Little Fighter Empire - Forums

Full Version: A little help here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone. I'm in progress of my LF2 mod bieng created. LF2-Rain of Darkness. All I wanna know right now is that when I open the resource hacker and I save all bitmaps, I get a dat file called " bars " with it. Now the real problem begins.....

I try to find where that dat file is located in the bitmap area via resource hacker. But, no dat file. I need to replace the 1.9c dat file called bars with the other I'm planning to replace it with. Any help on where to find the file and replace it?

-DarkAssasincool
It should look similar to this one:
[Image: 7403Untitled-1.gif]
This folder "BARS" should contain a resource that you're ought to replace with the newly created one. I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but a regular exe should look similar to that, disregarding that this is 2.0. 1.9 just has some resources missing, but I know that the BARS-folder is in there, too ;)
Uh.... thanks for trying to help me on my problem but uh... u got something wrong u know that..... U got the bitmap called BARS but u didn't get the dat file called BARS. Try saving all resources ( bitmaps ) and you'll get the dat file. Overall, that isn't what I wanted......
dat-file? Well, I saved ALL resources, and I got:
- 47 Bitmaps
- 1 Icon
- 1 RC-file

No file called "bars" whatsoever. The only appearance is in the RC-file:
Code:
BACK99_1 BITMAP "Bitmap_1.bmp"
BACK99_2 BITMAP "Bitmap_2.bmp"
BACK99_3 BITMAP "Bitmap_3.bmp"
>> BARS BITMAP "Bitmap_4.bmp"
BATTLEMODE BITMAP "Bitmap_5.bmp"
BATTLETROOPS BITMAP "Bitmap_6.bmp"
CHARMENU BITMAP "Bitmap_7.bmp"
CM1 BITMAP "Bitmap_8.bmp"
CM2 BITMAP "Bitmap_9.bmp"
CM3 BITMAP "Bitmap_10.bmp"
CM4 BITMAP "Bitmap_11.bmp"
CM5 BITMAP "Bitmap_12.bmp"
CMA BITMAP "Bitmap_13.bmp"
CMA2 BITMAP "Bitmap_14.bmp"
CMC BITMAP "Bitmap_15.bmp"
CS2 BITMAP "Bitmap_16.bmp"
CS3 BITMAP "Bitmap_17.bmp"
CS4 BITMAP "Bitmap_18.bmp"
CS5 BITMAP "Bitmap_19.bmp"
CS6 BITMAP "Bitmap_20.bmp"
DEMO BITMAP "Bitmap_21.bmp"
ENDING BITMAP "Bitmap_22.bmp"
FRAME BITMAP "Bitmap_23.bmp"
LF2_CURSOR BITMAP "Bitmap_24.bmp"
LF2_CURSOR2 BITMAP "Bitmap_25.bmp"
LOSE_DEAD BITMAP "Bitmap_26.bmp"
MENU_CLIP BITMAP "Bitmap_27.bmp"
MENU_CLIP2 BITMAP "Bitmap_28.bmp"
MENU_CLIP3 BITMAP "Bitmap_29.bmp"
MENU_CLIP4 BITMAP "Bitmap_30.bmp"
PAUSE BITMAP "Bitmap_31.bmp"
RFACE BITMAP "Bitmap_32.bmp"
SCORE_BOARD1 BITMAP "Bitmap_33.bmp"
SCORE_BOARD2 BITMAP "Bitmap_34.bmp"
SCORE_BOARD3 BITMAP "Bitmap_35.bmp"
SCORE_BOARD4 BITMAP "Bitmap_36.bmp"
SHADOW1 BITMAP "Bitmap_37.bmp"
SLOGAN BITMAP "Bitmap_38.bmp"
SPARK BITMAP "Bitmap_39.bmp"
WIN_ALIVE BITMAP "Bitmap_40.bmp"
WIN_DEAD BITMAP "Bitmap_41.bmp"
WORDS0 BITMAP "Bitmap_42.bmp"
WORDS1 BITMAP "Bitmap_43.bmp"
WORDS2 BITMAP "Bitmap_44.bmp"
WORDS3 BITMAP "Bitmap_45.bmp"
WORDS4 BITMAP "Bitmap_46.bmp"
WORDS5 BITMAP "Bitmap_47.bmp"
121 ICON "Icon_1.ico"
That's the file I'm talking about! ( Sorry for kinda mistaking it as a dat file instead of saying rc file...). It looked like at dat file so I got pretty mixed up. U get when u save all resources but how can u find it without saving all resources? I need to replace it with another rc. file. Any clues on that? Answers will be pleased.
well, let's say it this way: the ResHacker uses some sort of index file to manage all the resources in an exe/dll/whatever. It is just created when you save the resources. Before that, it doesn't exist. What I want to say with that: there is no rc-file stored in the exe, it's just some internal thingy that the reshacker creates by itself. So, you'd need to change the resources not the rc-file. Hope this helps ya ;)
I got it 100% Blue Pheonix ( the bomb )! The bomb means the best. We say that in New-Zealand and Australlia. Tell me if I've got it correct:

I want to put in the backup resource in bitmaps ( that face of characters in LF2ver.2.0) into 1.9c. So all I have to do is create new resource.

Just 1 last thing if it doesn't bug u. How could I make the bgm's work in 1.9c? I tried by copieng the bgm folder from 2.0 and pasted in 1.9c. No themes appearing when I start the game. Is it another head-eating resource hacker thing or is it dumb luck? Any help and answers will be greated.

-DarkAssasincool
Alright, here you go :)

Imagine this pseudo-code written in the exe of 2.0 (yes, it's very java-like instead of being c-like =P):
Code:
if (wma-files in bgm-folder are there) {
   play(asdf.wma);
}
else {
   outputErrorMessage("asdf.wma doesn't exist!");
}
Well, in 1.9c this part is simply this:
Code:

None. :D
The feature doesn't exist. Playing music files in previous versions is just possible with objects that make the sound. But there's nothing similar to 2.0...
You can mess with the resource hacker as much as you want, there won't be any useful result.......

About the bg-images of the chars:
Code:
charPick = random(1, 13);
display(face(charPick));
Again, source-code-related thing. Even if it the exe works after adding these resources, it won't do anything because this code is missing in the old versions.

So yea, I hope this helps you (well, you won't be able to do anything with this information, but I hope it removed a little confusion) ;)
(12-05-2008, 03:48 PM)Blue-Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
   play(asdf.wma);
}
else {
}
does that mean you can play every filetype in lf2 2.0?
(12-05-2008, 03:52 PM)Bamboori Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-05-2008, 03:48 PM)Blue-Phoenix Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
   play(asdf.wma);
}
else {
}
does that mean you can play every filetype in lf2 2.0?
I guess I have a flaw in my pseudo-code...
So, first of all, you cannot play EVERY filetype. mp3 needs a decoder-dll, ogg something else. wma is the only audio file (together with wav) which is supported by the exe.

and by now I think, it is "if(default wma-files are in bgm-folder)".....

Don't rely on that, I don't like to think about such stuff. I take it for granted that it works like it does. I don't care about the way it was programmed =P
Pages: 1 2