Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: My descriptions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe you can move this thread to "art section".

It is true.

It was about 1 o'clock pm.I was going to school.You ask what was the weather like that day,it was clouding over.Sometimes it became windy.
I was walking on the pavement,while the road in the right had a lot of cars.However,strangely there was so quiet.Most of the cars had stopped( from semaphore),while just a few was making a really small noise.Then only one car was making a small noise,then it stopped too.So that gloomy day became totally silent.Yeah,really silent,even road was full of cars,even a lot of peoples was walking around.If you would be blind you would think that there was an empty road.It really looked so.Then I thought so:"I will start to hear noises when I will arrive to the high street..."
But.I was so wrong!It was totally gloomy day.Even I arrived at the hight street,even there was many cars,just some comforting sounds...
All around was this situation.All the road,all pavements and everything else looked empty...
I think that boring days don't happen always.

If you want to continue it for a few more I can do it.
Stories section?
I won't blather too much on the content of this one. Basically just a few tips-
Repitition is baaad, unless you're trying to exaggerate something. As in "really small noise.Then only one car was making a small noise". Try using some synonyms.
General grammar stuff, like "It was totally gloomy day" and "boring days don't happen always" and "there was so quiet" and and and
To make your descriptions more effective, use stuff like personification(saying an object is doing something which it can't, such as "the earth trembled in fury" maybe when describing an earthquake), similes (saying something is like something else, such as "the explosion was akin to that of a volcanic eruption") and metaphors(saying something IS something else, e.g "the fire spread quickly, a plague incinerating everything in its path").
A weak example of those techniques at use would be "A blanket of silence descended upon the road" or summat. Blanket--->cover stuff, so everything would be silent. Descended-->fall. Jfyi.
Okay, hope you found this advice useful, and someone correct me if I'm being stupid with one of these explanations which I fear I may have been.
Yes,in some cases you are right.
I thought to use personification but I was lazy to use it because when I wrote it was 23:30.
Another reason is that is hard to write it in english,if it would be in albanian language,I would wrote it better.
But I think next time I will try to do some better descriptions.Yeah,I really good in literature.