Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Error 500 (totally owned)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
TOTALLY OWNED (Click to View)
Anybody explain me that.

E: WHAT THE f***? I was writing an extremely descriptive message but suddenly something happened and my browser went like Alt + <. Now the whole message is gone.

this happened many times i dont get it why did you posted
Yeah this just happened to me too (3 times in the past 5 minutes). I really wonder what the problem is. Try visiting the IRC channel and ask BP about it.
BP's Bio Wrote:I am usually the one who to blame when you encounter fatal errors, layout weirdnesses, and friends within the forums. Most of the time, F5 will solve the issue, though. If you feel like the problem persists over a greater amount of time, feel free to listen to a rant of myself over irc.
I dunno if 3 times in 5 minutes is "great", but it happened to me few days ago too.
...and the quick A-MAN ninja'd me! :ninjad:

(09-24-2012, 02:52 PM)EXG9 Wrote: [ -> ]this happened many times i dont get it why did you posted
Probably because this is obviously a bug/something that shouldn't happen, therefore: justified to post :p

(09-24-2012, 02:47 PM)Electric Shock Wrote: [ -> ]
TOTALLY OWNED (Click to View)
Anybody explain me that.
Simple. Every 60 seconds, your browser sends a request to the server to grab how many new posts there are (aka. how many since you logged out or something like that). The server usually sends a plaintext-response such as "42" which will then be displayed as "View New Posts (42)". However, we lately have been getting quite a few Internal Server Errors / Error 500 (the white page that pops up on random occasions; a reload of the page can fix that) and this is not different to that. I'll have a look into it to avoid that it displays such stuff ;)

(09-24-2012, 02:47 PM)Electric Shock Wrote: [ -> ]E: WHAT THE f***? I was writing an extremely descriptive message but suddenly something happened and my browser went like Alt + <. Now the whole message is gone.
I'd have rather wished to get a detailed description about that but it really just sounds like you either pressed Alt + <- or hit a special back-key (some keyboards have back-buttons) or hit backspace outside the message-window.
@BP the boss
I was browsing some other tab in my browser and when i switched back it shouwed the reload sign and went back. When I pressed forward button, the page loaded all right BUT the message was gone.
(09-24-2012, 03:16 PM)Electric Shock Wrote: [ -> ]I was browsing some other tab in my browser and when i switched back it shouwed the reload sign and went back. When I pressed forward button, the page loaded all right BUT the message was gone.

Just to make sure, with "message" we are talking about the Quick/Full Reply-form where you type up your text, not the post-box, right? I know that, especially when you use the quick-reply-function, post, and then go back and forth, the post might not be displayed. It's there, though, as one can see via F5-ing.
I have no scripts in here that execute something like you described, so I'll have to blame it on the browser/settings you're using. As for myself, I haven't experienced anything like that before...

On a related note, I fixed the overkill-notice. When an error pops up, nothing will be displayed, so you'll either get something like "View New Posts (123)" if it's working as it should or "View New Posts" when your browser either has not received a valid response or an error like this pops up. By the way, such an error can also appear on the Overview; that one's a bit harder to fix, though. I'll have a look into it as well... in the near future :p

edit: "near future" is now. When there is an error with the overview, nothing is displayed :D