Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Why LFE was down again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As you might have noticed, both lf-empire.de & herofighter-empire.com were not accessible the last ~24hours. The reason behind this is simple: the server on which these websites are stored had been attacked by another DDoS-attack. Strato had to turn off the server to prevent any further complications. Multiple sites were taken down this way and the financial damage isn't straight small for some admins. I don't know what Strato took so long to boot up their server (about 3 hours) but - honestly - I don't care. I just care that LFE is up again. Enjoy, celebrate, whateverate :)
Out of sheer curiosity... what is a DDoS attack?
I'd like all the nitty gritty details.. for a read when I'm bored. which kinda means now and for foreseeable future. haha.
(08-12-2009, 03:18 PM)Siegvar Wrote: [ -> ]Out of sheer curiosity... what is a DDoS attack?
I'd like all the nitty gritty details.. for a read when I'm bored. which kinda means now and for foreseeable future. haha.

Well, to say it simple: you use one or more computers and send http-requests or pings to a server to overload it with tasks. As a worst case scenario, you can destroy the server because it can't handle that amount, runs at full speed and overheats itself. Ergo: turn off the server before this happens.
whatever
1 day without lfE
Yay up again:D

When I first read the DDoS I thought it was BSoD but it obviviously isnt.(if you know what BSoD is then it will be obvivious why it is obvivious)
hey and where should I post my thread now!? :p
ok so much lfe down time threads...why dont you guys make a single thread that you post in every time there is a down time..
(just giving my opinion srry)
(08-12-2009, 06:06 PM)prince_freeza Wrote: [ -> ]ok so much lfe down time threads...why dont you guys make a single thread that you post in every time there is a down time..
(just giving my opinion srry)
Because that is not supposed to happen. MH's paying for that LFE runs 24/7 and for some money you'd expect people to work a little faster than that. Everything <12 hours is bearable but longer downtimes are in no way acceptable. That's why we're planning to move to a different server. It can't get worse....
well, to be serious it's no plan - it's just a matter of time. The downloads and all my other websites are already on the new server - this new service is much more professional and they've a very good reputation.

Like I told: .com domains (from HFE) can be moved after 60 days - but it's only like 30 days old. When 60 days passed I'll move HFE. When this is over I'll move LFE since it's the biggest website I have :p

and you're right: two long donwtimes in three months isn't acceptable in any case!
thanks guys ;)
but just to mention in case you didnt know....herofighter-empire.com still isnt up yet, the link isnt broken, i just get a blank page
i dont want it to sound like i am pestering you guys, i guess just one step at a time :D ?
Pages: 1 2