Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Marine in Space
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay I got started on a new story but its short really. I'll only post the introduction and after a weak or something like that will post more.

Introduction
Earth had lived for a long time and will for as long as humans will defend it. She is safe, away from where all the fighting actually is, but she's in danger. Even though I have never been on Earth I heard it is a beautiful planet, and mostly covered water, and appearing bright green and bright blue from afar, but this beauty can be destroyed by Shorhans, an evil race of aliens able to become invisible and they live in OBLIVION, the sector that we are afraid of and are supposed to take over. We, humans have fought them over a 58 year period and still a draw in hand. In the beginning we tried to use electric weaponry, and plasma weapons. These weapons were expensive but could have manufactured, but these weapons weren't good against Shorhans so we use the old types of weapons, pistols, RPGs, rocket launcher, shotguns, riffles, sniper guns, machine guns. All of these weapons are based on gun powder and explosion. Some are alien weapons that we stole are being used, small PG, they are powered by small plasma energy but they can't kill, they only break the shields that everyone uses, also another weapon is Enery, a gun powered by stone enery, that explodes after it touch any liquid substance, like blood, water, oil, ink, and even can explode of too much moisture in the air. Combat and gear has evolved over time but weapons and vehicles haven't improved much. We humans now live to survive, to protect what we love, what we care about, and that is the only reason why we fight.

Comments and questions are welcomed.
Hope you enjoyed.
BRAVO! Is there anymore parts to this Sci-Fi genre story>
Wow very nice intro, a few grammatical and spelling error’s. The storyline is very similar to Halo. You might not want to explain too much on the weapons and just stick with the storyline. Please continue this story... ;D
Nice. The Sci-Fi-genre has pretty much been neglected in this forum up to now.
I have to agree with LutiChris, though. You may very well describe the weapons in detail, but it doesn't really fit to a "we-fight-for-the-planet-we-love"-prologue. Also be sure not to repeat the same phrases too often (as long as you aren't using parallelism and the like). Naming the living space of the aliens oblivion is too cheesy for my taste, but well, different people, different opinions.
In the next parts, be sure to tell:
-Who is the main character? Where is he? Not on earth obviously. Has he any kind of special mission etc.?
-Why do the aliens attack earth? What do they look like? How are they organized (like, often aliens appear in some kind of swarm, but they may just as well act like humans) etc.
I guess you planned to mention those things, but those are things that could as well be counted to introduction. Of course, they don't have to be in the introduction , but right now it's a bit too short and doesn't tell you much (On the other ahnd it's also possible to write a looong introduction just about "we-fight-for-the-planet-we-love").
Also:
Quote:she is safe, ..., but she is in danger
:wtf:
A nice intro for a sci-fi. And what it seems to me from the prologue about weapons is that he means to tell how desperately humans fight to defend their home (even with weapons that are not very effective). But still too much details of the weapons for the prologue.;)
The whole idea I got for this story was from Halo and so it might have some stuff similar to Halo.
Well repeating might come up some times but very rarely, and what I haven't written doesn't has a main character yet but you'll soon find out. Also some people refer to Earth as a she you know Mother Earth, or how pilots, sailors, and gun people refer to things as she.
Thanks for commenting, I never had so much comments in 24 hours so I'm glad. Also I have to give thanks to my class mates (not you Luti), Ryan, Rollin, Kollin, Kolte, and Patric for helping with gramer and supporting me.

Chapter I
First Mission
It was an early morning on planet Verton. Everyone was at the ceremony of Price of Freedom, at academy Long Road. It was a ceremony that showed that the students had finished their study and were going to be drafted. All the new soldiers were getting their equipment, and prof that they finished the academy. It was a day they were going to SOLITUTE, a main military space station in sector BLESS. After all the new recruits got their things they said to all the people good-bye and got on ST-75 an aircraft able to go to outer space. All of them were sited, and they watched as they went out their planet. It would be a long ride so some people were talking, other just thinking.
They finally reached to Reactor, a orbit that launches space pods to send people much faster than anything else. Every one got out of ST-75 and changed into the equipment they got, and were asked to wait in the orbit station. They set their gear the way they liked checked their weapons. All of the new recruit we scared but exited at the same time. They were called and all of them were set into one giant space pod. It was after 30 minuets that they reached their destination. They were captured by pod net, so they won't crash into the military station. Now their lives as soldiers began.

It looks more of introduction but tomorrow (same time) I'll post were the main character comes in.