Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: Reputation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The LFE-Team and I discussed about the reputation system in the last time and decided to deactivate it. It's not really used how it should be used, members start to collect some reputations requesting them and you get reps like "Welcome back"

This is not what it should be used for!

That's all I have to say about this...
Not happy about that!

It can be used to tell someone where he's good / less good and if he does not behave correctly,
you an give negative or neutral rep if you want to tell him to change his behavior!
"Welcome back *+rep*" Is a way to tell someone to change his behavior? Sorry, but clearly there has been too many misuses.
Alright, but thats not a reason to disable the whole function!
It see more positive as negative aspects in the rep-system!
Agree with HM. Don't disable the whole system because of something like: "hey, I'll give you +1, now give me some."

Just delete those misused rep would be good.
Deleting the missued 'rep's would be good,
If it didn't require a Huge amount of work to go through each 'rep'
and check if its considered legitimate or not.

I wouldn't believe that any mod would like to this,
let alone have the time for it.

I don't think it'll do any good discussing this further anyway,
as MH-Razen has 'put his foot down' on the matter :p
it's not that I didnt like the rep system, but there're to many children around here which dont use it right, and deleting these reps is to much work - sry. Maybe I reactivate this function later again, but in the next time, your only way to thank people is the thank button :p

and btw: I'm not talking about the guys which posted in this thread right now, but during my absence a few things went bad - like the posting moral of some guys. This isn't a spam forum and I think of harder rules concerning this if it doesnt change!
NOOO, my 36 is gone xD
MH Wrote:Maybe I reactivate this function later again
Yes, perhaps we will have it under better control next time.
(And I hope the ratings are not gone)

Hypermodder Wrote:and if he does not behave correctly,
you an give negative or neutral rep if you want to tell him to change his behavior!

Thank you Hypermodder for this prime example.
How many times did I beg you guys not to do this?
But yeah who cares what the moderator says, right?

KadajNoir Wrote:If a new member doesn't behave correctly, write him a friendly pm about his mistakes. This will help both, you and him to work on yourself.

Comments like: "this may turn into a -rep, if you don't change" sound like warnings and a try to control somebody.
It's not the "change somebody's behaviour" and also not the "how popular am I?" -system.
You cannot force somebody to change, if you thought that!

Most negative reputations sound like: "Get the f*** out of our forum"
and I hardly believe it is the right way to make somebody feel welcome here!

You should not give
- negative reputations while somebody's still new (1-2 months) and couldn't get used to the rules or our community. Or he insulted you/dislikes your stuff.
- reputations because you like someone or his work or because he rated you.

The freaking rep system is supposed to rate people's behaviour after a certain time.
That's why I think you abused it! (Although I did it sometimes, too,)

Rest In Peace ~
Good move.

I didn't abuse the system (I can only remember rating Chisio and Angel_Adam ._.), but a lot of people were using it incorrectly (e.g. Gad requesting negative rep / KadajNoir's example towards Hypermodder's response).

I, for one, won't miss the function, and neither should anyone else.
I remember, a few weeks ago I updated the Forum Rules a little.....

Forum Rules Wrote:Rule 17: Reputation Spamming
Do not give out random reputations to people, good as well as bad ones. If you want to tell a member that he/she didn't obey the rules then send him/her a PM. A staff member will warn the person that didn't behave appropriate so there is no need to give a negative reputation. Be patient and careful about giving reputations to others, especially negative ones.
lol.

I've been using that function because it was there. Not excessively giving out reputations (I think, it's pretty much a 1:1 ratio between given out and received comments). It's probably how you use it. However, I could smash my keyboard (if I knew that it's responsible) because of the misuse of the system. "[+1] Here you have +1, now give me something, too", "[-1] Spamming", "[0] You should behave better or this turns into a -1", "[+1] He's my friend" - you know what I think of these? You can imagine.
A self-regulating community can be nice but can anybody tell me then why we have moderators and the warning system? The I-give-you-some-you-give-me-back-reps are as useless as the behavior-reps. Why? Look at this, this is the option that moderators have:

[Image: 9ggf94.jpg]

That's right, a neat warning-system. Try to ignore annoying people, there's a reason for the Report-button and the warning-system. Remember that.

I feel like going off-topic again, so back to it. Rep System. Dishing out the stuff like some people do (or force others to do) is certainly not the right thing to do. It's alright to have some fun but please do this somewhere else. Rep-page =/= Garden of All Joy Where You Can Blame Others. Go talk about behavior things via PM. If you don't, then just ignore these people. Just don't cry about it while not daring to PM that person. That's just coward.

I must say, the Reputation System has been abused often enough and it's a good thing that it has been disabled. Maybe, when the community becomes more settled, it can be enabled again but as of now I think the majority wouldn't be able to use it correctly. My point of view.
Pages: 1 2 3