Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Your own drabbles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got this idea just recently when I was reading a book with lots of short stories. One of them was a drabble. Now, what is a drabble?
Originally drabble was a game in a sketch by Monthy Python. 2-4 players sit at a table. The first one to write a novel wins. Because that would take too long, drabbles were invented (Though there are rumors that this isn't the ultimate cause)
A drabble is a short-shortstory that consist of exactly 100 words, not counting the headline. It usually has a punchline, not essentially something funny, but something unexpected.
Now, why should you write one yourself, as the title indicates?
Because writing 100 words takes almost no time, except that you still have to come up with a good idea for a storyline you can put into 100 words. It's a nice challenge for yourself to stick to the word-limit. Writing drabbles also trains you ability to be brief.
Caution: This thread is supposed to be some kind of collection. In order to keep it all neatly arranged, I'd like you to post only useful comments. Stuff like: "That's a nice story, I like it" will most likely be disposal'd and you'll be banned
I'll start with one to give you an impression of how it could look like. If you just type in "drabbles" on google, you'll find sites where you can read drabbles of people having some experience with it. I myself have never written one before.

Wonderful Moment

The cold wind swept through his hair. It was a wonderful feeling.
All around him there was a beautiful scenery with high mountains, dark forest and lakes shimmering just as silver does. A bird was crossing his view and he followed it with his glance. Then, as it faded and merged with the skies, the man closed his eyes.This moment could last for a lifetime, he thought. He felt like he wasn't bound to his body anymore. Suddenly he realized how close he was to the ground already. Full of panic he pulled the ripcord.
The parachute didn't unfold.
Nude Death

There didn't seem like any hope he tried several desperate attempts to pull the ripcord.
Finally it snapped. Horrified, that the moment of truth was going to devour his hopes of being the first to sky dive over a volcano; he prayed for a miracle to hit him, rather than the ground. He gave up within two minutes and decided it was best to die in the nude. It was on his bucket-list of things he wanted to do before he died. As soon as he took off his over-sized shirt, a sudden change of events had occurred...
Unfortunately Unreal

It was a bright and beautiful morning. The cream coloured bed covers illuminated the warm morning lights as a gentle breeze whispered through the windows. I couldn't remember how long i'd been awake lying in this soft bed but the thought melted away as my eyes caught onto beautiful flaxen hair, soft pale skin shining in the morning light and sparkling hazel eyes. The angel like figure, standing on the side of the bed leaned her head forward above my face. The pert cherry lips curled into a heart warming smile as she leaned closer.
“YOU'RE LATE FOR SCHOOL JOHNNY!”

i think thats 101 words....damnit
If that's the case, then you can probably take out a word by replacing "angel like" with "angelic."

Hopefully this post doesn't get disposal'd. It's not a drabble, but I'm trying to be helpful.
DubbleD seems to find it helpful, so don't worry.
Also: That is a sign! This thread has been revived, don't let it die again! ~ Reaper
I got bored so ya...here goes

The Neighbors Spider

He found himself once again outside the Henderson's home. He knew it was dangerous to be staying around this time of night but he had no choice. His might as well be dead if he went back home. He laid his head back down to rest his tired old head. He liked nothing else but to wander into the depths of the past. So he imagined that mysterious girl who had allays been so shy. He wondered what things would have been like if she wasn't hit by his Father's car. He turned his head a bit.
"Hello" said the spider...