Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: LF2 Utility Alpha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
About the program:

What is it about:

I'm trying to make installation easier for everybody.
The program should make it possible to do an automatic installation for any character that can be downloaded from the LFE-Fileplanet and possibly other sites. Detecting collisions between installable chars and giving you advanced options for collision solving.

Preview of new version:

Everything below this line (including attached files) is old and will not apply for the next version.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

How does it work:

After you select the character:
1. Click on download
2. Click on install
3. Make sure the path is set correct (otherwise go back to the settings and change it) and hit the install button

After a few seconds a message box should jump up witch tells if the character has been installed.

About the script:

Here is a script example: (Alpha 1.1)

How does the script work:

What the different symbols mean:
@ navigates into the downloaded folder if necassary
# create a new folder in the specified LF2 folder. In this example it will create: "C:Program Files (x86)\Little Fighter2\LF2 2.0a\frozen
! moves a file from the download folder to the LF2 folder
" in between these things you put the data.txt lines

When the installation progress is started the script will be read in.
First it'll detect how many folders must be created,
then how many files have to be moved,
then how many lines have to be written in the data.txt

after that it will work through the script top to bottom and do all the requested tasks.

Latest Version: Alpha 1.2

Changelog:

Make sure you set the path to your LF2 Directory in the settings before installing characters.

When downloading and using a new version, please install a fresh LF2 copy or make sure the specified path is a original version.
-otherwise you take the risk of getting a non-working version[/color]

Available characters:

Aeron
Anti-Davis
Beeya
Darius
Duke
Frozen
GearBeing
Lindwurm
Maijin
Silva
WraithSorcerer

Please report bugs. And if you have any suggestions, please post them here.

I'll be updating this post frequently.
nice program really i will like to have it could you give me a download link soon
(10-03-2012, 05:37 AM)Kashif Wrote: [ -> ]nice program really i will like to have it could you give me a download link soon
The link is in the attachments under the screenshots.
What language did you use in this program?
This program features Vegito, Maveric and Beeya. And there are like 85 chars in LFE Fileplanet. To link them all to the program it is gonna be a tedious work.
And one thing, the program always has to download the images used for previewing in the program. If it makes a cache of the images, it can always view the images whether the internet is on or not.

But yeah, nice effort.

BTW, I get an error while closing the application.

(10-03-2012, 04:41 PM)Electric Shock Wrote: [ -> ]What language did you use in this program?
This program features Vegito, Maveric and Beeya. And there are like 85 chars in LFE Fileplanet. To link them all to the program it is gonna be a tedious work.
And one thing, the program always has to download the images used for previewing in the program. If it makes a cache of the images, it can always view the images whether the internet is on or not.

But yeah, nice effort.

BTW, I get an error while closing the application.

Thanks for the feedback!

I use visual c#.
To link the characters i just have to put the name in the box everything else is automatic. I decided just to put the ones who already have a script in it.
Witch means the only real work left is doing the scripts.

I added the cashing already. When the program is running the images get saved into a temp folder.
But the settings are making a problem at the moment. After closing the program the temp files get deleted. But when you deselect this option then it produces errors. So i disabled the option in the current version and temp files still get deleted after closing.
I added this to my worklist. It must be a drag for people with slow Internet connection.

The error must have something to do with the setting that deletes the temp files. Thank you i again added this to my list.
But so far i don't know what might causes it.
all you need now is a parser that reads in dat files and readme to determine the required file structure and automatically creates your install scripts

not to mention going all the way with development to make this so super awesome that it will detect when object ids overlap and auto change all data to make it fit

but never mind that at alpha stage

this has been done before but never with a direct site download - pretty cool
may i suggest to combine the download, install and uninstall button - after all a user wont donwload if he doesnt want to test the character at some point - just make the button display the one available option and perform that

edit:
(10-03-2012, 04:41 PM)Electric Shock Wrote: [ -> ]there are like 85 chars in LFE Fileplanet.
188 actually

and then there are also items, backgrounds, ...
Thanks for the good feedback!

I added the combined button to my worklist. This might even needs much less lines in the code.

(10-03-2012, 06:14 PM)YinYin Wrote: [ -> ]edit:
(10-03-2012, 04:41 PM)Electric Shock Wrote: [ -> ]there are like 85 chars in LFE Fileplanet.
188 actually

and then there are also items, backgrounds, ...

Also I want to add a simple form where a user can create his own script without having to write every single file down.
I hope to then find some people to help me out.

Also currently thinking about making a setting for non-LFE files, where the listbox switches to a different one with characters available from other sites or self-created ones etc.

The things I'm currently working on are these:
(10-03-2012, 06:14 PM)YinYin Wrote: [ -> ]not to mention going all the way with development to make this so super awesome that it will detect when object ids overlap and auto change all data to make it fit
I'm gonna need a good day for this one.. :O
Uh, if you're having trouble figuring out what to call it, it's a package manager is what it is.
(10-03-2012, 06:50 PM)Redbeard Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2012, 06:14 PM)YinYin Wrote: [ -> ]not to mention going all the way with development to make this so super awesome that it will detect when object ids overlap and auto change all data to make it fit
I'm gonna need a good day for this one.. :O

keep it at a simple warning message once you can detect that because i think you will need far more than a day for adjusting all data to fix this automatically
I have a sugggestion.

Many-a-time it incidentially happens that a char from one maker has an id that also belongs to a char from another maker. So, if there are two ocurences of the same id, the program can warn the user.
Pages: 1 2 3