Little Fighter Empire - Forums
hello - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: Little Fighter 2 Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Sprites (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: hello (/showthread.php?tid=10640)

hello - Wiro - 02-25-2017

Hi guys,

decided to post in this section as this was once my main field.
I was surprised to see that this forum still has quite a big attendance.

Now I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I was once a big contributor to this underground spriting scene, or at least considered myself as one..

It was great to see some familiar names while lurking and a big shoutout to Mono (the same Monolith???) holy sh*t you've improved since I last saw your stuff

So I thought I'd write a bit about myself, I left this scene when school and other interests took over, I've been studying graphic design and animation with interests bouncing between photoshop, flat design illustration, ux and animation - basically anything, except pixel art.

Now I'm very sad that all my LF2 related work are gone, All my old links are dead, tho I might have something on some old HDD at my parents house. I've had some nostalgic cravings for LF2 every now and then, but being a mac user for a few years, my options have been limited.

Now the reason I came here was that while I was playing around at work the other day, animating this flame, I thought the pixelized ("adaptive resolution" preview) version looked smoother than my original and suddenly woke this urge to do more pixel art again.

Anyway, I'm not saying I'm back, but I'll definitely be lurking more in the near future, tho one thing I know is that despite growing during the last few years, my motivation still acts like a sine curve. I can't keep a project more than a week on my desk before losing interest. Now I start to get second thoughts about this post, so I'll just leave you with this

have a good one,
Wiro

[Image: l44Qab5S4AVIqfIGY.gif]

RE: hello - Gad - 02-25-2017

Hey. Great to see you here. That's a very fluent animation right here. Tho it's very chibi like, resembles of some maple story style. It's not really animated as real fire would look, but it could be used for certain purposes.

BTW were mostly active on lfe discord. If you have some free time feel free to join. It's a general chat, but we're bringing lf2 topics pretty often.

RE: hello - Ramond - 02-25-2017

Hello Wiro! I definitely remember you. Welcome back.

If you can't keep working on projects for longer than a certain period of time, how about doing many little projects, some small but useful stuff that could be generally usable, stuff that you can finish within hours as long as motivation prevails.

The flame's looking really nice. Are you planning to create more LF2 related stuff? When I look at the flame I'm thinking you could probably do particle and projectile stuff very well. Maybe even create some packs and release them ;)

RE: hello - Wiro - 02-25-2017

Thanks for the replies!

@Gad
Yeah, it's more cartoony than realistic, Noticing now that it will need tweaking as some contrast in the motion was lost in the pixelation.

I'll check out the discord channel

@Ramond
Thanks,
that's a good idea, the problem with smaller projects for me has been that they've been too small, like some short loop or random logo that I've just posted on instagram to leave it be.
I think I'm missing some interactivity in a way, with LF2 you always have the possibility to play with what you've done, even if it wasn't finished. That being said, I don't know if I'll do LF2 related stuff if I can't see it in action ;P

But I do plan to do more assets like this that could evolve into some bigger project some day, mobile game or similar.

RE: hello - Gad - 02-25-2017

You could optionally do some weapons or sprites for projectiles/explosions etc.

RE: hello - Gespenst - 02-25-2017

Welcome back, Wiro!

Good to see veterans comin home :)
Yes, I am the one and only, Mono. Thanks! I appreciate that.

p.s. am I the only one who sees it in this way? [Image: iKSLJ5L.png]

RE: hello - MangaD - 02-25-2017

Welcome back @Wiro

Nice flame. :pokeball:

[Image: tumblr_nhhdngTozQ1tbbjwwo1_500.gif]

In regards of being a Mac user, try this.

For playing in network mode with up to 8 players, try this.

You may also need to check this, in case you use ddraw.dll.

There are a lot more news that you can check out there, but for now,

Bye.

* MangaD has quit (Quit: MangaD)