Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: HillVillage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In my opinion there recently is a lack of new backgrounds on LFE so I stopped being lazy and finished a new bg.
This may be what it looks like when u make it to the end of lion forest.
HillVillage (Click to View)
DOWNLOAD (clicky)

Width: 1200 pixels
Z-area: medium
Parallax scrolling: Yes
Dynamic effects: No

Took me forever to draw the forest. I hate trees now. Go cut down the rainforest.

The transition from trees to open space doesn't look very good but the background art is very impressive :)
Looks Very good!
But, trees outline looks crappy!
But the rest is just very impressive!
Can you tell me if who is that custom char. in the screenshot?
as he looks good!
Quote:The transition from trees to open space doesn't look very good
You should download it...looks better in game because of parallax scrolling.^^

Quote:but the background art is very impressive :)
Thx a lot! :)

Quote:Looks Very good!
But, trees outline looks crappy!
But the rest is just very impressive!
Can you tell me if who is that custom char. in the screenshot?
as he looks good!

Thx...it's a char I'm working on right now...so not a realeased finished thingy^^
O_o The new BG.
lf2Timme1 Wrote:This may be what it looks like when u make it to the end of lion forest.
But the trees dont look like the Lion Forest's ones. And the sky colour also is not like Lion FOrest. The plain layering is crappy.
Shock:
Quote:O_o The new BG.

Ahm... what?
Quote:But the trees dont look like the Lion Forest's ones. And the sky colour also is not like Lion FOrest.
It's not supposed to look exactly the same like lion forest ...
That's just my own free interpretation of what it could look like drawn in my own style.
Quote:The plain layering is crappy.
Why is the layering plain...because i didn't make on layer purple and the other one neo green?
You shouldn't say sth. about layers before you've actually downloaded and played the bg.

The "O_o the new BG" is nothing but a joke to say when a new coooool BG comes out.

For the layering thing:

See the church, the plain that surrounds the church is not looking good as it is looking like lines. And also the layer above the trees is not plain it is like scratches.

Parallex scrolling is AWESOME!
Cool BG!
sometimes this BG looks like a photo.

Also all buildings are brown,why there isn't another color?
why are there so many haters lately?

I just tried it out, and i think it looks fantastic!
You absolutely nailed the parallax scrolling, it looks so 3D!

The two layers of trees looked very good as well, great work! Its obvious that some of the other guys havent tried the BG in game, because the 'outlines' arent noticeable in game.

My only complaint was that it could have been wider to get a greater view on all the layers!
EDIT: just realised the shadows are very light! almost didnt see the shadow. Perhaps a darkening is in order?

Ill give this a 9.5/10, one of your best there timme ;D
no complaints from me, gb looks awesome and fun to play with... i just kicked julians a** with freeze on it :P
Pages: 1 2