Little Fighter Empire - Forums
Little Fighter 4 Turbo Help 2 - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: Little Fighter 2 Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: LF2 Modifications / Other Versions (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Little Fighter 4 Turbo Help 2 (/showthread.php?tid=10812)

Little Fighter 4 Turbo Help 2 - Twiixtor - 01-22-2018

Didn't want to bump the other thread since it's a bit old also this is a new issue so yeah.

Basically everything in the game is facing right. I have no clue what is causing the issue. It doesn't happen in the regular LF2. It never used to happen with LF4 on my old computer. It's a clean download from littlefighter.biz so it cant be anything wrong with the files I don't think.

Screenshots:

[Image: j57xTzcWTQyz0VPB3aJIqQ.png]
[Image: BwPaSP2gQyKy8E5HaWLtxA.png]

Specs:

i7 7700k
GTX 1080
16GB DDR4 RAM

Thanks for any help in advance.

RE: Little Fighter 4 Turbo Help 2 - STM1993 - 01-23-2018

This is a common problem for many mods, because many mods use the old 1.9 or 1.9c exe, which do not have _mirror sprite support, and newer computers with certain graphics cards, notably Nvidia graphics cards, don't support left-right sprite flipping that old LF2 exes rely on.

Generally the easiest way to fix this is to simply use original LF2(the latest version 2.0a)'s .exe file, and using a sprite mirrorer to make a _mirror version of all the sprites.

RE: Little Fighter 4 Turbo Help 2 - Twiixtor - 01-23-2018

(01-23-2018, 05:14 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  This is a common problem for many mods, because many mods use the old 1.9 or 1.9c exe, which do not have _mirror sprite support, and newer computers with certain graphics cards, notably Nvidia graphics cards, don't support left-right sprite flipping that old LF2 exes rely on.

Generally the easiest way to fix this is to simply use original LF2(the latest version 2.0a)'s .exe file, and using a sprite mirrorer to make a _mirror version of all the sprites.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I was unable to get the sprite mirrorer to work. I placed the file in the LF4 Turbo sprite/sys folder, ran it and nothing has changed.

How did you mean to use the original LF2's exe file?

RE: Little Fighter 4 Turbo Help 2 - STM1993 - 01-24-2018

You need to run the mirrorer.exe inside each sprite folder, you don't just leave it in there.

As for using original LF2's exe file, I meant simply copying original LF2's "lf2.exe" over to LF4 Turbo's folder, and use that lf2.exe instead.
Just remember that your original LF2 must be the latest "version 2.0a", otherwise this won't work.

RE: Little Fighter 4 Turbo Help 2 - Twiixtor - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 12:19 AM)STM1993 Wrote:  You need to run the mirrorer.exe inside each sprite folder, you don't just leave it in there.

As for using original LF2's exe file, I meant simply copying original LF2's "lf2.exe" over to LF4 Turbo's folder, and use that lf2.exe instead.
Just remember that your original LF2 must be the latest "version 2.0a", otherwise this won't work.

I did run the mirrorer.exe inside just one folder. Are there multiple?

I did the LF2.exe file thing and it appears to have fixed the issue but now everything looks like LF2 but just with additional characters and moves. I guess it's a much better scenario but still a bit of a bummer.

Thank you very much for all the help <3

RE: Little Fighter 4 Turbo Help 2 - STM1993 - 01-24-2018

(01-24-2018, 11:47 AM)Twiixtor Wrote:  I did run the mirrorer.exe inside just one folder. Are there multiple?

I did the LF2.exe file thing and it appears to have fixed the issue but now everything looks like LF2 but just with additional characters and moves. I guess it's a much better scenario but still a bit of a bummer.
Depending on the mod there may be more, like sprite/template1, but usually just sprite/sys will do.

If you feel that its quite a waste that you don't have the original mod's silver interface and you won't find it too time-consuming, you can download Resource Hacker from the LFE mainsite and extract the bitmaps from the LF4 exe and then import it into the original LF2 exe that you're using to run the mod.

You're welcome.

RE: Little Fighter 4 Turbo Help 2 - Twiixtor - 01-25-2018

(01-24-2018, 02:08 PM)STM1993 Wrote:  
(01-24-2018, 11:47 AM)Twiixtor Wrote:  I did run the mirrorer.exe inside just one folder. Are there multiple?

Depending on the mod there may be more, like sprite/template1, but usually just sprite/sys will do.

If you feel that its quite a waste that you don't have the original mod's silver interface and you won't find it too time-consuming, you can download Resource Hacker from the LFE mainsite and extract the bitmaps from the LF4 exe and then import it into the original LF2 exe that you're using to run the mod.

You're welcome.

Welp I just spent the last 30 minutes editing the exe to suit my needs only to CTRL + Z the b*tch in windows after I moved it to the wrong folder and losing it all. But at least I know how to do it now.

Thanks for all the help :)