm*

dude, just try to read other posts... the answer is in the post right above yours

RE: HeroFighter (Martis new game) - Som1Lse - 06-29-2009

(06-29-2009, 12:57 PM)Angel_Adam Wrote:  sorry to ask but,is there going to be a data changer for this game??
so we can make new ones..??

(06-29-2009, 07:42 AM)MH-Razen Wrote:  Marti told me there's no such thing as DC again.

So no you wont be able to edit this the old way.

Maybe there is still a way to edit it through.

BTW: Awesome work Marti!

Edit: Ninja'd

RE: HeroFighter (Martis new game) - vandesdelca - 06-29-2009

is starsky help marty on this game?

RE: HeroFighter (Martis new game) - Som1Lse - 06-29-2009

I dont think he is. The blog says nothing about it.