Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Retro Lee On Road
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[BG] Retro Lee On Road

[Image: rjo8sg.jpg]

Download

Original Post (Click to View)
The sky looks pretty damn cool!
However I'd rework the area around the sun (is it the sun?), it looks a little too monotone there. Maybe add a orange color fade to suggest sunset, or something like this. Just make it a little interesting, that's all.

But I wonder... is that the original LF1 sky run through some photoshop filters? :O
Thanks a lot, Lauli. Yes, probably it's sun, idk, why blue, but i wanted to make it the most similar to original background. I think i'll also improve shading of hills.

(09-11-2012, 05:35 PM)Lauli Wrote: [ -> ]But I wonder... is that the original LF1 sky run through some photoshop filters? :O
Oh no, never. That's my own work from scratch :D here is the psd file. I've save it as 8bit bmp to make it more pixelate, like original LF style.
[attachment=2922]
i think its the moon actually

the lamps seem to lack a little saturation compared to the rest
the hills could do without the black border to blend with the sky instead of looking like close objects similar to characters
and the clouds seem a bit unrealistic + the sky lacks some kind of gradient or depth - maybe make it turn dark towards the top
How about now?
Well, if it's really moon, there is no need to make it more bright, or colorful. I didn't want to draw new moon, so i left original more-like-sun design, because i ilke it. I thought to make complete new lamps, but if these are good, also there is no need to do it. So are these good?

(09-11-2012, 06:12 PM)YinYin Wrote: [ -> ]the hills could do without the black border to blend with the sky instead of looking like close objects similar to characters

Maybe i'm wrong, but it seems to me they should be closer objects.
the sky is better now
the lamps are too dim i think (did you change them?)

and about the hills - no matter what distance they are at - they are not inside the action plane
not giving them this outline is a way to separate them from the action - if it looks stupid without you can keep it this way
Yeah, i've change them:
[Image: lamps.png]

But i also made my own version of lamp (from scratch ofc :P):
:/ I can't make them too bright, because i have to keep original style.
Lamp isn't goood 'cuse light around him missing
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTj8MGyXbGsOTAcBAD_yfP...j-VGQv6U7g]
(do not made so awful if you going to)
...ofc it should be bigger size!!but without that light lamp isnt lamp..

OTHER STUFF's are great and i looking foward to play on that background...
EDIT:one more example [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXmr2XuGL2RYB0dfzmAgU...os8i5IRzCH]
Marko pro, if you'd explain us how one could properly do this in LF2, we'd all love you forever.
EDIT: Also, the gradient in the sky makes everything look better. I'm not sure about the 8-bit compression though.
[Image: 2112cgj.png]
The only possible way, which doesn't look awesome.
Pages: 1 2 3