Little Fighter Empire - Forums
[BG] The community-inspired BG! - Printable Version

+- Little Fighter Empire - Forums (https://lf-empire.de/forum)
+-- Forum: Little Fighter 2 Zone (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Projects (https://lf-empire.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: [BG] The community-inspired BG! (/showthread.php?tid=10116)

Pages: 1 2 3

The community-inspired BG! - Silverthorn - 11-01-2015

Not the typical area to find me in but I guess it fits best in here :p

I'm totally in the mood to paint a background, I just don't know what to paint. So here I am, asking you guys what you would like to see! :D

Chances are that I'm going to record myself painting and publishing it as another doompainting. Also, if anybody's willing to do the DCing-part, I'd be more than happy to hand it over to you :p

(Potential) Backgrounds
"Potential" because the image is already there and just needs a bit of "split to individual bitmaps" and a .dat-file. If you are interested in performing either task, please do tell in this thread. Thanks! :)

Killing Fields (Click to View)
Nuclear Catastrophe: Control Room (Click to View)

RE: The community-inspired BG! - Gespenst - 11-01-2015

abandoned building? factory, burnt field. Trainwreck acident

RE: The community-inspired BG! - T.O.R.N.A.D.O - 11-01-2015

I think he already painted something like abandoned building. I believe it was named Acherontic.

@Blue Phoenix Do you do anime backgrounds?

RE: The community-inspired BG! - Hellblazer - 11-01-2015

Your room with you doing your regular work. :p

ps: whats with this theme bro?

RE: The community-inspired BG! - Rhino.Freak - 11-01-2015

So are you gonna select one guy's idea or pick from each post?

I'd personally like to see an apocalyptic scenario with nuclear power plants and a view of horrible mess! :D

RE: The community-inspired BG! - MnM - 11-01-2015

I have no idea if BG could have an animation. But Falling tetris blocks would be awesome.

RE: The community-inspired BG! - A-Man - 11-01-2015

A surface of an exoplanet, where the atmosphere is very thin that you can see space clearly from. And somewhere on the view there could be the 'LFE planet', and mayhaps few forum-related eastereggs floating too.

@^: Wanna tetris friends? :P

RE: The community-inspired BG! - Silverthorn - 11-01-2015

Oh boy, so many ideas!

To kick things off, I started with something fairly easy (aka. ~1h):

Killing Fields
[Image: 6SkoVg7.jpg]

Am I being overly dramatic? Probably. Do I regret it? Nope :p

Kept the elements layered, haven't done the full "isolate into individual BMPs" yet. Also, no DC-code written because I feel more like painting things :p
Recorded myself during the painting-process, if there is some demand, I can submit a video as well.

On a second thought, I maybe should've waited before going straight ahead and juggling words around, because now it looks like I just read the first and fifth word of Sänger's post lol

(11-01-2015, 02:42 PM)T.O.R.N.A.D.O Wrote:  @Blue Phoenix Do you do anime backgrounds?
Well, my typical métier is not quite anime-related, as you may see from the work I usually post or from previous backgrounds (link, link,  link).
Sure, I could do something anime-related but it will a) definitely be in a style similar to the stuff linked above and b) I might not even have a clue what anime X is all about :D

(11-01-2015, 03:51 PM)Hellblazer Wrote:  Your room with you doing your regular work. :p
[Image: 9P17kOw.jpg]
That would certainly be a strange bg!

(11-01-2015, 03:51 PM)Hellblazer Wrote:  ps: whats with this theme bro?
Uncluttering and making it look a bit more modern :)

(11-01-2015, 03:56 PM)Rhino.Freak Wrote:  So are you gonna select one guy's idea or pick from each post?
I honestly have no idea. Should've maybe thought this through beforehand, haha!
Seeing how many suggestions there are already, I guess it would make sense to condense multiple into one :p

(11-01-2015, 03:56 PM)Rhino.Freak Wrote:  I'd personally like to see an apocalyptic scenario with nuclear power plants and a view of horrible mess! :D
Oooh, that actually sounds pretty sinister, I like it!

(11-01-2015, 04:07 PM)Me-N-Mine Wrote:  I have no idea if BG could have an animation. But Falling tetris blocks would be awesome.
Oh no! The Tetris-invasion! Aaaaaah!
So, like, those blocks just randomly fall down and you'll have to avoid them while battling others? :p

(11-01-2015, 04:19 PM)Doctor A Wrote:  A surface of an exoplanet, where the atmosphere is very thin that you can see space clearly from. And somewhere on the view there could be the 'LFE planet', and mayhaps few forum-related eastereggs floating too.
Haha, great idea! You guys are amazing, there is now so much to choose from! :D

RE: The community-inspired BG! - mfc - 11-01-2015

The tree on the right should have reverse gravity. Like its hands, branches will fall upwards.

RE: The community-inspired BG! - Som1Lse - 11-01-2015

(11-01-2015, 03:56 PM)Rhino.Freak Wrote:  I'd personally like to see an apocalyptic scenario with nuclear power plants and a view of horrible mess! :D
I would really like that too.

Alternatively something involving Cthulhu.